Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    I'm terrible. I hear vomit and assume knocked up! Outside of pregnancy I very rarely vomited even as a child. Hope that it's not the hand foot and mouth.

I forgot how hard it is to be up during the night. Olivia woke at 2. She's been miserable on and off the last few days between a cold and her teeth which seem to be aggravating her reflux. She just would not go back to sleep. Was after 4 by the time I was back in bed and another half hour to get back to sleep then. I know I'm really lucky that since she started sleeping through we've only been up a couple of times during the night with her. Hopefully she'll be back to normal tonight.

It is hard, he's slept through the last two nights after a month or so of waking two, three, four times a night, every night. Last Tuesday night he was awake every 40 mins. I'm still shattered. We're going away at the weekend and I'm hoping the change in scenery won't set him back! I neeeed sleep!

Oh, I thought knocked up too! I gagged brushing my teeth the other day! :eek: OH is all excited, I don't think it's possible though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Could be a one day bug. I've had three of the flipping things since January.

Did anyone get called about the 9 month check yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Das Kitty wrote: »

No but we're a bit behind ye. Olivia is 7 months. I thought the phn said 8 months to us though. We have the hospital today for reflux though so they usually check everything there too though.

Yeah, I'm not feeling great today, dizzy and hot so probably an ailment of some description!

Haven't got called yet, he's not 9mths till the 4th July though.

I'm starting to think this lad will never crawl! He can wriggle on his belly like an army training exercise, he can go from sitting to ground but can't sit up himself from lying down. Will be interested to run all this by the PHN. I must keep reminding myself that he has a corrected age of a month less than his actual age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Great weather:-)
    No tears today,having a great day with bubs,delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

On my lunch outside enjoying the weather but wish I was home with my little man. Really struggling with being away from him the last few weeks. Rang his nanna he is sleeping away but still !

How are all the babies coping with the heat? Olivia was quite crabby the last few days but the poor thing has a tooth breaking through too. What are ye putting on them at night? She's in a one tog grobag and short sleeve vest but her room is reading 23 with the window open now!

Roesy wrote: »
    How are all the babies coping with the heat? Olivia was quite crabby the last few days but the poor thing has a tooth breaking through too. What are ye putting on them at night? She's in a one tog grobag and short sleeve vest but her room is reading 23 with the window open now!

Just the sleeping bag and vest, yeah.

Don't worry overly about room temp in the summer (unless it's into the 30s), it's the central heating heat that's a problem. Babies live in hot countries with no air con all over the world.

Vest only at the minute.rooms reading 26.
    Shes not loving the heat.

Vest only. I'll put him in a 1 tog grobag later so he doesn't get cold.

• Advertisement

Just a vest last night and he slept much better. He is drinking loads of water these days too. The heat must be hard on them although he is in good form otherwise.
    We should hear about the 9 month check in July. I just hope we get a bit of notice for when the appointment is so I can get time off work. My OH will bring him anyway but I want to!

We got our letter for the check. July 1st, so pretty much on the button at 9 months.

The weather isn't bothering Rory at all. He's flying it.

Back at work. This morning LO roared going to creche.shes not settling in well.i dont collect her til six,been having to go loo and cry all day.
    Anybody elses baby strugple settling?

Oh you poor thing. I'm lucky that our relatives are minding our son so he is settled already. Working and being a mum is hard enough without that worry. I know that's of no consolation to you but just to let you know I hope everything settles down soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Aww Groucho I feel so bad for you, that's sounds so tough and emotional. I have it all ahead of me in a month and I'm really dreading it. I really hope it gets easier quick for you, big hugs

Our lad is totally cranky too the last few days, won't eat much and won't go down to sleep in the cot without a major scream fest. Whereas we had him going down at night fine, chatting away to himself and then he would drift off well no more. Every time go into him he is trying to pull himself up to standing or is crawling up and down the cot!!dont know if it's the heat or just a new phase! I just have him sleeping in shirt sleeve vest past few nights. Definitely have to babyproof house properly, he is very interested in the fireplace and keeps pulling at sockets! In the bathroom this morning he went straight for the bathroom cleaner liquid!!

Thanks ladies,just been a really upsettingg day.
    Knock if you are doing creche in a month id definately recommend trying a few half hour or hour slots in the coming weeks. Our transition mightened be as hard if I started a trial earlier.
    Its the pits,almost walked out of work today just thought what am I doing here while my childs in tears being minded by another woman.

Aww groucho, That's the pits :( It's so hard leaving them. Hopefully she'll settle very soon.

What was she like once you were gone?

I know when our first started he cried and cried at drop off, but as soon as we were gone he was flying it.

Hope it gets easier soon xxx

They said she was teary but not bad enough to call me to get her. Wondering if it would be easier getting oh to drop her.shes not as attached to him as she is to me.

Might be, but then you're stuck with the same problem in that she's upset when you leave her - the days that you have to drop her off she will be crying. It's very tough. As DK said she may well be grand in a week or two.

• Advertisement

Hope today was a bit better Groucho.

Lads, the screeching today is something else altogether. Driving me bloody mental. I'd murder a cold beer and an hour in a beer garden! Saying that she's doing lovely kisses and getting great kicks out of being able to clap in between eardrum bursting screech sessions. It's ridiculously cute.

Brought Hugo on his first little holiday :) Waterford Castle hotel, we've got two lodges for me and all my family. The drive down was a nightmare, he roared from start to finish, but once we got here he settled. I had him on a picnic blanket and he touched the grass and He. Went. Doolally. Freaked the fcuk out. Grass. Who knew?!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Grass. Who knew?!

Many people, nikpmup. Many people.

I took care of Rory today while working from home. Yeah. Challenging...

Managed it without failing either job. I was working to 7pm tho because everything took twice as long. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Many people, nikpmup. Many people.

Ha! My eldest point blank refused to have anything to do with grass a few months when he was around a year. Used to have proper meltdowns if we ventured anywhere near it

Think I have a bug or a low grade infection. Have been feeling sh1tty the last few weeks, and the last month or so I've woken up with a clattering headache every day and have been feeling weak and dizzy. Sitting on the couch now feeling like I could fall over. I was away for the weekend but I only had two glasses of wine each night and was in bed by midnight both nights, so hardly overdoing it.

Think I have a bug or a low grade infection. Have been feeling sh1tty the last few weeks, and the last month or so I've woken up with a clattering headache every day and have been feeling weak and dizzy. Sitting on the couch now feeling like I could fall over. I was away for the weekend but I only had two glasses of wine each night and was in bed by midnight both nights, so hardly overdoing it.

How are you feeling now nikpmup?

I started back to work this week, finished for the summer tomorrow. It was good to dip my foot in the water so to speak. Baby was very suspicious about the whole thing though. Poor little mite has tooth no.6 about to poke through and she's like a wasp. She is currently trying to pull herself up but still no crawling. She is starting to bum shuffle a little though.

Tough being back at work.very down the last few weeks.
    Thats nice roesy to have the extra few months,these babies dont miss a trick:-)
    Booked a hotel for the three of us for start of august

I'm finding it very hard too Groucho. It's so hectic during the week I find they are flying by but that's not always a good thing. I feel like my baby's first year is going too fast and I'm not there for a lot of it.
    However he is very happy with his grandparents and my savings is already looking healthier. Every cloud!
    Enjoy your time away sounds fab. I have a few days off in August but not going anywhere just going to flop at home. Just can't wait for the mornings when we don't have to leave the house if we don't want to!!

Sweet jeebus. You've not seen mess until you've seen what my son can do with broccoli florets and cheesy lentils.

• Advertisement

Tough being back at work.very down the last few weeks.
    Thats nice roesy to have the extra few months,these babies dont miss a trick:-)
    Booked a hotel for the three of us for start of august

i can't really complain about being back. It was only for a few days. Still, I found it hard so I can only imagine how you are feeling Groucho. We're looking at booking somewhere for a couple of nights too. Would like to go to the seaside even though I don't fancy trying to prevent her from eating sand!
    I'm finding it very hard too Groucho. It's so hectic during the week I find they are flying by but that's not always a good thing. I feel like my baby's first year is going too fast and I'm not there for a lot of it.
    However he is very happy with his grandparents and my savings is already looking healthier. Every cloud!
    Enjoy your time away sounds fab. I have a few days off in August but not going anywhere just going to flop at home. Just can't wait for the mornings when we don't have to leave the house if we don't want to!!

The year seems to be flying alright.

My unpaid leave finishes soon thankfully. My bank account is starting to look a bit lean!
    Sweet jeebus. You've not seen mess until you've seen what my son can do with broccoli florets and cheesy lentils.

Did you try the cheesy lentil wedges? Olivia keeps trying to grab handfuls of her porridge. You can imagine that mess!

Advertisement