Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada IEC 2013 Health Insurance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Cheers :D

Ya once i read that booklet online blue insurance and it seems better :D, so i am going for go4less to

plus cant beat paying an extra 15 euro for 2 week visit if its twice in the 2 years or 4 2 weeks visits in the 2 years :D!

hopefully hdowney will get an answer for us but its a better option to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

gary27 wrote: »
    hopefully hdowney will get an answer for us but its a better option to begin with.

Exactly ya it is :D, ah he is a very good dude so he will get back to as soon as they get back to him :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Exactly ya it is :D, ah he is a very good dude so he will get back to as soon as they get back to him :D.

Um.............. The h stands for Helen!! :eek::eek::eek::D

hdowney wrote: »
    Um.............. The h stands for Helen!! :eek::eek::eek::D

classic :D

Oh crap... sorry Helen, didnt mean to offend you at at all :( :eek: :confused::D;):p:o:rolleyes::)

you be quiet Gary :mad: haha joking :D

• Advertisement

Oh crap... sorry Helen, didnt mean to offend you at at all :( :eek: :confused::D;):p:o:rolleyes::)

you be quiet Gary :mad: haha joking :D

God no you didn't offend me :D It was funny like :D I don't mind bein one of the lads, sometimes it's hella easier :D

hdowney wrote: »
    God no you didn't offend me :D It was funny like :D I don't mind bein one of the lads, sometimes it's hella easier :D

Aw thats good to know :), haha i guess it was but you never know if its male/female with the names on here :pac:! haha really, dont confuse me now:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Your a souuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnndddddddddd DUDE :D:D:D:D:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

is there any issue with these being 'travel' insurance policies as opposed to 'health' insurance policies??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Just an update on the go4less insurance, I had e-mailed them as well about the 4 trips home - if that was per visit or total, and I also asked if I were to visit the USA (which I will a lot for friends/family etc) and I got the response;
    "The 4 trips home allowed are 14 days per trip. Anything more and the policy becomes void.
    The policy is worldwide so this only applies to trips back to your home country.
    If you have any further queries please get in touch,
    Kind regards,
    Claire"

Pretty straightforward.

• Advertisement

dmags wrote: »
    Just an update on the go4less insurance, I had e-mailed them as well about the 4 trips home - if that was per visit or total, and I also asked if I were to visit the USA (which I will a lot for friends/family etc) and I got the response;
    "The 4 trips home allowed are 14 days per trip. Anything more and the policy becomes void.
    The policy is worldwide so this only applies to trips back to your home country.
    If you have any further queries please get in touch,
    Kind regards,
    Claire"

Pretty straightforward.

sound one. i didn't get a response so glad to see someone did. and 14 days per trip so 14x4 is fantastic, for the same price as backpackers. Go4less are actually doing something right for a change. Lest I find something better I'll be going with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

multi trip insurance is so much cheaper.. For me and my girlfriend for a year on premium its like 75e !!

It doesn't seem like you can get a two year policy from them tho.. scamming bastards giving a 2 year and fleecing everyone for the sake of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

cuterob wrote: »
    multi trip insurance is so much cheaper.. For me and my girlfriend for a year on premium its like 75e !!

It doesn't seem like you can get a two year policy from them tho.. scamming bastards giving a 2 year and fleecing everyone for the sake of it!!!

I think you might be looking at the annual insurance policy on multitrip? It's only covers you for up to 60 days if you are looking at that one. Read back through this thread, there are at least 2 companies named that do two year policies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Multi trip is for travel insurance. Its health insurance you need

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Ive noticed on this thread and the other Canada one that some people are thinking about cancelling their insurance when they get there. Other people are also wondering how will the insurance company know if you travel home. Maybe I am missing something- but insurance companies think of every clause. If you are leaving the country to go to a country that requires a visa, your passport is stamped. This is all the proof they need. I doubt you can cancel your policy if they see from your passport that you have left/entered Ireland and so activated the policy. Oh and when I click on the policy document for Go4Less- the web address is Blue Insurance... I can see from another thread search that blue insurance are the underwriters for all (multrip& backpackers etc). Just to add, I would be lost without everyones help on Canada this year! Yis are only great!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

meelyb wrote: »
    Ive noticed on this thread and the other Canada one that some people are thinking about cancelling their insurance when they get there. Other people are also wondering how will the insurance company know if you travel home. Maybe I am missing something- but insurance companies think of every clause. If you are leaving the country to go to a country that requires a visa, your passport is stamped. This is all the proof they need. I doubt you can cancel your policy if they see from your passport that you have left/entered Ireland and so activated the policy. Oh and when I click on the policy document for Go4Less- the web address is Blue Insurance... I can see from another thread search that blue insurance are the underwriters for all (multrip& backpackers etc). Just to add, I would be lost without everyones help on Canada this year! Yis are only great!

These travel insurance companies usually give you a "cooling off" period of a few days, where in you can cancel the policy and not have to pay. I believe some people we planning to get the insurance a couple of days before they leave - just to show it when they enter Canada and get their 2-year permit. Then once they're in Canada, cancel it before the cooling off period expires.

Of course, this might get you in, but still doesn't address the need to actually get proper insurance for the two years at a reasonable price. In regards to the issue of time allowed to come home - I can definitley see them checking asking for your passport - which means they will see your tavel dates - your insurance becomes void - and you end up having to pay some crazy expensive canadian medical bills. (Hopefully we'll all stay fit and healthy :))

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

ah I see thanks RipCord. Go 4 less for me I think. Was at the RDS Expo and asked VHI for info. was quoted about 1100 a year for me, and about 1300 for my boyfriend (im 29 but he is 30). I do agree though that having insurance is a ctually a benefit to us- thought the 2year period is a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Right guys. I'm having a bit of a problem with this.

I live in Scotland, but have an Irish passport. Worried I can't use the Go4Less insurance because of this, and nowhere over here seems to have 2 year insurance.

Help?!

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Right guys. I'm having a bit of a problem with this.

I live in Scotland, but have an Irish passport. Worried I can't use the Go4Less insurance because of this, and nowhere over here seems to have 2 year insurance.

Help?!

try this
    http://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/travelinsurance/?ac=501246

It says it will do 2 years, but won't give me for the full two years when I try to put my dates in?

• Advertisement

It says it will do 2 years, but won't give me for the full two years when I try to put my dates in?

say if you put in 15th march 2013 as start then 14th March 2015, it should work

say if you put in 15th march 2013 as start then 14th March 2015, it should work
    yep... It does... but I'm not going until May!

How many times can I go home on that one, I can't see it on the small print?

yep... It does... but I'm not going until May!

How many times can I go home on that one, I can't see it on the small print?

I can't see it either, try the live chat button in the site to see what they say.

I can't see it either, try the live chat button in the site to see what they say.

I just called them.... only once! eek

I just called them.... only once! eek

is it once over the entire 2 year and how long visit?

is it once over the entire 2 year and how long visit?

Just called and spoke to someone at STA travel. Backpackers insurance only allows you one trip home, and anything after that invalidates the insurance!

Just called and spoke to someone at STA travel. Backpackers insurance only allows you one trip home, and anything after that invalidates the insurance!

Thats the only insurance company that i could find in the uk which does two year cover. how about going onto british expat forum to see what they are using?
    no way you can use go4less?

Thats the only insurance company that i could find in the uk which does two year cover. how about going onto british expat forum to see what they are using?
    no way you can use go4less?

go4less specifically say home as being Ireland.

I can't use the British forum, as their visas are only for a year, so nobody else needs 2 year cover.

Arrrggggh!

go4less specifically say home as being Ireland.

I can't use the British forum, as their visas are only for a year, so nobody else needs 2 year cover.

Arrrggggh!

you might have to go with them but I will have another look for other insurance companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

ripcord wrote: »
    These travel insurance companies usually give you a "cooling off" period of a few days, where in you can cancel the policy and not have to pay. I believe some people we planning to get the insurance a couple of days before they leave - just to show it when they enter Canada and get their 2-year permit. Then once they're in Canada, cancel it before the cooling off period expires.

Of course, this might get you in, but still doesn't address the need to actually get proper insurance for the two years at a reasonable price. In regards to the issue of time allowed to come home - I can definitley see them checking asking for your passport - which means they will see your tavel dates - your insurance becomes void - and you end up having to pay some crazy expensive canadian medical bills. (Hopefully we'll all stay fit and healthy :))

Once you get here you can apply for a local health card. Your employer will make you pay into a health insurance scheme anyway, so you'll be covered locally healthwise. You don't pay to go to the doctor and most prescriptions are covered, same with blood tests, even massage is covered on your health insurance, so it's not like America, you won't be asked for $200,000 for a cast for a broken wrist, so, calm down!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement