Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Holy ****. I did not know holding the Start/Menu button brings you straight to the Map. So much handier! and pressing start once more brings you straight back into the game insteading of backing out a couple of times.

Also, ps4 users: "you can slide your finger up on the touchpad to open the map. If you press and hold the touchpad you go straight to inventory, too."

Legend thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I want an android app that will allow me to play Gwent.
    Bonus points if I could play decks based on Game of thrones factions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Holy ****. I did not know holding the Start/Menu button brings you straight to the Map. So much handier! and pressing start once more brings you straight back into the game insteading of backing out a couple of times.

Also, ps4 users: "you can slide your finger up on the touchpad to open the map. If you press and hold the touchpad you go straight to inventory, too."

If I can only stop using the controls from Dragons Age to scan loot and quick access map.

List to a couple of other similar tips here. Haven't tried them yet on Xbox. Quick change of spell whilst blocking could be useful.
    http://www.gamepur.com/guide/18884-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ps4-pro-tip-hold-sensor-bar-open-inventory-swip-open.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Botchling... christ!

Did anyone manage to
    Save the botchling and turn it into a lubberkin? I ran off and it turned into a "I don't know what" I had to kill it but the Baron went bananas at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

logik wrote: »
    Botchling... christ!

Did anyone manage to
    Save the botchling and turn it into a lubberkin? I ran off and it turned into a "I don't know what" I had to kill it but the Baron went bananas at me.

Yeh I did.
    It's like a foetus ghost.
    Very weird. :P

I have to say, this game is amazing when it doesnt crash. I had a massive session there without a single one and really enjoyed it. The sidequests in this are amazing. Killing bandits, tracking down werewolves, really good stuff.

Took a contract in Velen to kill the shrieker and it was similar to the griffin fight. Guzzled potions for the fight. Cat potion because it was at night, swallow for health regen and thunder for increased attack damage. Took him down. Have to say, the crossbow is more useful than I originally thought. If you can get some damage over time bolts for it, it's lethal.

Also a tip for drowners. It might seem counter intuitive but fight them underwater. You can one shot them with a regular crossbow shot while swimming. :P I'm not sure thats intended.

• Advertisement

Yeah I found out by accident when fighting the Drowners that if you make a run for water when things get hairy, they leave you alone. Gives you time to catch your breath and go at them again.

Reading there this morning that the reason the XBONE patch has not been released alongside the PS4 one is because there are a number of extra changes with the XBONE patch around framerate and resolution. The upcoming patch for XBONE will lock the framerate to 30fps much like the PS4 currently has.

Certification will take a little longer on the XBONE due to these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I want an android app that will allow me to play Gwent.

Ya I'd love to be able to play it around and then upload my cards to the game!

I haven't played Heartstone but this game is tempting me towards that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Such an epic game. One thing which I imagine everyone but me knew about is to make sure you explore all of White Orchard. I was going through the main quest and ended up in Velen. But yesterday decided to go back to White Orchard and clear up all those undiscovered locations (question marks). There are loads of place of power, meaning loads of ability points to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Reading there this morning that the reason the XBONE patch has not been released alongside the PS4 one is because there are a number of extra changes with the XBONE patch around framerate and resolution. The upcoming patch for XBONE will lock the framerate to 30fps much like the PS4 currently has.

Certification will take a little longer on the XBONE due to these changes.

That and the fact mircosoft charge devs ridiculous amounts to even release patches, hence why indie devs give a wide birth.

Patch seems to have helped alot on ps4, not as much stuttering when galloping around, and city play is smoother.

Game is really worth the dollars. Haven't got as much enjoyment from a game in along time. Already know I'm getting the expansions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya I'd love to be able to play it around and then upload my cards to the game!

I haven't played Heartstone but this game is tempting me towards that!

Like any other game, it has its own set of issues but in my opinion its still the best card game out there.
    That and the fact mircosoft are .charge devs ridiculous amounts to even release patches, hence why indie devs give a wide birth.

Thats not true anymore. Patches are free. DLC is a different story and microsoft still charge publishers for that, but bug fixes and updates are free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Kiith wrote: »
    Are monsters in Monster Dens supposed to respawn if you reload? Trying to clear one out of Wraiths earlier, and after killing 4 or 5 of time, i died. Reload the game, and they all respawn and surround me. No possible way to survive it. Really annoying.

I think that's just with the green wraiths. If you meditate after killing them they come back??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That and the fact mircosoft charge devs ridiculous amounts to even release patches, hence why indie devs give a wide birth.

Nearly sure MS have dropped those charges. They have been dropped for a good while now.

Certification on XBOX one is still really slow though. Loads more hoops to jump through for some reason.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Nearly sure MS have dropped those charges. They have been dropped for a good while now.

Certification on XBOX one is still really slow though. Loads more hoops to jump through for some reason.

They did , seem to recall a huge deal about it being made over Fez or a sinilar indie game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Weird thing happened last night. Fast travelled to the Harpy feeding ground in Velen , near the castle part of the Griffin school treasure hunt, when the loading screen ended and arrived at site, all harpies that were flying above me dropped dead for no reason. I also found blueprint for enhanced swallow in that castle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Once the prologue ends you can't go back to the area?

Once the prologue ends you can't go back to the area?

You can, I was back there looking for Gwent cards.

Any word of the missable Gwent cards being patched back in via a Merchant in that PS4 patch? or will it be in the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The treasure quests are the only ones I haven't really done yet. Might tackle one tonight and go back to White Orchard, pick up some gwent cards and find these place of power.

One funny thing last night actually. I was crossing this huge bridge and trying to get into a city to finish a quest but the guard wouldn't let me through without a pass.

So I just said fine.. **** this.. jumped off the bridge and swam to the city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They only dropped them in the aftermath of the slateing that they got at E3 2013.

It was thanks to Sony actively supporting indies that forced their hand.

It was a crazy policy to begin with imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Ah cool, had not read anything about it. Good to hear. Don't see any good from crap like that.

• Advertisement

It was a crazy policy to begin with imo.

No disputing that.

How quick does a game of Gwent go and is their any easy ways or cheats should I say to win? No interest in playing it just want to get the quests out of my secondary quest list not sure how I got them I never asked anyone to play. Thanks

Burkie7 wrote: »
    How quick does a game of Gwent go and is their any easy ways or cheats should I say to win? No interest in playing it just want to get the quests out of my secondary quest list not sure how I got them I never asked anyone to play. Thanks

And I thought my OCD was bad :pac: :o.

If you play against the early opponents you might finish 2 rounds in 15 minutes.

And I thought my OCD was bad :pac: :o.

If you play against the early opponents you might finish 2 rounds in 15 minutes.

Ah I'll leave it so thanks.

I'm trying to do all the sides quests but their is like 8 of them about Gwent in the list and the change position in the list every time I open quest menu just makes it annoying trying to find a quest I need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Faiely sure if you complete a monsters den and it greys out they never come back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think that's just with the green wraiths. If you meditate after killing them they come back??

Yeah, i know they come back after meditating, but they also come back if you reload a game. Must be to stop save spamming, and to challenge you to finish it in one go. Way too hard at the moment for me though, as 3 or so wraiths in an enclosed space is bloody tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't think the Gwent cards in White Orchard won't be on consoles until the next patch (1.04). I just wish that merchants, etc you already beat at Gwent would have some mark against the Gwent starter convo so you know that you already got a card off them. Gonna be a balls when it comes to trying to get all the cards.

Got the Ciri 15 card, have beastly Nilf and North decks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

tok9 wrote: »
    The treasure quests are the only ones I haven't really done yet. Might tackle one tonight and go back to White Orchard, pick up some gwent cards and find these place of power.

One funny thing last night actually. I was crossing this huge bridge and trying to get into a city to finish a quest but the guard wouldn't let me through without a pass.

So I just said fine.. **** this.. jumped off the bridge and swam to the city :)

I did the exact same thing. Thought I would get attacked in the city . :pac:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    . I just wish that merchants, etc you already beat at Gwent would have some mark against the Gwent starter convo so you know that you already got a card off them. Gonna be a balls when it comes to trying to get all the cards.

Got the Ciri 15 card, have beastly Nilf and North decks now.

Deffo need some mark or something, I don't know what early ones I couldn't beat and moved on.

Where did you get the Ciri card?
    I got a Yennefer card last night, was quite surprised to get a decent card. My northern deck, while incomplete is a lot better now after going around beating a few merchants, learning how to play the damn game, then going back and beating the Baron and getting his spy card.

Have new markers on the map now for people to play, that is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 2 new DLC's are now live on PSN. New outfit for Yen can be enabled under Options -> Downloadable Content. (TBH I can't even remember what Yen was wearing when I first met her near the start of the game)

The Missing Miners contract seems to be in Skellige. Haven't even reached there yet so it can wait for now.

Advertisement