Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada IEC 2013 Health Insurance

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annick

Faith wrote: »
    I know that there's restrictions with travelling back to Ireland with many of the insurance policies, but what about travelling to other places? Can you do that as much as you like? Let's say the USA, for example.

Did anyone figure this out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I need to go with a company that'll insure me for the 24 months so as I can activate my visa but I'm coming home when I activate it. Can anyone recommend anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I need to go with a company that'll insure me for the 24 months so as I can activate my visa but I'm coming home when I activate it. Can anyone recommend anything

90% change they won't check your insurance, they are very busy in immigration, and deal with people from 32 distinct foreign countries. Bring regular insurance documentation, and you'll probably be fine. Or buy a policy, get the document printed, then cancel the policy (Some companies have 14 day cooling off window)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

My partner and I went through last week- we had to show immigration proof of insurance, bank statements, POE- everything was checked thoroughly.

I would really recommend people stop and think about what you're risking before taking a chance that could see you getting deported and not being allowed back all for the sake of a few hundred euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

I will be going over just to activate my visa as I have a job still going for 6 months and then I will leave.
    I have seen other comments about just going over and activating.

If we book a policy and the date passess then we cant get a refund within 14 days. i saw another option of 2 different policies but this looks dodgy to me with an officer.

I dont mind paying a bit for security but to spend 300 for a policy that will be invalid as you cant come home for more than a few weeks seams a waste of money.

What I would like to know is from people who have gone through immigration. When they check your documents is it just a print out of your policy. Surly they dont have access to your policy on their computers. Can they ring the insurance company and find out? That would take too much time. The best options seems to get a policy and cancel it before you travel as you have 14 days and get the documents.

Has anyone found a company that will give a partial refund after start date as I would do that also, even 50% but cant see any.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement