Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Full set of Superior Griffin Armor, I was hoping the special armor's would look a little more jazzy then the standard stuff. Will upgrade to master grade once my level is high enough, Need to be 31 and I'm currently on 28

Ik4ruYH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I found quite a few at the start, but the only thing about is that you don't unlock the slots to place multiple perks unless you level up. I'm Level 14 at the moment, and i have the top 2 completely unlocked, and only one unlocked on the bottom left for a perk, the slot for a mutagen hasn't unlocked yet.

I like that system, because as you level up you have to think about what perk you're going to upgrade and what you're going to slot it in beside. You also have to think about what colour mutagen you have to stick in beside it too. Makes it very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nearly a week on and I am only level 7, the game just has so much to do and see, nearly having more fun doing all the question marks then the normal quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

How is everyone tackling the perks screen?

I tend to level up skills with extra points until I know I have a slot for free for another perk to go into. Focussed on the Signs tree (blue) first and filled that one out before having the attacking one (red) filled out. Tempted to focus on the Alchemy one (green next) since I'm finding potions a little lacking at the moment.
    Which perks are really worth investing in?

Have yet to come across a method to respec. Think you can buy something from a merchant that allows you to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Have yet to come across a method to respec. Think you can buy something from a merchant that allows you to do that.
    The potion is called a Potion of clearance and costs 1000 crowns. There is a merchant in Novigrad that sells them along with a certain sorceress north-east of Midcopse
    Keira Metz

• Advertisement

How is everyone tackling the perks screen?

I tend to level up skills with extra points until I know I have a slot for free for another perk to go into. Focussed on the Signs tree (blue) first and filled that one out before having the attacking one (red) filled out. Tempted to focus on the Alchemy one (green next) since I'm finding potions a little lacking at the moment.
    Which perks are really worth investing in?

To respec you need the potion of clearance, Keira and a vendor in Novigard sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I agree on the armour. I've better armour but it looks like crap so I'm sticking with my standard gear.

I assume I can upgrade these and my silver sword etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

logik wrote: »
    All achievements are for show, they never impact the game. They are more like bragging rights.

OK thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm hoping for some reskins of the armour from mods over the next few weeks. They really don't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

3wayswitch wrote: »
    The card should be a lootable item in his office if you miss out on playing him for it.

Yeah dev on twitter said the same but no sign of it, logged a support ticket like dev asked.

Pc patch live now. Stupid consoles would want to hurry up!

The patch 1.04 for PC is available for download now! Please find the list of changes below:

- Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.

- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.

- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.

- Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.

- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.

- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.

- Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.

- Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.

- A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.

- Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-

- Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.

- Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.

- Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.

- Updates the game icon.

- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.

- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.

- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.

- Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.

- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.

Now i've a reason to go back there i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Kiith wrote: »
    Now i've a reason to go back there i guess.

They are being sold by the merchant beside the bridge near the inn. He's selling the Foltest, Catapult, Crinfrid Reavers Dragon Hunter & Blue Stripes Commando cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I was looking forward to getting home and playing this and continuing the quest Family Matters I think its called, there is something nasty called a Botchling to be dealt with.

But now all I want to do is play Gwent.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I was looking forward to getting home and playing this and continuing the quest Family Matters I think its called, there is something nasty called a Botchling to be dealt with.

But now all I want to do is play Gwent.

Do yourself a favour and get the unique card off baron first as it's missable. Then do the Botchling quest as it's some sight to see. then have at it at Gwent :)

Werewolves are bloody tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    there is something nasty called a Botchling to be dealt with.

Of any of the creatures designed for this game, the botchling is on a whole other level, enjoy the quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Can someone explain to me in simple terms how to play the card game. Keep getting beaten in it

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Full master griffin armor. I think this final version looks much better then the previous superior one. Happy enough I went with griffin.

WuuqWPB.jpg

CptMackey wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me in simple terms how to play the card game. Keep getting beaten in it

Use your weakest cards in the first round and do not be afraid to lose it, I nearly always throw the first round, keep an eye on efect cards as well, if you have a card that hinders close combat cards, do not put out close combat cards on your side, do not forget to use your leader card also if you are in a pinch.

This girl Yoana has a ridiculous deck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This week we'll release two new FREE DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

CONTRACT: MISSING MINERS - Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening!

ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR YENNEFER - Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg!

Rnropau.png?1

tok9 wrote: »
    This girl Yoana has a ridiculous deck!

That the blacksmith assistant?

The trick there is to use frost to turn her 10 or so cards into useless 1 dmg yolks :D

The soothsayer mage fella is a pain in the whole. Every single card brings similar ones from the deck and he has clear weather to get rid of my frost. Feels like he is playing with 20 cards.

Anyone have a deck other than northern realms? In short 7 for a nilf deck and 8 for scolatiel. I need to go back to every merchant and see if they are selling any.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That the blacksmith assistant?

The trick there is to use frost to turn her 10 or so cards into useless 1 dmg yolks :D

Indeed. I wish it was that easy. Even still she usually has a card or 2 which isn't affected by the frost.

Think I just need to get much better unit cards. Still have a bunch of 1's in my deck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Text in 1.04 appears to be a lot bigger.

tok9 wrote: »
    Indeed. I wish it was that easy. Even still she usually has a card or 2 which isn't affected by the frost.

Think I just need to get much better unit cards. Still have a bunch of 1's in my deck

I have 5 level 10s in 1 of my decks :D:D Hope to expand on that too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This week we'll release two new FREE DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

CONTRACT: MISSING MINERS - Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening!

ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR YENNEFER - Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg!

Rnropau.png?1

Wish they'd fix the game first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This is sold out everywhere...

Where's the cheapest place online?? (on PS4)

titan18 wrote: »
    Wish they'd fix the game first

Whats broke for you?

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    This is sold out everywhere...

Where's the cheapest place online?? (on PS4)

Dunno about cheapest but 65 delivered from Amazon.co.uk, in stock.

Advertisement