Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ugh, they've somehow made crucible worse if you are lagging. Emptied an entire 70 round mag from the Epilogue into an enemies head, didn't even take down his shield. Shoulder charged someone else and had to hit him again, he then killed me and didn't take any damage from either strike.

They show people's connection to the game now when you go to roster. It's nice to be able to confirm what you can see when you are shooting people, but they could do with auto kicking anybody that gets a red bar in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Soloing the Templar on Hard VoG you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

McG wrote: »
    Bohrio, Bag, myself (xb tag: Sundalic) and 2 other planning to do Raid at normal on XB1 tonight at 10 if anyone here fancies being the 6th.

I'll hopefully be on around then if there's space left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What is the story with Iron Banner matchmaking?

When I play Control in Crucible I win far more matches than I lose. But so far in IB it is 5 games, 5 humiliating defeats. It feels like I'm being matched with people who've never played an FPS before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

When I play Control in Crucible I win far more matches than I lose. But so far in IB it is 5 games, 5 humiliating defeats. It feels like I'm being matched with people who've never played an FPS before.

That's because you are. Destiny will have a lot of players who are mainly PVE players. They are great at learning cheesing spots for boss fights and using strategies against set piece enemies. But they aren't necessarily great at the twitch mechanic aspect of PVP and IB forces them into PVP for that guaranteed loot.

Each day there has been a bounty for killing 10 players without dying and each day I have completed it easily due to the level of player. I'm an average at best PVP player and I'm winning 80% of the matches I play in IB. Best thing you can do for consistency is team up with some mates or a few of the lads from here if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Consistency of teammates is a big issue.

So far I've won 1 of 7 or 8 matches, despite the fact that I always usually net 4500+ points a game and end up in the top 2 or 3 spots.

If I can get myself to level 3 and get one piece of armour before the end of the weekend I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm just glad medallions don't stack past 5 otherwise it would be embarrassing.
    Playing with one of the best players in our group yesterday. He played one game, came last and quit. I'm pretty average at best, dying a lot but still having fun. Problem is haven't been able to have a decent session this week. Hate playing PvP when I'm tired - it's like have personal lag issues. Off this Monday so hoping to have a decent run at it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is it just me or have they made it more difficult to solo nightfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Benzino wrote: »

Seemingly they have. adjusted the scaling of it so it will be more difficult to solo, but easier (than it was) to do as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Don't think so. That said I tried it the other day and failed twice. Both times was hit by multiple enemies and went straight down.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Don't think so. That said I tried it the other day and failed twice. Both times was hit by multiple enemies and went straight down.

I think they have done something, normally can solo it without any bother, but finding it much tougher now even though I'm level 30 now. Will have to team up to get it done I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was one of those last night that brought down the team hence I why I left tbh.

I wouldnt mind but I normally do ok in the PVP end of things. Spend a good 70% playing capture the flag or whatever its called.

I found the iron banner game just crazy though. I was one shot killed nearly every time. It felt like COD. Spawn, die, spawn, die. Only thing it was missing was some kid teabagging and shouting insults at me every time.

Thanks for going through the strike btw.

Took us a while at one point as I died eh a few times but we got there. :o

Ill have to give it another go though as I didnt get strange coins. I need to start getting these if I'm to have a chance of buying anything from our good friend Xur. I have 13 strange coins and 23 motes of light. Dont really know what either buy tbh but I'd say I need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I think they have done something, normally can solo it without any bother, but finding it much tougher now even though I'm level 30 now. Will have to team up to get it done I think.

Remember that this weeks has arc damage. This means that everything with the exception of septik prime will be lethal as they all have arc weapons.

It will only take a few shots for you to die, said this, killing the devil and septik is very very easy and it can be done in a matter of minutes, but the first phase will be hell as you only need to be hit a few times to go down. Even dregs are lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Remember that this weeks has arc damage. This means that everything with the exception of septik prime will be lethal as they all have arc weapons.

It will only take a few shots for you to die, said this, killing the devil and septik is very very easy and it can be done in a matter of minutes, but the first phase will be hell as you only need to be hit a few times to go down. Even dregs are lethal

How was the Raid after with the lads last night ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I still have a check point for Atheon on hard, no messing around with the conflux required if anyone is on for it any time today. The other night was frustrating as hell :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I still have a check point for Atheon on hard, no messing around with the conflux required if anyone is on for it any time today. The other night was frustrating as hell :(

I am in mate, finally reached 30 on all my classes :)

destiny.png

I can finally call myself a man lol

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice one, I'll be happy if I manage to get one character there :o A chest piece or helmet is all I need now.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Nice one, I'll be happy if I manage to get one character there :o A chest piece or helmet is all I need now.

I'll be on at around 5.30 for an hour and half if your doing it around then?

I'll send you a XB! message

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

emmetkenny wrote: »

Didnt get past Atheon's last checkpoint

We just didnt have enough experienced folk for the relics I think

However plenty of training ;)

Toppy

I'll give you a hand if you like.

• Advertisement

How many 29s would we get away with ye reckon? emmet and bohrio are the only 30s on XB1 in the clan ain't ye?

We could get lucky with the teleports I suppose :p

How many 29s would we get away with ye reckon? emmet and bohrio are the only 30s on XB1 in the clan ain't ye?

We could get lucky with the teleports I suppose :p

The Bag as well and SAG Itchy

Yeah, found that out the hard way :( Will try with a team the next time, so at least one person can hang back to revive anybody who dies.

The Bag as well and SAG Itchy

Oh yeah I forgot Bag was 30, hadn't realised Itchy was too. Sure we'll see who's online in the evening. Will be better with a team of boardsies than like the last night :)

I found the iron banner game just crazy though. I was one shot killed nearly every time. It felt like COD. Spawn, die, spawn, die. Only thing it was missing was some kid teabagging and shouting insults at me every time.

Ill have to give it another go though as I didnt get strange coins. I need to start getting these if I'm to have a chance of buying anything from our good friend Xur. I have 13 strange coins and 23 motes of light. Dont really know what either buy tbh but I'd say I need more.

If you're level 25 or 26, you do 30% less damage to a level above you, and they do 30% more.... so facing up to some level 28s and 29s, it's likely that if you were only doing about 10-40% of you max damage, and they were doing 160%-190% damage to you. At least that's how level scaling works in PvE, there might not be ANY scaling in Iron Banner, but as a big crucible player at level 29 even I found level 30 players pretty tough and they felt like were 1 shooting me with fusions

The other thing is that players 28-30 will have MUCH better armour, giving them much higher defense and will usually have at least 1 fully upgraded legendary or exotic primary or secondary so that will pump out 300 attack. And although in most game modes we have the ole "Attack does not equal damage, impact multiplied by attack by level equals damage".... this is not the case in IB. Bungie have stated that Defense and Attack are the core stats, at level 29, my defense is 1340. 99% of the players I've come across in IB this phase are level 27+ so this might be a factor IMHO.

Strange coins can buy you a guaranteed piece of Exotic armour from Xur, give preference to helms if possible as the best of these (by best, I mean capable of getting you to level 30) are the only thing you cannot get from drops in the normal raid (they are only in the hard raid). You will also have the opportunity to buy 1 Exotic weapon a week from him, but you should ask here 1st before you by it. About 30% of Exotics are utter $hite, 40% are only about on the same level as legendaries and the other 30% are worth the purchase

Motes of light will let you purchase and armour engram from Xur, this could end up being a piece for any of the 3 classes, so 33% chance it'll be for you.
    You can also by Iron Banner buffs with them, along with a lot of stupid aesthetic class items from the Speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I'll be around

thebag89 wrote: »
    I'll be around

Sweet, so that's three 30s at least, we might get by with that along with me, johnny and toppy at 29?

Well, lets just say that we went from the oracles to the end in around 35 minutes...

We got the gatekeeper on our first attempt and atheon on the third (after a couple of glitches).

I got disconnected right at the end but they were kind enough to run it again just so I could get the rewards, and I got the ship (7th one) and 2 raid helmets for my hunter... didnt know you could get 2 helmets in one go!

So great experience, wouldn't mind doing it again with them, this is how the raid should be, all good craic, no bullies, loved it! :)

all good craic, no bullies

:confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

• Advertisement

Well, lets just say that we went from the oracles to the end in around 35 minutes...

We got the gatekeeper on our first attempt and atheon on the third (after a couple of glitches).

I got disconnected right at the end but they were kind enough to run it again just so I could get the rewards, and I got the ship (7th one) and 2 raid helmets for my hunter... didnt know you could get 2 helmets in one go!

So great experience, wouldn't mind doing it again with them, this is how the raid should be, all good craic, no bullies, loved it! :)

There a great crowd of guys. I've played CoD with them since MW3 and there's always great banter no mater what your playing.

Were they all showing off Galajhorn at the end ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement