Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

can't even play right now because I'm still trying to dl the update over the PS4's ****ty wifi connection. One order for powerline adapters enroute..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

can't even play right now because I'm still trying to dl the update over the PS4's ****ty wifi connection. One order for powerline adapters enroute..

Just plug the PS4 into the Router no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Pause and restart it. Worked for me last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Pause and restart it. Worked for me last night.

Same here. It was flying initially then ground to a crawl. A quick pause and it resumed at full speed. There were two updates, first one is over 2Gb and this was fairly quick, the second is only 790Kb -ish and took forever, timed out so many times and hardly moved. Hopefully most people have downloaded it at this stage and you won't have any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

had a few games of Iron Banner earlier. Thought I was going to be grossly underpowered at level 25 but I was holding my own. My Primary weapons aren't really up to the task but resorting to my Fusion Rifle was keeping me competitive. going to struggle to hit alot of the Iron Banner Bounties mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

djkeogh wrote: »
    had a few games of Iron Banner earlier. Thought I was going to be grossly underpowered at level 25 but I was holding my own. My Primary weapons aren't really up to the task but resorting to my Fusion Rifle was keeping me competitive. going to struggle to hit alot of the Iron Banner Bounties mind you.

Helps that a few of the exotics got unintentionally nerfed in the update.

Thorn(poison), Bad Juju(ammo not returning to mag), Icebreaker,(impact) and Invective(range) have known nerfs atm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

just logged on to find a 2.44 GB update for destiny.

Could be out of that raid for tonight lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Nah, you'll be grand. As everyone here is saying, pause and resume when it goes really slow. Seems to take down 3/400m then goes super slow.

Nah, you'll be grand. As everyone here is saying, pause and resume when it goes really slow. Seems to take down 3/400m then goes super slow.

I just have a really shiity download speed anyway

have we got an active Boards.ie clan for this game for Xbox? Think I remember applying for membership a few weeks back but logged into Bungie now and I'm not in a clan. Would be interested in teaming up more with you good folks and tackling strikes and Raids etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

djkeogh wrote: »
    have we got an active Boards.ie clan for this game for Xbox? Think I remember applying for membership a few weeks back but logged into Bungie now and I'm not in a clan. Would be interested in teaming up more with you good folks and tackling strikes and Raids etc.

Yup here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Xbox/118535

Perfect, I'm in now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey guys

Bag, emmet, mick and myself will be having another go (second time today for some of us) to he raid in an hour or so in case you are interested.

However, preferably we would like 2 more 30s?

We are 2 29s hence why we want another 2 30s

Let me or any of the guys know please

Xbox 1 btw we have the oracle checkpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Helps that a few of the exotics got unintentionally nerfed in the update.

Thorn(poison), Bad Juju(ammo not returning to mag), Icebreaker,(impact) and Invective(range) have known nerfs atm

I knew there was something wrong

Anybody used Universal Remote? I just got it from and IB reward screen. I am universally **** with shotguns and I can't see why I would use it as a primary and my only exotic slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Anybody used Universal Remote? I just got it from and IB reward screen. I am universally **** with shotguns and I can't see why I would use it as a primary and my only exotic slot.

I'm levelling it at the moment, it's nothing special tbh. Might improve after I fill in a few more discs. I'm not really a big fan of shotguns anyways, more of a hand cannon/scout rifle man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yay, RNGesus liked me this week. Came out of the raid with the chest piece, a third Atheons Epilogue, and a Hard Light:D. Now all I need is to get Iron Banner upto level 3 to get the boots and I can get to level 30.

Got

Raid sniper
    Raid rocket launcher
    Ghalahorn rocket launcher exotic
    Titan mark (dupe)
    Raid boots (dupe)
    Raid ship

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Nightfall on PS4 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ghalahorn rocket launcher exotic

aarrgghhhh I want it, is the only weapon I want

Anyway, finally the raid has been good to me, I have half run it on 2 of my characters (out of 3)

Although I havent fully finished them so far I got

Final Verdict (again - dismantled)
    Praedith Revenge (again -- dismantled)
    Multi-tool (again -- dismantled)
    Fatebringer (again)
    Praetorian Foil (again)
    Boots for my warlock
    Chest piece for my titan
    3rd set of gaunlets for my titan
    Bunch of shards and energies

So now I will be level 30 on all my classes without needing to play IB, thank God for that!!!

Still need to do it on my hunter and finish it with my other two but i will wait until im lvl30 for that

I hope we get nicer randoms to help us this time, in fact, we probably should just keep it local ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Did they change the rewards for the Weekly? I did it on Level 28 and didn't get any strange coins.

2 raids done, gloves and chest piece for my Titan. Got Vision of Confluence as well, which will help with oracles. Almost level 3 in IB for the boots, so if Xur is selling helmets this week, I'm level 30 once I get the shards.

Cheers to Cormac for running the raid. Done in a quick time with a couple of us noobs in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Doing the Iron Banner from scratch.

Rank 0-1 needs 100points
    Rank 1-2 needs 1200points
    Rank 2-3 needs ?points
    Rank 3-4 needs ?points

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

I managed to get to just approaching rank 2 tonight. Very frustrating at one point when I lost 4 games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I see people mentioning reaching 30 with the aid of Iron Banner. Do you still need some raid gear or is a mix of IB, Legendary and Exotic enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Still need at least 1 raid piece. Can have 1 exotic, 2 IB and 1 raid for 30.

Got the raid helmet last night, no good to me. Have Raid boots/chest/helmet, exotic chest/helmet, but no gauntlets. Going to have to play a lot of IB this week, good thing it turns out the tempered bonus can be purchased multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Feck...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tried soloing the Nfall yesterday. Slow and steady the whole way through no real problems. Had Sepiks Prime down to 5-10% health and got killed.
    Wow, that's annoying.
    Was tired but said I'd have a look at IB. Only played one game but actually did ok, considering I don't know the maps (12-14, 4 assists, captured a few points). That said my team got absolutely annihilated. Top 3 scores on the other side were something like 26-6, 23-3 and 16-1. You'd think they'd put one decent player on my side:rolleyes:
    Can see myself having a real go at this. Going to get the shader/mark equipped and activate the buff Sunday morning. Starting from scratch though and have to get to level 4 for the gloves to get to lvl 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »
    Still need at least 1 raid piece. Can have 1 exotic, 2 IB and 1 raid for 30.

Got the raid helmet last night, no good to me. Have Raid boots/chest helmet, exotic chest/helmet, but no gauntlets. Going to have to play a lot of IB this week, good thing it turns out the tempered bonus can be purchased multiple times.

Are you absolutely sure it can be used by the same character multiple times? My whole "get the gauntlets" plan hinges on using this sometime late into the event:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Are you absolutely sure it can be used by the same character multiple times? My whole "get the gauntlets" plan hinges on using this sometime late into the event:pac:
    Yeah I didn't use it last night because of this. Turns out it can be bought more than once, assuming you have the motes: https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/534814696201678849

So I handed in all 6 bounties without it, a bit annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The loot system is silly, got 2 helmets from atheon last night, great...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement