Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I thought you said bye santy there was me thinking it's a bit early for Xmas decorations ha! Although we may get a plan of action for the Xmas tree come December. How tempting for little hands with all the shiny baubles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I thought you said bye santy there was me thinking it's a bit early for Xmas decorations ha! Although we may get a plan of action for the Xmas tree come December. How tempting for little hands with all the shiny baubles!!

My sister put hers in the playpen the first 2 yrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I cannot wait til santy is coming:-)
    Hyper baby here tonite,she will not sleep!

Bed time is becoming a battle here and it's stressing me out. He is waking during the night too. Dont know what I'm doing wrong. :-(

Bed time is becoming a battle here and it's stressing me out. He is waking during the night too. Dont know what I'm doing wrong. :-(

Have you tried that milupa night cereal? Our lady is back waking,creche told me she mite be hungry to try that before bed. She wasnt as bad the past two nights so didnt try yet.

• Advertisement

We actually thought he was getting too much food during the day and maybe had a pain in his tummy so we cut back a little and it worked for a while. He is either up at 1:00/2:00 and won't go back to sleep for a while or he 'sleeps through' and wakes at 5:30 for the day.
    I have gotten into a bad habit of bringing him into bed that's probably why he is waking. It's the easiest option when I have to be up for work in a few hours. I secretly love the cuddles too!! My OH not impressed though.

Meet your twin so! I take herself in at six if she wakes,we get up at half six but I am guilty of taking her in for hugs before that. Think it was bound to happen when I went back fulltime.
    Maybe hes waking now for the mammy hugs out of habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Is the waking during the night a new thing Lola because apparently they can experience a sleep regression around 8-10 months. My little fairy was awake chatting to herself around 3 this morning. Thankfully she didn't get up!

We have our phn check up on Thursday. I have a feeling she'll be telling me to reduce bottles. Shes still on 4 a day and she's draining them. She takes 26oz plus 3 decent meals a day.

Don't feel guilty for taking them into the bed, I had about a three month period where he came into the bed at all hours - the only way we got any sleep! Now if he wakes up I try to shush him by rubbing his back. His pattern is always changing, I can't keep up!

I crashed the work bus today :( Drove into the ditch and took the tyre off the rim, with 4 service users and one other staff on board. Big fright. Did my a-hole boss come to see if I was ok, or the service users? No. I wonder what the hell I'm doing sometimes, leaving my boy to go into that place.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Don't feel guilty for taking them into the bed, I had about a three month period where he came into the bed at all hours - the only way we got any sleep! Now if he wakes up I try to shush him by rubbing his back. His pattern is always changing, I can't keep up!

I crashed the work bus today :( Drove into the ditch and took the tyre off the rim, with 4 service users and one other staff on board. Big fright. Did my a-hole boss come to see if I was ok, or the service users? No. I wonder what the hell I'm doing sometimes, leaving my boy to go into that place.

You must have got a terrible fright nikpmup. Hope ye are all okay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Scary stuff, nikmpup!

Rory was very sick last week. His temperature shot up and he went all lifeless in my arms. I never ran a cold bath so quickly. It brought his temperature right down and he was roaring and giving out stink and bashing me, thank flip.

It frightened the life out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Scary stuff Nikpmump and a fright for you too Das kitty, thankfully all ok.

Lola we are having similar issues with him waking every morning at 5.30 and won't go back to sleep - he is up and ready to play. It's just too early especially when they don't nap during the day! It's funny cos I can cope with 6am starts but the half hour earlier just kills me. He used to sleep til 6.30 or 7am every day so can't figure out what has changed! I have looked up some info and there is a sleep regression around this time due to all the developmental changes happening.

We are having major rows to get him to nap now, minute put him in the cot he rolls over and stands up and just shouts until we come in. Spent an hour going in and out of room and laying him back down - very frustrating. Not sure if I'm doing right thing by going in and out or what's best way to stop this craic! He is one determined little person!! Any of you experiencing this standing and rolling in cot?

Have to get stair gate up quick, he climbed up 3 steps earlier in the week n also need to secure tv as he has become fascinated with it too! Playpen might be the way to go!!

Poor Rory and poor Mammy. Temperatures can be scary. Thankfully Olivia has only gotten them the day after her shots so far and has responded well to calpol for them.

I think Olivia has dropped any pretend of a 3rd nap unless we just happen to be in the car.

She gave us an awful fright yesterday. She managed to jump/fall/climb out of her jumperoo and landed on her face with her leg still caught in it :( I nearly got sick with the fright and I'm usually fairly level headed about kids falls and cuts etc. It's in our kitchen-dining room area.My husband put her into it and sat down next to her, I was chopping veggies for dinner and asked him to grab something the fridge. He wasn't gone from her side 10 seconds when we heard the crash. You really can't take your eyes off her for a second. She has a bruise on her temple and looked like she was going to have a shiner but thankfully it hasn't come up. We were all in the same room and no more than a few feet away. Apparently they are supposed to be fine in them until they can stand up themselves unaided(which she can't...yet!)

Her head will be black and blue Roesy by the time she can walk.

James still falls on his face and runs into doors.

Maybe he's just taking after me!!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Her head will be black and blue Roesy by the time she can walk.

James still falls on his face and runs into doors.

Maybe he's just taking after me!!

God help Olivia if she has my brothers daredevil nature coupled with my natural clumsiness!!

Is James starting big school this year or is that another while away?

Yep. Little uniform now for the end of August.

My heart is bursting.

God, DK, that sounded scary.. glad he's alright. I'd say James just looks adorbs in the little uniform!

Roesy, you too, poor Olivia and poor you! If it's any consolation, I dropped a rather heavy vacuum cleaner on Hugo's head a couple of months ago; he was in his jumperoo and I was putting it back behind him; it wasn't standing properly and fell onto his noggin.

At the moment, his head is covered in little bruises from toppling over while attempting to stand. There's so many hard surfaces in this house!! In the last week, I've had to drop the cot base to the lower level, put up two stairgates, put up a playpen, and cover every pointy corner in Clevamamma foam! Problem is, he can pull up, but he can't balance, nor can he get down (except by toppling over!) Think I'll just make him a headband of Clevamamma foam and make him wear it 24/7, it'd be easier! And he's STILL not crawling! Commando shuffling like a pro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Hi folks, quick question.
    Just wondering what cloths ye have on the little ones going to bed on these warm nights?

Just a vest naughto, and I have him in a summer sleeping bag which is made out of t-shirt material.

Just a vest here,no grobag or blanket

• Advertisement

One tog grobag and vest.

Just a sleepsuit; in case it gets cold later! I'm such an Irish mammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Usually short-sleeve vest and 1 tog grobag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Thanks all for the reply. Have samuel in vest and 1 tog gro bag. Wasnt sure if i was doing right or wrong. Wouldnt want him getting cold in the night!!

I was the same at the start of this warm weather Naughto. Little legend slept until just after 8 this morning! She woke at 5.30 and sounded like she was up for the day but chatted herself back to sleep. Between that and a nearly 2 hour nap yesterday it's like she knows I'm tired the last couple of days!

Roesy wrote: »
    I was the same at the start of this warm weather Naughto. Little legend slept until just after 8 this morning! She woke at 5.30 and sounded like she was up for the day but chatted herself back to sleep. Between that and a nearly 2 hour nap yesterday it's like she knows I'm tired the last couple of days!

I'd say you were pacing the house wondering when she was going to wake up yesterday, Roesy! I know I do that when he goes down for a long nap :D

I officially have Clevamamma foam on every surface in the house. Most of it already has little teeth prints in it. :p

naughto wrote: »
    Thanks all for the reply. Have samuel in vest and 1 tog gro bag. Wasnt sure if i was doing right or wrong. Wouldnt want him getting cold in the night!!

If he gets cold he'll wake up. No chance of getting cold these nights!

Herself here has turned wild six weeks into creche.shes so chatty now and her attempts at sitting up have improved.
    Seems like a distant memory since our full days at home but managed to dodge working monday:-)

That's great Groucho. Must make it so easier for you now going to work when she is happy :-)

• Advertisement

That's great Groucho. Must make it so easier for you now going to work when she is happy :-)

It really does lolademmers, was a real struggle when she was taking a while longer than expected to settle.
    Be 1 year birthdays before we know it.

Advertisement