Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Risk Of Severe Wintry Conditions With Strong Winds. (High Risk-Ulster, Connaught)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

About 2cm of snow at Cork Airport and its bucketing down.

Dusting of snow in Dublin 15 and still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Light dusting of snow in South Kerry this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Good covering here and coming down again with big fluffy flakes !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Good covering here and coming down again with big fluffy flakes !

Drove up from Carlow to Naas this morning, everywhere seemed to have the same white dusting until we hit that blizzard coming up to Naas.
    Sticking on the M7 & everyone dropped down to 20mph. There was more in that shower than fell all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Lovely covering of snow in Drogheda. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

How much snow is there about Drogheda? I wonder if Dundalk or Drogheda got more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its a whte out in North Meath this morning, roads are treacherous as it froze, after a big rain shower, which came before the snow last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Knowing heavy in Waterford City

Knowing me, snowing you :p ah ha.............

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Live snow stream from Waterford City here http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Nothing but light snizzle here. Really disappointed. :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing lightly here for the last 10 minutes. Lovely big flakes.

0.1c DP -1.3c

Wouldn't a proper blast of a shower before it warms up later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Snowing again now here.

Im absolutely amazed these snow showers keep reaching the south east coast. Snow has melted on the roads but 2 or 3 cm elsewhere. I'd say there's been nice accumations on higher ground as the showers seem to have being hitting us all night. Anyway the Waterford city snow drought is over, Dec 2010 - Feb 2013..rip :p

Live snow stream from Waterford City here http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php[/QUOTE]

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Still lightly snowing here in Waterford.
    Temp 1.1c
    DP -0.1c :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

packing snow here in north county dublin :D

6ae236e26f6911e2a74422000a1ddb8e_7.jpg

dbeef1be6f6811e296ca22000a9f0a36_7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Whiteout in Delgany again right now....just a few showers overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

We had some snow here during the night in portlaoise, but it's snowing again now :) Yaay happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭pad199207

decent covering of snow up to an inch on some surfaces here this morning, sky looks full of snow so perhaps a few more showers before it gets fried by the sun and we can say au revoir until 2013/14, sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning :) Wasn't expecting it so it was a nice suprise! It wasn't so nice though having to clear the snow from my car :(!

It was snowing heavily when I was leaving for work but once I got out to the other side of the city (southside) it had turned to sleety rain!

Ah well, I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

It was hammering down with snow in around Caragh and Sallins not so long ago, looks like more is on the way too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

About an inch in Drogheda and just started snowing again. Great to look at. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

And stopped, can see blue sky ah well lovely while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

On our third fairly heavy shower here in Rathangan since around 7am. It was patchy blue skies about ten minutes ago. Not now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭pad199207

okay these new code orange, yellow and red alerts are overrated on the radio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Mr Bumble

stopped in Delgany..short and sharp..... can see meaty showers running about five miles off the coast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

one or two flakes stuck to the cars here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Was around 0.5cm in Ashbourne, not a sausage (but plenty of ice) in Ballymun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Good inch here, happy out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

A good bit of snow in Cavan this morning. Is this it or is there meant to be more today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Got caught in a fairly heavy snow shower between Slieverue and Mooncoin this morning, not too bad the rest of the way to Carrick-on-Suir. Snow and slush built up along the roads in the usual places. Passed two cars that looked like they had gone out of control and ended up stuck in the built up snow at the side of the road, don't know what the hell they were doing to end up in that situation :rolleyes:

Anyone know if there'll be any heavy showers during the rest of today down this direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sun had come out now and it's starting to melt :( Still a few flakes in the wind though despite clear sky so I'm slightly hopeful of another shower.

Just opened my blinds in work and looked out, fairly decent amount falling in Carrick-on-Suir now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Was useless stuff in D24 this morning. By 7am it had compacted into an icy snow mix, mostly solid and slippery rather than soft and fluffy. No more than 1cm of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Lethal stuff on the footpaths & in the estates up here this morning. Hard and icy. Nearly went on my ear a few times.

2 miles down the road in Dundrum and it's like nothing happened - sunny and dry. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Sun had come out now and it's starting to melt :( Still a few flakes in the wind though despite clear sky so I'm slightly hopeful of another shower.

And it has started again! Plenty of cloud cover now, hopefully it stays that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

East Cost streamers tonight anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pseudoname

Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

We got about 2 inches of snow here youghal/Dungarvan area. Really alpine lookin here now as we are up high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

As per section 1.4.122 of the charter - which states, "pics or GTFO" (not really in the charter)

I need a shorter username.

239656.jpg

Heavy snowfall in Carrick-on-Suir now. Fingers crossed I don't get stuck in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nice couple of inches in athlone. Had a great snowball fight with the neighbours kids before work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Nice dusting in Athlone. A couple of cm on the ground but more than an inch on top of the cars. Took a while to sweep off and get ready for the trip to work. Pics to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Snowing heavily here now and settling easily
    1.4/-0.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

whitebriar wrote: »
    1.4/-0.5
    I wonder whee is "here"

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭El Ninotorres

whitebriar wrote: »
    1.4/-0.5

Where is 'here' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Just look at his location which is under his name :

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

Where is 'here' ?

Looking at the OP's Location I would suggest maybe Arklow?!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Where is 'here' ?
    2 miles west of Arklow co Wicklow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement