Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

neasyerac wrote: »
    Finished the game today along with all the witcher contracts, working my way along the trophy list. Not really looking forward to the gwent related one's. Think I could have missed a few miss-able card's already

Jaysus, I am at 19 hours and only 11% complete...

For anyone enjoying the Gwent. Here is a great link showing you where to get all 199 collectable cards in the game!

http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Skerries wrote: »
    did you have the week off?

Haha yeah I'd the week off! I would have had it done by friday or saturday only for I was gone away with the missus.
    titan18 wrote: »
    Did you do the King's Gambit quest?
    Skellige crown succession one where you choose Cerys or Hjalmar?

Yep I did that quest, and got the full crew trophy along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

logik wrote: »
    Jaysus, I am at 19 hours and only 11% complete...

Does the GOG version tell you that or is it in game?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Does the GOG version tell you that or is it in game?

Xbox One SmartGlass tells you how many hours you and all of your friends list have played.

Just checked mine again there, I am actually 19 hours and 9% complete... this is a huge game :D:D

A player on my friends list from boards has 90 hours played and 21% complete...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon, name and shame praise them :D

Does anyone know if the card you get from bloody baron is Sigmund Dijkstra? If so I got it but can't remember doing so. Would just need the ones in White Orchard whenever Sony get around to aproving the patches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got a few more hours in last night, and still absolutely loving it. Did the Tower of Mice quest as well...what a quest. Really well done, and didn't expect that ending. Will finish off her quests tonight, and will go see the Crookback Bog witches. I saw them in the trailer, and they looked awful, so really hoping i can kill them :P

Beat the old sage in Gwent as well, after about 10 attempts. Got a decent Monster card, but don't have enough for a full deck yet.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the card you get from bloody baron is Sigmund Dijkstra?
    Yeah, i think thats the card you get. It's a Spy card with 4 damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I think my love affair with The Witcher 3 is coming to an end, like Oblivion and Skyrim before it. I love the worlds these games create, and I get lost in them, but I just can't develop a taste for the fundamental mechanics of RPGs. Looting bores me to death, and reading stats and percentages makes me feel like I'm back trying to figure out the Madden series. I'd love a game of this length and detail, but with better combat and simpler levelling up, like Shadow of Mordor or The Last of Us. But huge respect to the people who thrive on these games. It must be great when you become fully immersed in them. Happy gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Found saddlebags that add 100 carrying weight in novigrad. You need to start the pyres of novigrad quest.
    you get access to the king of beggars hideout, just in the gate to the left is a merchant who sells it.

Cmon, name and shame praise them :D

Does anyone know if the card you get from bloody baron is Sigmund Dijkstra? If so I got it but can't remember doing so. Would just need the ones in White Orchard whenever Sony get around to aproving the patches.

You can find your answer here :)

http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

• Advertisement

Has anyone been getting many headshots with the crossbow? I was going for the 50 headshots trophy last night and it's an absolute pain to do, The hitbox for a headshot must be one pixal. Enemies are far and few for me at this stage so trying to find people to kill and then only a couple registering is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The story teller narrating your tale every time you load up is an exceptionally poor voice actor. Some of his deliveries are Resident Evil bad. Lot's of Jill sandwhiches in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent that's the card so sound lads. Gonna go for all cards on this playthrough, have no distractions for Death March. Beating a tough Gwent opponent brings the same feeling as beating a boss in Bloodborne sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kirby wrote: »
    The story teller narrating your tale every time you load up is an exceptionally poor voice actor. Some of his deliveries are Resident Evil bad. Lot's of Jill sandwhiches in there.

You leave Dandelion alone!

Excellent that's the card so sound lads. Gonna go for all cards on this playthrough, have no distractions for Death March. Beating a tough Gwent opponent brings the same feeling as beating a boss in Bloodborne sometimes.

I really have to give it a proper go. Seem to be getting side tracked every 5 minutes with things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

You leave Dandelion alone!

Is that Dandelion? He sounds different than he did in the Witcher 2, they had the worst voice actor ever for him then.
    If that is a new Dandelion voice actor in 3, then he is miles better.

Got the hang on Gwent last night, great fun, I don't have a great deck so I am going to have to go collecting. Feck them buggers and their playing two 10 cards one after the other, instant forfeit.

Did the Botchling quest too.
    Could't kill it, given the dark subject matter, I had to go and try save it or give it some peace, I was hoping for a gory battle but wasn't going fighting that poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im loving the the pop culture references and how well there placed in the game. Iv come across Madonna, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars and Game of Thrones so far :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yup, loading back to a previous save is total pain even on an SSD. Even just a regular load screen with a nice picture and a tip would be fine but they have the unskippable artwork, narrated, story update. I've just started muting my headphones each time or I'll go insane hearing the same three lines over and over again.

I've noticed that while loading the game seems to let the narration complete regardless of whether the loading time would be shorter. I keep pressing space and it cuts out the narration as soon as the game has loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

On the PS4 and I wanna pick this up over the weekend, wheres the cheapest place to do so, in store if possible.

I'll go online if I can get it somewhat cheaper as I cant get to this until next week sometime anyway so the delivery time may suit with work and what not.

Cheers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Burgo wrote: »
    Found saddlebags that add 100 carrying weight in novigrad. You need to start the pyres of novigrad quest.
    you get access to the king of beggars hideout, just in the gate to the left is a merchant who sells it.
    Found that one last night too. Up to 160 weight limit now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Gonna have to start cataloguing the pop culture references in this game you hear as you wander around. In the Baron's place one guy says "Bring out the gimp" for example and as I passed through a small village I heard a guy saying "War, war never changes" followed by his wife "You never change you lazy git sitting there all day long doing nothing" or along those lines.

I really need to get that later. Only at 90 myself, and it's a pain in the ass with the poor inventory system.

Kiith wrote: »
    I really need to get that later. Only at 90 myself, and it's a pain in the ass with the poor inventory system.

Winning all the races in skellige will reward you with the best saddle, saddlebag and blinders if you don't fancy paying for them

I still haven't left Valen, so that might take a while. Does Skellige have a wide level range, like Valen does? Or is it higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That sounds suspiciously like someone I know... :rolleyes:

I do however, leave the witcher 3 running most of the time, even when I'm not playing. :D

Kiith wrote: »
    I still haven't left Valen, so that might take a while. Does Skellige have a wide level range, like Valen does? Or is it higher level?

yeah it does, ranges from around 10 to 30ish or more can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Eternal Fire Executioners Armor looks amazing!

I have armor that is better than it but I still wear it because of how good it looks ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I assumed the Gwent cards went as high as 10 max but I won a 15dmg one last night :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That sounds suspiciously like someone I know... :rolleyes:

I do however, leave the witcher 3 running most of the time, even when I'm not playing. :D

Haha, I didn't want to say mate!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I assumed the Gwent cards went as high as 10 max but I won a 15dmg one last night :D

Funny enough, you have the most powerful card in the game! There is only one level 15 card in the game, fair play. How did you get it?

Advertisement