Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Kenno, let us know how it is.!
    I'm buying a phone the bank holiday weekend and it's the htc one so far, still not fully decided though.

To be honest, i'm still thinking about the HTC One, but i haven't heard great things about the build quality (NOT Build Materials) Also after a few months i'd reckon the battery life will start to suffer.

I've held both in my hands and believe it or not thought the S4 was more comfortable. Plus i hated the way the buttons were too flush on the HTC One, and the power button on the top was annoying.

I'll let you guys know if/when i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Carphonewarehouse UK have their prices up.....as always in Ireland we are last to know.

For anybody thats interested in the UK prices, here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

looks like i will get another 24 month contract if the english prices are anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Mc Love wrote: »
    looks like i will get another 24 month contract if the english prices are anything to go by

Jeez I find the 12 month contracts long enough, I generally get bored of a phone after 4 months.

Having said that phones are starting to plateau, once I get my 2 gig ram I might be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Carphonewarehouse UK have their prices up.....as always in Ireland we are last to know.

For anybody thats interested in the UK prices, here it is

I disagree as 02.ie have the price up. They had there price up since the 3rd this month

• Advertisement

Headwrecking waiting for the price plans. If its much more than the HTC One I'l be going with the HTC

Headwrecking waiting for the price plans. If its much more than the HTC One I'l be going with the HTC

AFAIK the bill pay prices should be similar if not the same, but if it is alot more expensive i'll also be going with the HTC One

Also has anyone heard of the S4 getting extra dropbox storage. People with an S3 got it, also HTC One have it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Also has anyone heard of the S4 getting extra dropbox storage. People with an S3 got it, also HTC One have it

If you received it with a Samsung or HTC flagship last year the free storage doesn't stack up but gets extended by another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The guy mentions it in this video.

Just looking on 02.ie and the white is more expensive than the black. :rolleyes:

Think I'm going with the S4 over the One. My Sensation was enough to put me off HTC phones/

• Advertisement

My last HTC One was the Desire, Nice Phone had no problems with it , but after a while it started to show its age.

I had a few friends with the Desire HD and the thing was a mess, never worked well for them.

I like samsung phones though, My Galaxy Nexus is all plastic and i never once said , i wish it was all an metal design. Plus the battery got really bad about 6 months ago so i bought a new one for about 20 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm eligible for a top level upgrade (free) with three right now.

The lady I spoke to on the phone didn't know when they'd receive the sgs4 though.

Anyone here know anything ref three getting these (rough time frame)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Anyone hear anything about pricing aside from O2 (Who are ridiculously overpriced)?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

SamHall wrote: »
    I'm eligible for a top level upgrade (free) with three right now.

The lady I spoke to on the phone didn't know when they'd receive the sgs4 though.

Anyone here know anything ref three getting these (rough time frame)?

I was told this Friday a couple of weeks ago but think it has changed to Saturday.

I was told this Friday a couple of weeks ago but think it has changed to Saturday.

Whatever the date is , they'll be out before the end of the month anyways.... Well fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone hear anything about pricing aside from O2 (Who are ridiculously overpriced)?

Depends on how much you pay per month, and contract length.

But, it's about €220 on a 24 month from what I've seen myself.

Yes, it is more expensive than the One, but that's largely down to the S4 choosing more itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Depends on how much you pay per month, and contract length.

But, it's about €220 on a 24 month from what I've seen myself.

Yes, it is more expensive than the One, but that's largely down to the S4 choosing more itself.

€220!? I hope not :(
    My iPhone 4 was free with 24 month €45/month contract with meteor.
    I see they now charge €99 for iPhone 5 on same contract. Hope new S4 is not much more than that.
    If we were in UK we would get free S4 with cheaper better monthly plan :(

€220!? I hope not :(
    My iPhone 4 was free with 24 month €45/month contract with meteor.
    I see they now charge €99 for iPhone 5 on same contract. Hope new S4 is not much more than that.
    If we were in UK we would get free S4 with cheaper better monthly plan :(

Which networks are you guys talking about, i want a 12 month contract but i'm not paying more than 200 upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

I recently sold my iPhone 5 so i got €550 to put towards buying the Galaxy S4 on Pre Pay. Does anyone know if it will be available straight away on pre pay as i have a feeling it will only be available first to bill payers. I'm with three mobile.

By the way you would think this close to release date that the websites would have more information on prices etc...

Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Mark26 wrote: »
    I recently sold my iPhone 5 so i got €550 to put towards buying the Galaxy S4 on Pre Pay. Does anyone know if it will be available straight away on pre pay as i have a feeling it will only be available first to bill payers. I'm with three mobile.

By the way you would think this close to release date that the websites would have more information on prices etc...

Mark
    Its absolutely ridiculous Mark. Three days from launch and its the most secretive release yet. Three have no pricing, emobile have no pricing and meteor have no pricing. I really want to get away from Three buts its all gonna come down to handset price on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Say you are due an upgrade on meteor can you get the exact same upgrade at a carphone warehouse that you would at a meteor shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kickslate

Whats the real difference between s3 & s4?

kickslate wrote: »
    Whats the real difference between s3 & s4?

Your question couldn't be more vague. Do you want to know something in particular ??

Check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

These are the prices for the S4 ;

We are the ones with the Samsung GS4 available on all networks so we offer the best deals! You asked how much?
    - Vodafone: Pay monthly from free; Prepay €599
    - Meteor: Pay monthly from €129; Prepay €659
    - Three: Pay monthly from free; Prepay €629
    - EMobile: Pay monthly from €99; Prepay €659
    - O2: we will update you as soon this info is confirmed!
    And if you fancy a trade-in GSII owners, get €150 off and GSIII owners get €250 off the phone of the year! http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/Trade-Ins/603?2

leemaree wrote: »
    These are the prices for the S4 ;

We are the ones with the Samsung GS4 available on all networks so we offer the best deals! You asked how much?
    - Vodafone: Pay monthly from free; Prepay €599
    - Meteor: Pay monthly from €129; Prepay €659
    - Three: Pay monthly from free; Prepay €629
    - EMobile: Pay monthly from €99; Prepay €659
    - O2: we will update you as soon this info is confirmed!
    And if you fancy a trade-in GSII owners, get €150 off and GSIII owners get €250 off the phone of the year! http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/Trade-Ins/603?2

You can get the HTC One for free in meteor (With the 50€ a month plan) So this is looking a bit more expensive. Unless i'm mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Carphone warehouse don't usually deal much with meteor products, they are biased towards Vodafone. Much better going direct to meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Carphone warehouse don't usually deal much with meteor products, they are biased towards Vodafone. Much better going direct to meteor.

I'm due an upgrade with Vodafone.
    Am I better off going to CPWH or directly to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Which networks are you guys talking about, i want a 12 month contract but i'm not paying more than 200 upfront.

Not going to happen on a 12 month contract unless you're trading in an old phone maybe. And then it would have to be a very good and new phone, like an s3.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cosle

Just got the pre order email from meteor, s4 is in stores saturday but if you pre registered your interest you can buy it online from tomorrow at 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm waiting until Mid-late may for the hype, madness and initial build problems to die down. (That and I want to see EMobile's pricing too, i'd imagine it'll be €20 cheaper across the board for the phone itself)

Advertisement