Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm still only on 60 max inventory and I've gotten by no problem by just selling all the ****e weapons I pick up :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The problem is when you start getting heavier gear, it adds up quite quickly.

What about the other categories? I've about 30 books and another 20 or so notes from various quests. Are they any use, or should i just drop them? Might find myself a handy abandoned house somewhere and drop the crap in my inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kiith wrote: »
    The problem is when you start getting heavier gear, it adds up quite quickly.

What about the other categories? I've about 30 books and another 20 or so notes from various quests. Are they any use, or should i just drop them? Might find myself a handy abandoned house somewhere and drop the crap in my inventory.

That is a question I have also. I have read them all and I think they are done with but I am afraid to sell them. They really need to give you a chest you can use to store your items in.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I really wish I could get rid of quests I have no interest in from the list as it makes things messy. I have no intention of playing any Gwent quests. I'm awful at cards in real life I imagine I'm the same in a game ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I think the stats page is pretty poor and should have included way more information. enemies killed, types of enemies killed, quests done, distance traveled, headshots and so on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Been hacking away with this, only just sorted out a bug that had the game minimize and crash every hour or two, still in velen and had someone spoil a decision on me earlier and now I'm stuck with indecision on which route to go.

Aside from that I love the world, I really like how full fleshed the quests feel, even when its a simple go here and kill X there is a lot more effort put in the quest delivery then and visual storytelling then similar games.

Also really like all the monster designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

logik wrote: »
    Funny enough, you have the most powerful card in the game! There is only one level 15 card in the game, fair play. How did you get it?

There's two, I forget how I got them though.

There's two, I forget how I got them though.

Apologies, I stand corrected, you are right, there are 2 level 15 cards. Both are Hero cards. Both costs 50 crowns once you beat the opponent I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Apologies, I stand corrected, you are right, there are 2 level 15 cards. Both are Hero cards. Both costs 50 crowns once you beat the opponent I imagine.

I didn't buy them, can't remember who I beat to get them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can't find the post now, but did someone post here saying that the missable Gwent cards are going to be added to some merchants in a patch?

It that definite?

I have missed a tonne already I'd say.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Can't find the post now, but did someone post here saying that the missable Gwent cards are going to be added to some merchants in a patch?

It that definite?

I have missed a tonne already I'd say.

Yes, I believe that is going to be the case. It is being addressed in a future patch according to the CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can miss ones by buying and winning some from the merchant in White Orchard but they have patched it on PC where you can go back and buy them from a merchant. Patch is still being approved by MS and Sony.

The Bloody Baron unique card you get by playing him can be missed but I seemed to get it automatically at some point and other people got it by checking his desk in Crow's perch.

I read there's a few others that can be missed like the ones you can win in the Gwent tourney. Aparently if you lose a round, you're out and can't win the cards from later rounds and also a party where you can win cards but can't get back to the party when it's done.

I'm keeping an eye out for those ones and not passing the quest til I have the Gwent cards.

Have myself a nice Nilf set and just got enough for a Scolatiel but it's a weak deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I only played the beginner games of Gwent, and i enjoyed them, but ive made a conscious decision to avoid it.... I have 7 kids, a wife and a job... Just finding the time needed to play the actual game is hard enough for me without an additional time sink like an in game card addiction..

I would love the option to play Gwent on my phone or something though...

I only played the beginner games of Gwent, and i enjoyed them, but ive made a conscious decision to avoid it.... I have 7 kids, a wife and a job... Just finding the time needed to play the actual game is hard enough for me without an additional time sink like an in game card addiction..

7 kids :eek: hats off for even getting a chance to boot a game up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It is worth my while crafting weapons to sell?
    I mean the materials cost money and the crafting costs money. Will the return be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Hopefully they'll release it as a standalone, multiplayer game, there certainly seems to be enough interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It is worth my while crafting weapons to sell?
    I mean the materials cost money and the crafting costs money. Will the return be worth it?

I'm only low level ... But looking at quick calculations, it seems it would cost more to craft than you'd get back again for most items.
    I'm still in Velen though so I'm not sure if there are venders that pay better money further in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's times like this I'm glad most women dont game. If they did, "OMG Botchlings!" would be all over facebook right about now. Imagine the outrage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Funny enough, you have the most powerful card in the game! There is only one level 15 card in the game, fair play. How did you get it?

The "Gwent: Big City Players" quest. "- Win a unique card from a member of the Scoia'tael band"

For that quest, you have to beat 4 different people but when I beat that elf guy, that's the card I won :)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been localized into 15 languages. 7 of them are localizations with full voice-overs while 8 offer subtitles.
    To showcase the beauty and variety of so many languages we have prepared this special video.

*Note, this is a scene you may not have come to yet. It doesn't really contain any spoiler however.*

Pretty impressive the amount of work behind the scenes is involved in making these games!

- The Witcher FB page: https://www.facebook.com/thewitcher?fref=ts

• Advertisement

Anyone else have issues controlling
    Ciri
    :confused:

It's like the jump button is stuck on my controller and she jumps all the time as I move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Anyone else have issues controlling
    Ciri
    :confused:

It's like the jump button is stuck on my controller and she jumps all the time as I move.

Its the jumping bug. Restarting the game fixes it.

CDPR allow monetization of videos containing content from The Witcher 3. Pretty sound :)

http://thewitcher.com/videopolicy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just got a 500mb ish update there on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just got a 500mb ish update there on PS4

patch1.03sas4e.png

They increased the loot window :D will not be able to play it till later tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

GavRedKing wrote: »
    On the PS4 and I wanna pick this up over the weekend, wheres the cheapest place to do so, in store if possible.

I'll go online if I can get it somewhat cheaper as I cant get to this until next week sometime anyway so the delivery time may suit with work and what not.

Cheers. :D

Argos is the cheapest for a shop. I got it for €62. I think it's €65 in Smyths and €75 in Gamestop.

It's currently €60 on Amazon.

Keno wrote: »
    €75 in Gamestop.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllll :pac:

FFS. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Keno wrote: »
    Argos is the cheapest for a shop. I got it for €62. I think it's €65 in Smyths and €75 in Gamestop.

It's currently €60 on Amazon.

Bloody well what? I paid €30 for my copy on Kinguin. €60 I can deal with, but €75 is just outrageous.

Xenji wrote: »

They increased the loot window :D will not be able to play it till later tonight though.

Dammit. No mention in that screenshot of it being PS4 only until I checked the CDPR forums for myself.

XB1 users must wait I suppose :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    Its the jumping bug. Restarting the game fixes it.

Ah cheers, I was just reloading the save and it didn't help. Fully quitting the game from the dashboard sorted it.

God the barron has some set of Gwent cards. Beat him on my 3rd try when I drew 2 spy cards in my hand. Those are great especially if they are low level.

Advertisement