Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Just out of curiosity, how much were people expecting it to be?

Not more than a 16gb iPhone 5, 16gb Xperia Z and a 32gb htc One. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

mad muffin wrote: »

+1 on that.

It would be interesting to see the subsidised prices from meteor/other networks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mad muffin wrote: »

246892.JPG

Sony and HTC are trying to start a price war. There was a couple of high end HTC phones that didnt have the 600 euro price tag that they were supposed to have.

Sony for the past two or three flagships have been trying to do exactly the same.

Dont forget Galaxy S line is a direct competitor to iPhone so its price is always going to follow, even though S4 specs are a mile ahead of the IP5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

the iphone 5 was almost obsolete when it was released, the iPhone 6, given how much the SG4 costs probably will cost 1,000euro.

its a war lads.

looks like a HTC 1 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I was thinking of jumping ship from One X to the S4 but at €600+ sim free for the 16GB, it's starting to get a bit too expensive. That and my reservations about Touchwiz and Samsung's love of cheap, flimsy plastic mean i'll probably be going for the HTC ONE unless Meteor or EMobile have it reasonably priced on contract.

Which isn't all that likely considering how Samsung's phones seem to be reaching Apple when it comes to pricing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

how much was the s3? This isnt surprising :confused:

how much was the s3? This isnt surprising :confused:

€569 on Three. €599 on Voadafone, Meteor and 02

leemaree wrote: »

good luck with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

http://whois.domaintools.com/telebazarwholesale.com

68 other domains ?

Looks legit :pac:

• Advertisement

i got ripped off by simply electronics before., took me a while to get my cash back.

the golden rule of thumb, if you want new tech there is no such as thing as getting it on the cheap, if its too cheap its too good to be true.

I wont pay over 600 stg for a sg4, especially for a 16gb one. not a chance.

It's available for €642 from http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00BTCE734/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=ce-de

don't know whether it's sim-free oe not

It's available for €642 from http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00BTCE734/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=ce-de

don't know whether it's sim-free oe not

€650 from Amazon.de themselves. Probably a safer bet than a 3rd party seller

Its say the cost of it is going come down quick once it actually launches. If they have made enough units and the demand evens out quick, online retailers will drop the price quick.

Its say the cost of it is going come down quick once it actually launches. If they have made enough units and the demand evens out quick, online retailers will drop the price quick.

Where did u hear this? Link?

lol, you really shouldnt be allowed to internet shop. Id recommend you read a guide on internet scams. SERIOUSLY

Where did u hear this? Link?

History :) every product is like that, high demand = high price, demand lowers and so does the price.

Lumia's are the best example. They were hard to come by in the start, some online retailers started charging a premium to actually buying one for those who were interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

From €219 on Bill Pay and €639 on PAYG.....might be a bit pricy for me considering the price of the other flagship devices. Good to hear it's all stream ahead for launch though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Issac wrote: »
    From €219 on Bill Pay and €639 on PAYG.....might be a bit pricy for me considering the price of the other flagship devices. Good to hear it's all stream ahead for launch though!

Are there ever going to be articles involving android phones that will not mention the iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

thomasj wrote: »
    Are there ever going to be articles involving android phones that will not mention the iPhone?

It is annoying alright but I guess that's what sets the bar in most peoples eyes (even if that is a total misconception :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

The galaxy s3 is a better phone than the iPhone 5 not to mention the s4.
    The only area that the iPhone wins these Days is in marketing.

The galaxy s3 is a better phone than the iPhone not to mention the s4.
    The only area that the iPhone wins these Days is in marketing.

Samsungs marketing spend far out weighs that of Apples. Apples was around the $1Billion mark, Samsungs was around the $12Billion mark for 2012.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Samsungs marketing spend far out weighs that of Apples. Apples was around the $1Billion mark, Samsungs was around the $12Billion mark for 2012.

Yes but over the years apples marketing has been much more effective.
    Not all about money and advertising.
    For starters, Calling the phone the iPhone was genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Issac wrote: »
    That sounds expensive alright. "From" always means the most expensive billpay too which most normal people aren't on, and probably a 2 year contract. I got my GS2 for €100, but it was out a while. Not a hope I'll pay €300 quid for one
    €300 is a number I pulled from my arse btw

The HTC One with meteor 18 month contract is:

€200 @€;25pm 200txts/200mins 1gb Free Meteor Calls & Texts
    €100 @€;40pm 400txts/400mins 2gb Free Meteor Calls & Texts

Thats a fairly attractive deal to be honest. Considering the closeness of specs with the phones the Galaxy S4 wouldnt want to be too much more than this. Id hope that on meteor it will be €279 on the €25pm contract.

EDIT - Just realised the Galaxy Note 2 is €300 on the €25pm plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hogzy wrote: »
    The HTC One with meteor 18 month contract is:

€200 @€;25pm 200txts/200mins 1gb Free Meteor Calls & Texts
    €100 @€;40pm 400txts/400mins 2gb Free Meteor Calls & Texts

Thats a fairly attractive deal to be honest. Considering the closeness of specs with the phones the Galaxy S4 wouldnt want to be too much more than this. Id hope that on meteor it will be €279 on the €25pm contract.

EDIT - Just realised the Galaxy Note 2 is €300 on the €25pm plan.
    For some reason, Meteor's pricing for the Galaxy S3 (And therefore probably the S4) is along the lines of the iPhone. Tariffs start at €49pm.

For some reason, Meteor's pricing for the Galaxy S3 (And therefore probably the S4) is along the lines of the iPhone. Tariffs start at €49pm.

I've a 35 euro tariff with meteor for the s3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yes but over the years apples marketing has been much more effective.
    Not all about money and advertising.
    For starters, Calling the phone the iPhone was genius.

Why was it genius?Was it not obivious ipod itunes it was always going to be iphone.

Advertisement