Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Had a go at a few IB games last night, for some reason I kept getting dropped into matches that were near completion, so lost every single one.

I thought they added the medals as a way to keep people from quitting losing matches, but it seems like it hasn't worked.

Apart from IB, the 10 slot bounty update is a welcome one.
    Makes it much easier to blast through multiple bounties at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Tried soloing the Nfall yesterday. Slow and steady the whole way through no real problems. Had Sepiks Prime down to 5-10% health and got killed.
    Wow, that's annoying.
    Was tired but said I'd have a look at IB. Only played one game but actually did ok, considering I don't know the maps (12-14, 4 assists, captured a few points). That said my team got absolutely annihilated. Top 3 scores on the other side were something like 26-6, 23-3 and 16-1. You'd think they'd put one decent player on my side:rolleyes:
    Can see myself having a real go at this. Going to get the shader/mark equipped and activate the buff Sunday morning. Starting from scratch though and have to get to level 4 for the gloves to get to lvl 30.
    Add me on psn (Doyier), I'm gonna be heading for lvl 4 this week too, should find myself in parties as well and we won all but 2 of our games last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did they change the rewards for the Weekly? I did it on Level 28 and didn't get any strange coins.

They dont pop up on screen but you still get them in your inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Why do they not have matchmaking for the Daily, weekly and Nightfalls? I struggle to do the harder difficulties on my own and it's frustrating that it doesn't just match

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

djkeogh wrote: »
    Why do they not have matchmaking for the Daily, weekly and Nightfalls? I struggle to do the harder difficulties on my own and it's frustrating that it doesn't just match

It is frustrating alright - but have you joined the clans and friended up with people from here?

I had the same fear re. nightfall etc and not being able to do them cause of a sparse friends list. Thanks to this thread I've about 50 PSN friends and there is nearly always someone to party up with for a raid, weekly, nightfall or daily. I assume it is a similar case on the other consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Doing the Iron Banner from scratch.

Rank 0-1 needs 100points
    Rank 1-2 needs 1200points
    Rank 2-3 needs ?points
    Rank 3-4 needs ?points

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

I managed to get to just approaching rank 2 tonight. Very frustrating at one point when I lost 4 games in a row.

3-4 is 2400 points, I think 2-3 is the same though I'm not sure.

They've made the bounties easier than last time also Ive been getting 190 rep for wins so ranking up has been pretty quick so far.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    3-4 is 2400 points, I think 2-3 is the same though I'm not sure.

They've made the bounties easier than last time also Ive been getting 190 rep for wins so ranking up has been pretty quick so far.

How are you getting 190 for wins?

I'm only getting 50 x 1.1 (emblem) x 1.1 (shader) x 1.1 (bonus)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    How are you getting 190 for wins?

I'm only getting 50 x 1.1 (emblem) x 1.1 (shader) x 1.1 (bonus)

I think if you win and come in the top 3 (or possibly 2) on your team is when it happens. That's with buff, shader, emblem and class item equipped. I have the nightfall done too but apparently that doesn't affect it.

I think if you win and come in the top 3 (or possibly 2) on your team is when it happens. That's with buff, shader, emblem and class item equipped. I have the nightfall done too but apparently that doesn't affect it.
    You sure? I came top in most of my games last night and didn't notice that, though the part which shows your xp always seems to be covered in other crap and almost unreadable for the brief couple of seconds its up there.

You sure? I came top in most of my games last night and didn't notice that, though the part which shows your xp always seems to be covered in other crap and almost unreadable for the brief couple of seconds its up there.

Yeah it's definitely given me 190 on a few occasions. I thought I was seeing things at first as it seems like an awful lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll run the weekly with you tonight if I get on.

Yeah it's definitely given me 190 on a few occasions. I thought I was seeing things at first as it seems like an awful lot.

Could have been a win + 2 medallions being cashed in from losses actually.

That could very well be it, forgot about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Rank 0-1 needs 100points
    Rank 1-2 needs 1200points
    Rank 2-3 needs 2400points
    Rank 3-4 needs 2400points
    Rank 4-5 needs 2400points
    Benzino wrote: »
    The loot system is silly, got 2 helmets from atheon last night, great...

Luxury!!! We could only dream of getting a Raid Helmet

That must be it. I had about 10 games last night, using the Class Item, Emblem and Shader plus the IB Buff (a further 10% add as of yesterday) and was only getting 73 rep from a single win

Handing in 7 bounties at once

4f73b5ef49787.png

It is frustrating alright - but have you joined the clans and friended up with people from here?

I had the same fear re. nightfall etc and not being able to do them cause of a sparse friends list. Thanks to this thread I've about 50 PSN friends and there is nearly always someone to party up with for a raid, weekly, nightfall or daily. I assume it is a similar case on the other consoles.

Yea signed up to the clan but not really gotten together with many people to play yet. Only just hit lvl 26 and can't really compete on the Level 28 missions which is what most people are interested in.

Any other lvls between 25 & 27 that are looking for someone to team up with do give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yea signed up to the clan but not really gotten together with many people to play yet. Only just hit lvl 26 and can't really compete on the Level 28 missions which is what most people are interested in.

Any other lvls between 25 & 27 that are looking for someone to team up with do give me a shout.

I just hit level 26 last night.

Being honest I'm not much good at the game.
    Im hard to pin down with young kids at home.
    Oh and I might have to leave mid strike (rarely) which isnt ideal I'll admit but I might have to attend to a screaming child in my defence.
    Lastly I generally cant mic up due to wife or sleeping baby or both in the room. Only one telly household. :o

So if youre ok with all of that I'll gladly do the dailys etc with you if I'm online hit me up as the kids say murphyebass is my tag thing.

That goes for anyone. I've added a few people at this stage but the more the merrier!

I was only saying to Cormac recently. This game has a great online community. So friendly in my experience. Long may it continue! :)

I just hit level 26 last night.

Being honest I'm not much good at the game.
    Im hard to pin down with young kids at home.
    Oh and I might have to leave mid strike (rarely) which isnt ideal I'll admit but I might have to attend to a screaming child in my defence.
    Lastly I generally cant mic up due to wife or sleeping baby or both in the room. Only one telly household. :o

So if youre ok with all of that I'll gladly do the dailys etc with you if I'm online hit me up as the kids say murphyebass is my tag thing.

That goes for anyone. I've added a few people at this stage but the more the merrier!

I was only saying to Cormac recently. This game has a great online community. So friendly in my experience. Long may it continue! :)

Hey man I'm in exactly the same boat. 2 young ones who tend to start crying at the most inopportune time. The wife doesn't understand a game you can't pause either so it makes things all the sketchier.

I'd be on for meeting up tonight if that suits. Maybe 10ish? we can run through at least the lvl 26 weekly strike or the nightfall. Just not strong enough to do these on my own at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Some good games of IB were had last night with the lads from here. I'd say a few controllers were hopped off walls, particularly on Firebase Delphi. That team that we beat 20k to 4.5k :pac:

Hey man I'm in exactly the same boat. 2 young ones who tend to start crying at the most inopportune time. The wife doesn't understand a game you can't pause either so it makes things all the sketchier.

I'd be on for meeting up tonight if that suits. Maybe 10ish? we can run through at least the lvl 26 weekly strike or the nightfall. Just not strong enough to do these on my own at this stage.

Really depends if the missus is up at that point to feed our baby. If she is I'll be able to give it a run. If she's knackered I might end up doing the feed at anywhere between 10pm and 11pm which wouldnt be fair on you.

If 9pm is suitable for you I'll try and make myself available for it.

ps - my wife doesnt understand the whole not being able to pause thing either. She was in changing the baby one day and was asking for something and I was in the middle of a strike. Not cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Really depends if the missus is up at that point to feed our baby. If she is I'll be able to give it a run. If she's knackered I might end up doing the feed at anywhere between 10pm and 11pm which wouldnt be fair on you.

If 9pm is suitable for you I'll try and make myself available for it.

ps - my wife doesnt understand the whole not being able to pause thing either. She was in changing the baby one day and was asking for something and I was in the middle of a strike. Not cool!!

My brothers. Any room in that boat? I'm on most nights, usually around 10, so if you's want to run the weekly's and daily, and or some Tiger Strikes, give us a shout.

If at any stage you need to disappear, no problem. Children come first.

• Advertisement

My brothers. Any room in that boat? I'm on most nights, usually around 10, so if you's want to run the weekly's and daily, and or some Tiger Strikes, give us a shout.

If at any stage you need to disappear, no problem. Children come first.

@djkeogh and SolvableKnave, Whats your psn tag thing lads?

mine as above murphyebass

Hopefully we can get something together here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

@djkeogh and SolvableKnave, Whats your psn tag thing lads?

mine as above murphyebass

Hopefully we can get something together here.

PSN is as here - SolvableKnave.

Hint: Turn on signatures in boards setting. Most people have their PSN/Gamertags as their sigs.

Ah, I'm on Xbox One. that might be a problem right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ah, I'm on Xbox One. that might be a problem right there.

Hey there

Emmet can run it with you later, if he is still in the mood after yesterday bumpy night ;)

I might be able to help but I will probably spend the night leveling up all my characters, if someone else who hasnt run it wants to join it might be better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you two are on PSN I will run with you (Warlock 29), I dont mind playing the game for the sake of playing the game and doing Strike with no rewards. I will gladly help out anyone that needs a bit of help.

PSN: wonda3oy

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey there

Emmet can run it with you later, if he is still in the mood after yesterday bumpy night ;)

I might be able to help but I will probably spend the night leveling up all my characters, if someone else who hasnt run it wants to join it might be better

Bumpy is one way of putting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

thebag89 wrote: »
    Bumpy is one way of putting it

Well I wouldnt let it get it to you, I was so happy I was only 29!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ugh, they've somehow made crucible worse if you are lagging. Emptied an entire 70 round mag from the Epilogue into an enemies head, didn't even take down his shield. Shoulder charged someone else and had to hit him again, he then killed me and didn't take any damage from either strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Bohrio, Bag, myself (xb tag: Sundalic) and 2 other planning to do Raid at normal on XB1 tonight at 10 if anyone here fancies being the 6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got the IB boots there. I reckon it took around 15 games plus bounties to get from level 2 to 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement