Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The loot screen does look bigger thankfully, no more squinting, the writing is not jaggy anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I've most trophies done now, saving the worst till last. Hard mode and all gwan related trophies....ugh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Keno wrote: »
    Argos is the cheapest for a shop. I got it for €62. I think it's €65 in Smyths and €75 in Gamestop.

It's currently €60 on Amazon.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllll :pac:

FFS. :rolleyes:
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    Bloody well what? I paid €30 for my copy on Kinguin. €60 I can deal with, but €75 is just outrageous.

I'm one of the idiots.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm one of the idiots.... :pac:

You're feeding the monster!

You're feeding the monster!

I know... But it's the result of living in Wicklow... Got to travel to arklow or Dublin for an Argos or somewhere other than Xtravision/HMV ... It would cost me the money I save in petrol without even taking into account the time.

• Advertisement

I know... But it's the result of living in Wicklow... Got to travel to arklow or Dublin for an Argos or somewhere other than Xtravision/HMV ... It would cost me the money I save in petrol without even taking into account the time.

Pre-order online w/ delivery if you want physical games. Or go digital, it's the best way :D

(especially with XB1 game sharing, half price oh yeshhh! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Has anyone checked their play time so far?

Mine is glitched. It says I've played 4 days and 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

@MiskyBoyy Aye, game sharing is pretty decent now on consoles and steam from the looks of it. I only own about 100 steam games but have access to a little over 500 thanks to game sharing with 2 people. The trade-off is that only one person can access each library at one time and the owner always has priority... which really isn't that big of a deal since we all play at different times anyway.

That said, I own the GOG version of TW3 so I won't be sharing it like that since the person would need access to your account every time they want something rather than just once to authorise... plus sharing DRM free games is basically just pirating. But with the price I got a GOG key for compared to what most of the console players in here got it for I could've bought it twice over for me and a friend. Interesting times...

I'm starting to get a little more confident in my dodging ability. I really have to trust myself that I can time it exactly right instead of trying to buffer it which just makes them hit you from their tracking attacks. I'm playing at close to 60fps so I should trust in the responsiveness and not have to buffer.

Trying to level a bit more before doing more story so off to side-quests I go!

@Keno

The GOG Galaxy client says I've played 23h. Seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

@Keno

The GOG Galaxy client says I've played 23h. Seems about right.

That seems a lot more reasonable. There is not a fecking hope I've played close to 100 hours of this game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just spoke to Johnny who took me to Gran then I went to the village to hand over the dagger. That Werewolf at the bottom of the tree is a total cocksucker lol Is it him killing the villagers??? Or what is under the tree?

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just spoke to Johnny who took me to Gran then I went to the village to hand over the dagger. That Werewolf at the bottom of the tree is a total cocksucker lol Is it him killing the villagers??? Or what is under the tree?
    A big fat blob of a yolk, not a werewolf
    :D

A big fat blob of a yolk, not a werewolf
    :D
    did you kill it or set it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I won my first game of gwent tonight....and i want more of it. Great little game. Iv been flicking through some of the pages here and have noticed people saying they want to beat the baron to get a special card from him. Iv only just met him so what im wondering is,without spoilers, should i try beat him now or can i come back later.

did you kill it or set it free?
    I killed it after doing my research. It's a pretty big choice either way. I'm happy with the choice I made tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

mewso wrote: »
    Gonna have to start cataloguing the pop culture references in this game you hear as you wander around. In the Baron's place one guy says "Bring out the gimp" for example and as I passed through a small village I heard a guy saying "War, war never changes" followed by his wife "You never change you lazy git sitting there all day long doing nothing" or along those lines.

The dandelion quest "broken flowers" can't beat a good bill murray reference, also
    that one of his lovers took to dressing him up calling him Christian and herself Anastasia :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I won my first game of gwent tonight....and i want more of it. Great little game. Iv been flicking through some of the pages here and have noticed people saying they want to beat the baron to get a special card from him. Iv only just met him so what im wondering is,without spoilers, should i try beat him now or can i come back later.

I've no idea but when I got the option I just went and beat him.

To be fair whenever I see the option for gwent I play it even if I'm in a burning house :p

Speaking of Gwent I beat the Velen gwent quest and picked up 4 unique cards along the way. Finally building up a nice deck now. Still only able to use the 1 set of cards but the others are building up.

Also finished off the Baron's quest.

I've never been a huge RPG fan but right now.. this is definitely up there as one of the best I've played. Persona 4 is the only obvious one that I might prefer over it. (Excluding Bloodborne/Dark Souls as I don't think they are RPGs)

@MiskyBoyy Aye, game sharing is pretty decent now on consoles and steam from the looks of it. I only own about 100 steam games but have access to a little over 500 thanks to game sharing with 2 people. The trade-off is that only one person can access each library at one time and the owner always has priority... which really isn't that big of a deal since we all play at different times anyway.

Aye, I'm aware of the steam restrictions. Thankfully, they don't exist on XB1. Both myself and my game sharing buddy can both play the same game at the same time. Pretty much games half price for both of us :cool:

Just reminding people the patch is out now on PS4 because honestly I find myself playing it in 3 hour blasts in the evenings :)
    Any tips on Werewolves???
    I'm level 7 now & not long after
    ploughing Keira :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any tips on Werewolves???
    I'm level 7 now : [/spoiler]

Run away......seriously run away.
    Come back another day with better **** and level 10 or so,
    if its the one under the house
    he regens health.

ploughing Keira
    :cool:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS6wWvqT8ilQUXcHTx_Ht2h2P1SEx4QhBNx005z0qEMSNdDeKy

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Run away......seriously run away.
    Come back another day with better **** and level 10 or so,
    if its the one under the house
    he regens health.
    Yeah I was trying to think of the potion Ciri made, wolfsbane and something.....
    I'll see that fücker when I sleep tonight.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loving this so far, have just left White Orchard on the main quest.

Before leaving, I tried to venture out beyond a certain point and was told to turn back. Is White Orchard and the surrounding countryside a tutorial area that you must stick to while there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are monsters in Monster Dens supposed to respawn if you reload? Trying to clear one out of Wraiths earlier, and after killing 4 or 5 of time, i died. Reload the game, and they all respawn and surround me. No possible way to survive it. Really annoying.

Aye, I'm aware of the steam restrictions. Thankfully, they don't exist on XB1. Both myself and my game sharing buddy can both play the same game at the same time. Pretty much games half price for both of us :cool:

Yep, but as I said, at PC prices you could buy 2 copies of the games anyway for the cost of 1 XBO copy:pac:. So far I've only ever tried to play at the same time as my friends about 3 times. At that point, I just play any 1 of the 100+ games I own myself or some non-steam games (of which I play much more than steam games ironically).

Any of the games I get to play on steam... if I really really like them I add them to my isthereanydeal.com wishlist and wait for 75%+ sale. Even if I'm done playing it I'll usually end up buying it just for personal collection and support. So far I've bought Killer Is Dead, Skullgirls and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae when on sale just to support the games financially in hopes to see more like that even though I could play them at pretty much any time for free.

The game list keeps growing because one of the people I'm sharing with is an obsessive buyer who will buy damn near anything as long as its on sale so he's always picking up bundles of games and never playing them. Works out well for me :D

Sometimes we do put our money together to buy 2-4 packs for certain titles that do that just because the bundles are cheaper than buying individually. I really want tabletop simulator. I haven't even tried Gwent yet but you're all making me afraid of it seeing how addicting it seems to be. I think I'll avoid it for a time longer. I still have no idea how it works despite playing the first game in the tavern (yeah I lost).

Yep, but as I said, at PC prices you could buy 2 copies of the games anyway for the cost of 1 XBO copy:pac:.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Purchasing from foreign markets on XB1 works out up to half the price of the Irish store combined with going halfs with a friend :D Anyways, enough of that. Going off topic! :o

That Tabletop simulator, can be got for €10.99 here which works out about the same as buying a 4 pack from steam.

Has anyone tried gwent on it yet? Should be interesting :)

J. Marston wrote: »
    Loving this so far, have just left White Orchard on the main quest.

Before leaving, I tried to venture out beyond a certain point and was told to turn back. Is White Orchard and the surrounding countryside a tutorial area that you must stick to while there?

Yeah White Orchard is small compared to the other places but in all the maps, you can only venture so far before it says you've reached the end of the World and to turn back. Continuing anyway will have you spawn back further in land.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Putting many hours into this 21 hours and 3 minutes so far and I have barely scraped the surface

no seriously

anyone who's gotten to a fairly early part in the game know it gives you two seperate quest lines to follow in valen

I've not finished either, I've gone a fair bit down both of them, but then I get sidetracked and go do some side quests, contracts

and thats after 21 hours

I just like the world, its a rare game that I'll not use the fast travel much, I like riding and the world is diverse and feels real enough that it rarely gets boring

also random quests on the side of the road are rarely dull

What I've found with combat is you should avoid using the lock on system unless you are trying to kill a specific monster/human (such as a water hag or archer) otherwise with mobs it messes up your attacks and causes you to leap all over the place like loon.

with mobs (especially with monsters like drowners) leaving it off and taking them on as a group when they mob at you is much more effective and you do a lot less prancing around and actually hit multiple in front of you both with weapons and magic.

the combat feels messy and it is, but after 20 hours I feel like I see its nuances, its still not good but it works and once you know it you can do well with it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Purchasing from foreign markets on XB1 works out up to half the price of the Irish store combined with going halfs with a friend :D Anyways, enough of that. Going off topic! :o

That Tabletop simulator, can be got for €10.99 here which works out about the same as buying a 4 pack from steam.

Has anyone tried gwent on it yet? Should be interesting :)

Thanks for the link but I actually want the 4-pack so I can gift at least one copy to a friend. Will bookmark it though if I change my mind.

And if I get into Gwent in TW3 I guess I can play it on tabletop simulator, too :pac:
    Purchasing from foreign markets on XB1

Good on ya for finding ways to ride the system. Although I cannot justify getting an XBO (or PS4) because in the long run they're actually more expensive for me, I did the math. I need my options, too. TW3 is 30fps on XB1... that is just something I cannot stand. I need responsive controls... it's like the most important thing for most video games (doesn't matter with turn-based or super slow games).

Goddam Goose is going to complete all the quests before me! :D

a9ecRJQ.gif

Source

• Advertisement

Holy ****. I did not know holding the Start/Menu button brings you straight to the Map. So much handier! and pressing start once more brings you straight back into the game insteading of backing out a couple of times.

Also, ps4 users: "you can slide your finger up on the touchpad to open the map. If you press and hold the touchpad you go straight to inventory, too."

Advertisement