Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Help me with Runes here guys. For some reason the runes I had in all of my armor and weapons vanished. I did not sell the weapon/armor, remove the runes or disassemble the items. The runes are gone. So I had to replace them all with other ones I had in my inventory. This also happened my brother so it is not just me.

Is there a time limit on runes? Why were they removed and why are they completely gone from my inventory?

Happen anyone else, have I found a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hahaha class stuff! Saw this on Kotaku

odzksnlrtr9wx5end9g7.png

Adding text as it's a bit small

The Defensive Regulatory Magicon (or DRM for short) belongs to the above-mentioned group of the longest-lasting, most effective and hardest to break defensive mechanisms. In order to recognize the individual administering it, it makes use of a portal mounted at the entrance of the area it is to defend. This portal passes streams of magical energy through the body of the person entering and can, in the blink of an eye, determine if this person has the corporeal signature (eyeball structure included) of the entitled administrator. As a result, the only unauthorized individuals that can possibly hope to enter are mimics.

DRM thus makes for an extremely effective and near-unbreakable security measure - but you are in luck, for you hold in your hands the key to bypassing it, namely the present tome, Gottfried’s Omni-opening Grimore, or GOG for short. In the pages to follow you will find innumerable methods for deactivating DRM, or, even better, bypassing it altogether (…)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Location of all Places of Power, Gwent Players and Gwent Card Traders. Super handy for finding them obscure gwent players.

http://imgur.com/a/Lk5aP?#0

EDIT: Just reading up it doesn't show all player/traders..damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tok9 wrote: »
    A decision I made a long time ago has really come into effect now. Feel quite bad about the whole thing :(

Something to do with the entire
    Crookback Bog
    quest.
    Was that when you destroyed the blobby creature under the tree who said the witches were taking the kids....out of laziness I chose to kill him rather than reason with him. I'm looking forward to going back to the bog after discovering Gran is the Blood Baron's wife but first I have to kill this werewolf again this time in the Wild at Heart sidequest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ERG89 wrote: »
    Was that when you destroyed the blobby creature under the tree who said the witches were taking the kids....out of laziness I chose to kill him rather than reason with him. I'm looking forward to going back to the bog after discovering Gran is the Blood Baron's wife but first I have to kill this werewolf again this time in the Wild at Heart sidequest
    Ya that's it... except I let his spirit free so he'd save the kids.

Just had to pull myself away from the game there. I did a load of stuff tonight. Completed all quests that were close to my level, checked out a load of ? and all of the White Orchard ?s. Just finished the night by beating Stefjan in gwent and got the Yennifer card. :)

Also got myself a saddlebag from the races which I must say I'm delighted to have now.

Probably won't get much time (if any) tomorrow so glad to have done a load tonight.

• Advertisement

Tried the High Stakes Gwent tournament last night just to see what it's like. You need a strong deck (not sure how strong, they guy said mine was strong enough) and 1000 crowns (I think crowns anyway, still not sure about all the currency).

Loooks like you have to play 4 people then the host of the tourney and you have to win them all in a row. I lost the first match and was automatically out. He played 5 Hero cards in the 1st round. Loaded up a previous save, won't try again until I have a better deck.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not started the game yet......why is everyone talking about a card game? :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not started the game yet......why is everyone talking about a card game? :P

It is a hell of alot of fun :) In truth, a game in itself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

logik wrote: »
    It is a hell of alot of fun :) In truth, a game in itself.

Is it a magic the gathering/hearthstone type thing?

I never played those so not sure. All I know is I went into a Brothel in Novigrad and ended up playing Gwent for half an hour :pac: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy or download this for ps4? American psn store etc is a possibility. I see Argos have it for €62 but out of stock everywhere. Hoping to get it today or tomorrow for the long weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I never played those so not sure. All I know is I went into a Brothel in Novigrad and ended up playing Gwent for half an hour :pac: :(

I went into the same place I think, the lady of the house was telling all about the pleasures on offer there, which sounded delightful...

There were options then to get the girls to line up or just get stuck right in.

"Sorry, I'm just here to play cards!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

In a nutshell

2df526f72ed4a8bc04c4ae5f29c87ff9.png

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I went into the same place I think, the lady of the house was telling all about the pleasures on other there, which sounded delightful...

There were options then to get the girls to line up or just get stuck right in.

"Sorry, I'm just here to play cards!"

That gave me a good laugh, but it is true, you cant help sink hours into this very addictive side game. It's classic.

For anyone getting crashes on PS4, a fix will be in the next patch but temp fix below from one of the devs.
    PSA for PS4 users: If you encounter CE-34878-o error, please complete the Contract: The Mystery of the Byways Murders from your quest log.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

basically, yes!

I definitely see either CDPR releasing it as a standalone or some full mods coming out ala Tabletop Simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Two things i learned today

• swipe up on the touch pad for direct access to the map
    • press jump as you land to do a roll and avoid fall damage
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

macpac26 wrote: »
    Two things i learned today

• swipe up on the touch pad for direct access to the map
    • press jump as you land to do a roll and avoid fall damage
    :eek:

And hold down on the touchpad to take you directly to the inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hello all,

I am currently moving into a new apartment and the broadband will be some time getting set up (It's Vodafone, after all!) so was wondering would this be a good buy NOW simply because it does not have an online element? Only playing NBA2K15 and BF: Hardline at the moment, so they are both off the table.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bought it from PSN last night, Smyths were sold out and Argos had no copies. :o

Only got about 30mins in as the d/l didnt complete until about 11pm. Cant wait to get stuck into it this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they are currently releasing patches thick and fast so you won't be able to get them or the DLC that they are slowly rolling out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is like hearthstone, but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Corvo wrote:
    I am currently moving into a new apartment and the broadband will be some time getting set up (It's Vodafone, after all!) so was wondering would this be a good buy NOW simply because it does not have an online element? Only playing NBA2K15 and BF: Hardline at the moment, so they are both off the table.

Corvo wrote:
    Hello all,

Corvo wrote:
    Cheers

If it was me. This would be the absolute perfect game to play with internet downtime. Vodafone can take up to 6 weeks to get up and going from my experience. So I'd use a WiFi hotspot for the moment if it were me. Multiplayer gaming doesn't use much data at all. Updates are the big eater. But to answer your question. Yes, Witcher 3 would be ideal for your situation :D

Agree, it's actually a relief that this SINGLE PLAYER game isn't signing into online servers every 2 minutes to tell them what you're up to in-game.

Noticed that in Blackbough one of the traders in the middle of the town is gone but the little bag icon is still on the map as if he is there but I cant see him. Anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Going to buy this tomorrow. Should i just say goodbye to my girlfriend and life in general now? Are people getting sucked into this?

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Going to buy this tomorrow. Should i just say goodbye to my girlfriend and life in general now? Are people getting sucked into this?

It is easy to get sucked into it alright, but like any big game, take your time. It really is massive so my advice would be to take it easy and enjoy the GOTY, it does not have to be a life zapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

DeclanRe wrote: »
    send over the girlfriend ill give her something to play with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If it was me. This would be the absolute perfect game to play with internet downtime. Vodafone can take up to 6 weeks to get up and going from my experience. So I'd use a WiFi hotspot for the moment if it were me. Multiplayer gaming doesn't use much data at all. Updates are the big eater. But to answer your question. Yes, Witcher 3 would be ideal for your situation :D

Cheers Misky. Sold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

naughto wrote: »
    send over the girlfriend ill give her something to play with

Haha - No you're alright man. The ladies of the Northern Kingdoms will have to keep you entertained

Advertisement