Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Severe Wintry Conditions With Strong Winds. (High Risk-Ulster, Connaught)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Snows all gone. bad thunderstorm now. winters over every1 we did crap this year,bottom 3 for snowfall in my life. England especially the SE will get snow Sunday/Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Still lots here on grass, cars & roofs. Sun not melting much for some reason? Winds picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

The scene here this morning:

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Taken 30 seconds ago. Surprised it's not gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Still loads of snow here in Carlow. Roads are clearing up now though and the wind has picked up. Sunny but cold as feck at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Big Thaw on now, 3 degrees. still alot of snow on the grass but not on the driveway, paths and around trees, if it keeps up the lying snow will be gone by evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

whitebriar wrote: »
    For Waterford maybe ;)

To answer the question-yes of course a northerly can do streamers,into Ulster and mayo and wales.
    Sometimes the Irish sea goes mad with them but they stay out at sea or hit wales/sw England.
    NNE and they might graze the east

should have asked the question I wanted to ask which was can N wind produce streamers for east coast and you read my mind...wind maps show definite but slight drift from N to NNE overnight.....looking out to sea now there's a procession of cloud marching south and if i'm not mistaken, with a slight NE drift onshore......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Heaviest hail shower of the week so far here at the minute. Gone very very dark. (Donegal Town)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

leahyl wrote: »
    It wasn't so nice though having to clear the snow from my car :(!
    That should be a joy Leahyl!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had hardly anything here again, barely a cm of snow early this morning, long gone now. Hope this isnt it for this pethetic winter so far, So far since 2010 all we've had here is barely enough snow to write my name on the back of the car. I really hope something decent comes soon as time is starting to run out fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Gonzo wrote: »
    had hardly anything here again, barely a cm of snow early this morning, long gone now. Hope this isnt it for this pethetic winter so far, So far since 2010 all we've had here is barely enough snow to write my name on the back of the car. I really hope something decent comes soon as time is starting to run out fast.
    Any chance you could stop posting this type of post for a month or so ,as every time you do,like a well timed jinx the snow fceks off to Germany or somewhere
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

More thundersnow here today!

Picture from last nights strike as well in derry (Picture by Kevin Gill)
    BCVquAVCcAAxZq9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Still loads of snow here in Carlow. Roads are clearing up now though and the wind has picked up. Sunny but cold as feck at the moment.

Within an hour almost all the snow has melted.

Still freezing in the wind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Weathering wrote: »
    Snows all gone. bad thunderstorm now. winters over every1 we did crap this year,bottom 3 for snowfall in my life. England especially the SE will get snow Sunday/Monday.

Yeah, its been disappointing in Donegal this year but I think it's too early to throw in the towel just yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Any chance you could stop posting this type of post for a month or so ,as every time you do,like a well timed jinx the snow fceks off to Germany or somewhere
    Cheers :)

sorry I was just posting a simple comment on the lack of snow where I am as this is a public forum and were supposed to speak our mind once it doesnt involve breaking site rules etc etc, with comments like above im not surprised so many good people left here over past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

I'm putting my snow in the freezer. You aint gettin it sun!

:D:D:D I should have thought of that

sorry I was just posting a simple comment on the lack of snow where I am as this is a public forum and were supposed to speak our mind once it doesnt involve breaking site rules etc etc, with comments like above im not surprised so many good people left here over past year.
    Ah for the love of god,can you not take a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pretty sure that was a light hearted joking comment....chillax(it might bring some snow)

Ah for the love of god,can you not take a joke?

sorry about that, im just getting fed up with lack of snow/constant dissapointments! All I want for this winter is 2 or 3 days where I can go outside and take a walk with the good crunch of snow beneath my feet, nothing exceptional like 2009/2010 just 3/4 inchs of snow would be perfect.

sorry about that, im just getting fed up with lack of snow/constant dissapointments! All I want for this winter is 2 or 3 days where I can go outside and take a walk with the good crunch of snow beneath my feet, nothing exceptional like 2009/2010 just 3/4 inchs of snow would be perfect.
    Ah I know :)
    I feel your pain like nearly everyone here.
    Model chasing for snow in Ireland is not good for the nerves!
    You should head down the m50 to the Wicklow mtns every now and again for a fix,you'd be there in no length.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Got more snow last night than all of the 2011/2012 winter where we just got a light dusting.
    Nearly all melted at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Aaaaand it's gone, jesus christ that was the quickest snow to come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

Is there more forecast for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm staying indoors where it's nice and toasty.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Huge hail shower here in Edenderry followed by a few flashes and loud Thunder, Getting a bit of everything the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

demakinz wrote: »
    Huge hail shower here in Edenderry followed by a few flashes and loud Thunder, Getting a bit of everything the last few days.

thundersnow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

A snowy scene in Waterford City this morning but the sun has come out and its all gone now.

Delighted ye got some. Waterford has the most effective snow shield in Ireland I think - and thus I think ye have the greatest fascination with it of all judging at the amount of Blas on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Delighted ye got some. Waterford has the most effective snow shield in Ireland I think - and thus I think ye have the greatest fascination with it of all judging at the amount of Blas on here.

Dont think Waterford do as poor as people make out.

I moved here in 2008 and have seen lying snow in Feb 09, Jan 10, Nov/Dec 10 and for the first time in a non easterly direction Feb 2013 (short lived of course). Winter 11/12 was write off but it was for most I think.

We'll never be the snow capital but i think the location is always ripe for a good snow fall when the classic easterly returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

A snow pic from this morning.

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Had greater than 2" of snow in the rural part of Navan, Co Meath this morning.

Just up the road in Navan they had >2cm of snow.

All snow melted now. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement