Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sweet, so that's three 30s at least, we might get by with that along with me, johnny and toppy at 29?

3 30s should be more than enough for atheon. I will be doing it with my titan (not my hunter) so this should make things even easier.

And there is a chance you might get the helmet tonight which will be great for you!
    Didnt get past Atheon's last checkpoint

We just didnt have enough experienced folk for the relics I think

However plenty of training

Toppy

Emmet is referring at the raid on hard I ran with some people on his friend list last night after I missed the chance of running it with you guys.

I wouldnt worry about not completing atheon last night, it is very hard, we were very lucky we got through the gatekeeper considering that most of you have only run the raid once and none of you had ever used the relic before.

I think is the perfect opportunity for you guys to get used to the relic, you need to watch a few you tube videos and see what each one of you need to do when you are teleported to venus/mars.

Basically when atheon spawns 3 people will be randomly teleported to either Venus or Mars. The person with the most relic experience and highest level should always grab it, head down and start killing the minions. The other two should only focus on killing the oracles as they will start appearing. They always appear in the same spot and in the same order.

There is one exception, Venus minions are more difficult than mars, mostly because there is a big praetorian at the botton that will require all the relic holders attention, when you are teleported to Venus, the other two (while the relic holder heads down to the praetorian) shoiuld throw grenades (and a rocket or two if possible) to the praetorian, at least to cause enough damage to bring its shields down. Then focus on the oracles.

If at anytime you feel you are in trouble with the oracles call it out, one of us can come in and help.

For the people standing outside (not teleported) their only mission is to open the corresponding gate (venus right, mars left) and to take care of the harpies. Harpies spawn in batches of 3, 3 on the right, then three on the left, then again right and then again left. Harpies will shoot at you and they will also blow up if they get too close.

There is no need to stand on top of the gate, once is open you can move away to a safer position.

The people outside need to make sure that the gate is clear of harpies (called supplicants) so the people coming out of it (from either of the planets) dont get blown up.

After this there are several strategies, most people tend to jump to the middle platform, there the relic holder will open the shield (pressing the grenade button) and keep it pressed. In the meanwhile everyone else will need to get inside the bubble/barrier and shot at atheon.

On the left bottom side of the screen there will be a counter (times revenge) when the number is close to 5 people (except the relic holder) should start jumping out of the platform. The relic holder should be the last one to do it.

After this the relic will disappear and the entire process will start again.

It is also important that, when in the protective bubble (relic shield) at least one or two people take care of the harpies (supplicants) while the others shoot at atheon, otherwise when times revenge is over and as you jump off the platform you might end up jumping too close to one of them and get blown off.

But again, it is all much easier if you watch a video in youtube!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There a great crowd of guys. I've played CoD with them since MW3 and there's always great banter no mater what your playing.

Were they all showing off Galajhorn at the end ?

hahaha

only a couple of them had it

:)

I am hoping XuR will sell it this weekend...

Cormac... wrote: »
    :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

You had to be there to understand, some people just dont know how to behave... a risk of playing with randoms... have to say it is the first time this happens to me in destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Didnt get past Atheon's last checkpoint

We just didnt have enough experienced folk for the relics I think

However plenty of training ;)

Toppy

Yeah, did alight up to that point. I think tiredness was starting to be a factor too, more than one of us was yawning and it wasn't from boredom.

Hopefully we can get Atheon finished tomorrow night... for the sake of my marriage I'm going to try stay off Destiny tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sweet, so that's three 30s at least, we might get by with that along with me, johnny and toppy at 29?

Im a bit stuck tonight - not going to be online until 10 id say, lots of crap happening on thursday night - missus is in college etc so i get to mind the kids etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Thanks for going through the strike btw.

Took us a while at one point as I died eh a few times but we got there. :o

Ill have to give it another go though as I didnt get strange coins. I need to start getting these if I'm to have a chance of buying anything from our good friend Xur. I have 13 strange coins and 23 motes of light. Dont really know what either buy tbh but I'd say I need more.

That was only the daily strike so there was no guaranteed coins.

We went through that Strike twice because I wasn't sure if you made it in on time to get the rewards the first time.

If Xur is selling the IceBreaker this week make sure you get it. I've never really like using a sniper rifle in an FPS before but now I'm never without it in Destiny. Unlimited ammo, solar damage and great impact. It was 17 coins when I bought it.

What are you waiting on at the moment to get to the next level? Do you have all Legendary armour? Just trying to get Shards to level it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    It is also important that, when in the protective bubble (relic shield) at least one or two people take care of the harpies (supplicants) while the others shoot at atheon, otherwise when times revenge is over and as you jump off the platform you might end up jumping too close to one of them and get blown off

The rest is spot on, but this is completely unnecessary. In the last 3 times I've run the raid using the shield we've never once had to kill supplicants while on the centre platform, or had anyone go down as a result of jumping out of the bubble. You can jump in 3 directions and generally there will never be more than 6 active supplicants so there's no need to focus on them imho... the other 6 times... I didn't know about the shield trick :o

Also everyone was asking for additional dance moves, at least the sparrow tricks have been added:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Also everyone was asking for additional dance moves, at least the sparrow tricks have been added:

Arent they for that specific sparrow only though?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Arent they for that specific sparrow only though?

Yeah afraid so.

The rest is spot on, but this is completely unnecessary. In the last 3 times I've run the raid using the shield we've never once had to kill supplicants while on the centre platform, or had anyone go down as a result of jumping out of the bubble. You can jump in 3 directions and generally there will never be more than 6 active supplicants so there's no need to focus on them imho... the other 6 times... I didn't know about the shield trick :o

On normal is not mandatory as even if they explode you will likely survive, but on hard, they will take you down and also, you will be stuck in a bubble so if there are supplicants around you will go down as you wont be able to move.

It is just force of habit, I always do it, I have seen so many people jump out to end up in front of a exploding harpie! :)

Not a bid deal on normal as you can probably revive him before they come out of the gate but if numbers start to go down it could become an annoyance, specially when you are just one jump away from killing atheon. :S

I normally dont like going into the bubble, if I am a titan I would stay on the back, open my shield and use weapons of light, shoot rockets, grenades at atheon. I get 17K criticals with the icebreak using weapons of light! Atheon will never shoot at me as he will be focusing on the guys in the middle platform.

• Advertisement

Thought it was related to Normal Raid, sorry

Thought it was related to Normal Raid, sorry

It was, you are right! Sorry for being so picky.:)

As I say, I just do it as force of habit. I noticed, specially if it is your first time, that when you are in the middle platform and you say, ok guys everyone jump now! people kind of panic and dont really know where they jumping to.

I remember jumping out and colliding with another guardian and both falling off the platform

Normally I would jump to the back and then left, find it the safest place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you're level 25 or 26, you do 30% less damage to a level above you, and they do 30% more.... so facing up to some level 28s and 29s, it's likely that if you were only doing about 10-40% of you max damage, and they were doing 160%-190% damage to you. At least that's how level scaling works in PvE, there might not be ANY scaling in Iron Banner, but as a big crucible player at level 29 even I found level 30 players pretty tough and they felt like were 1 shooting me with fusions

The other thing is that players 28-30 will have MUCH better armour, giving them much higher defense and will usually have at least 1 fully upgraded legendary or exotic primary or secondary so that will pump out 300 attack. And although in most game modes we have the ole "Attack does not equal damage, impact multiplied by attack by level equals damage".... this is not the case in IB. Bungie have stated that Defense and Attack are the core stats, at level 29, my defense is 1340. 99% of the players I've come across in IB this phase are level 27+ so this might be a factor IMHO.

Strange coins can buy you a guaranteed piece of Exotic armour from Xur, give preference to helms if possible as the best of these (by best, I mean capable of getting you to level 30) are the only thing you cannot get from drops in the normal raid (they are only in the hard raid). You will also have the opportunity to buy 1 Exotic weapon a week from him, but you should ask here 1st before you by it. About 30% of Exotics are utter $hite, 40% are only about on the same level as legendaries and the other 30% are worth the purchase

Motes of light will let you purchase and armour engram from Xur, this could end up being a piece for any of the 3 classes, so 33% chance it'll be for you.
    You can also by Iron Banner buffs with them, along with a lot of stupid aesthetic class items from the Speaker

That makes sense now. I was wondering why I was getting absolutely hammered. I know I'm not good but Im not absolutely terrible.

Thats cool about the purchasing cheers. Will let ye know if I'm about to buy something so.
    That was only the daily strike so there was no guaranteed coins.

We went through that Strike twice because I wasn't sure if you made it in on time to get the rewards the first time.

If Xur is selling the IceBreaker this week make sure you get it. I've never really like using a sniper rifle in an FPS before but now I'm never without it in Destiny. Unlimited ammo, solar damage and great impact. It was 17 coins when I bought it.

What are you waiting on at the moment to get to the next level? Do you have all Legendary armour? Just trying to get Shards to level it up?

I missed out on the first one. I was out getting a beer from the fridge and doing a few other things when you sent the request.

I had tried that strike earlier on my own and made it about half way through then it got pretty much impossible so thanks for going through it with me.

I can level up my legendary gear a few different ways. I need to farm for spirit bloom and filiment stuff mainly. Also my helmet isnt legendary yet. I need 120 crucible points for that. Think I have 8 currently as I spent it on all the other armour first.

All I'll say is there just isnt enough hours in the day. It really is a complete time sink of a game. The problem is the further in you go the harder it is to put down as you've invested so much of your life to it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gonna run the weekly strike at 28 tonight on PS4. If anybody hasn't done it yet, feel free to add me and we can get it done quicker: WesleySkypes. Need dem strange coins.

I have 25 strange coins right now, 34 once the weekly strike is done, and the potential for level 30 if Xur sells the helmet. However, if he sells Ice Breaker for 23 coins, I'll be grinding tiger strikes like a mad yoke in the hope of getting coins.

Gonna run the weekly strike at 28 tonight on PS4. If anybody hasn't done it yet, feel free to add me and we can get it done quicker: WesleySkypes. Need dem strange coins.

I have 25 strange coins right now, 34 once the weekly strike is done, and the potential for level 30 if Xur sells the helmet. However, if he sells Ice Breaker for 23 coins, I'll be grinding tiger strikes like a mad yoke in the hope of getting coins.

I'd be up for that anytime after 7.30-8.00 start

I'd be up for that anytime after 7.30-8.00 start

Me too. Only thing is it would prob be 10ish :(

Yep, sounds good. Be warned though, I have one arc weapon of any use. :pac: It is a heavy machine gun though.

Can do 10 as well if it suits you guys more. Being laid up with wisdom teeth removal removes guilt of spending all night playing destiny :pac:

Yep, sounds good. Be warned though, I have one arc weapon of any use. :pac: It is a heavy machine gun though.

Can do 10 as well if it suits you guys more. Being laid up with wisdom teeth removal removes guilt of spending all night playing destiny :pac:

OOUUUCCCHHHHH.

I got me a Praedyths Revenge void sniper in raid on Tuesday. So should come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

OOUUUCCCHHHHH.

I got me a Praedyths Revenge void sniper in raid on Tuesday. So should come in handy

I got that sniper last night and the raid chest piece of armour :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I will run it with ya m8, have not done it yet was playing Far Cry 4 too much

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They've revealed too much storyline there, needs to nerfed before launch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is it just me or does the entire crucible need rebalanced?

Fusion rifles are too effective over a long range, hand cannons are a 2-3 hit kill, pulse rifles aren't effective at all, auto rifles could do with a slight buff again, snipers are fine as are rpgs, scouts and lmgs.

In fact most of the balance issues disappear if special ammo was less available in general. There shouldn't be enough ammo around that you can primarily/exclusively use your special weapon.

Pulse rifles clearly need a buff, they are terrible for the most part in PvP.
    Hand Cannons seem ok though 2-3 hits is grand, it's 1/3 to 1/2 of a clip, the equivalent of getting hit by 8-15 auto rifle rounds which seems about right.
    Fusion rifles have a pretty hight effective range in PvE too though, it's not just PvP.
    As an Auto Rifle user I don't necessarily think they need buff, they were nerfed to encourage people to use Scout/Pulse/HC etc.

Low effective range on Fusions, Remove the ability to be 1 shotted by shotguns outside of 10 feet away and buff the pulse rifles and I'd say it's a pretty even playing field..... (maybe ever so slightly reduce the amount of time blade dancers can blade dance for, 3 kills instead of 4-5)

Those 2 or three shots with hand cannons need to be head shots in fairness so it takes a bit of skill to be really effective with them I think. I think its a good point about the ammo, shotguns and fusion rifles aren't really overpowered, it's the fact that special ammo is so abundant you can pretty much use them as primary weapons that's the problem i think. Spawning with no special ammo after you die and making the ammo spawns a little less often would greatly improve PvP imo.

Pulse rifles clearly need a buff, they are terrible for the most part in PvP.
    Hand Cannons seem ok though 2-3 hits is grand, it's 1/3 to 1/2 of a clip, the equivalent of getting hit by 8-15 auto rifle rounds which seems about right.
    Fusion rifles have a pretty hight effective range in PvE too though, it's not just PvP.
    As an Auto Rifle user I don't necessarily think they need buff, they were nerfed to encourage people to use Scout/Pulse/HC etc.

Low effective range on Fusions, Remove the ability to be 1 shotted by shotguns outside of 10 feet away and buff the pulse rifles and I'd say it's a pretty even playing field..... (maybe ever so slightly reduce the amount of time blade dancers can blade dance for, 3 kills instead of 4-5)

I agree about auto rifles being mostly fine. By a slight buff I meant only about a 1-2% increase in damage, nothing drastic.

If they limited the amount of special ammo in PVP my Universal Remote will become a godlike creature, as opposed to the abomination it is right now.

If they limited the amount of special ammo in PVP my Universal Remote will become a godlike creature, as opposed to the abomination it is right now.

But it should be godlike, its an exotic. As long as its not a 2 body hit kill from across the map like the mythoclast was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PvPs not too bad actually, hopefully this incoming hardcore mode has no supers or heavy though, this game with pure gun on gun could be great.

• Advertisement

But it should be godlike, its an exotic. As long as its not a 2 body hit kill from across the map like the mythoclast was.

Yeah, but it's a 5 round primary shotgun with minimal impact. Really weird gun.

One question about the expansion. Obviously all of our 30 light armour will become obsolete once we get - 35 light? - armour. What about our guns? Will expansion pass guns go past 300 attack? Or will it be the same as normal and the boosts you get are from light level?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement