Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Lol another porridge grabber here!!
    Its like cement then dried into evrything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Yep, made the wedges, they were lovely! I had some with my lunch. Hugo doesn't grab the porridge (I keep it well out of reach!) but he does stick his fingers in his mouth and then smear them all over his face. Or my hair. His new favourite thing is grabbing my hair with sticky fingers.

Edit: witness the aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Witness the aftermath of porridge grabbing a couple of weeks ago :pac:

Roesy wrote: »
    Witness the aftermath of porridge grabbing a couple of weeks ago :pac:

Oh, that's too cute! She's a sweetie - good to know that Hugo's future missus is a looker :D

nikpmup wrote: »
    Oh, that's too cute! She's a sweetie - good to know that Hugo's future missus is a looker :D

Lol, a bit mad looking in that picture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Back to work tomorrow. Lying in bed crying at the thoughts of it boohoo The longest ive left her is 4 hours..maybe if I put her in her sling she wont be noticed?

Hope it's going okay for you Madisson.

So, so tired. Lie in tomorrow. Lie in tomorrow. Lie in tomorrow. H woke up at 11pm last night and screamed until half twelve. I thought we'd get a late morning out of him, but no. 6am he was awake.

Hope it's going okay for you Madisson.

Agh, that's hard going nikpmup. Teeth or just a bad night?

Teeth, I reckon. He has only two on the bottom, I think he may be getting the two each side. No bumps yet, but his previous teeth just appeared out of nowhere! He's got quite the set of porcelain. He went down for a nap at 10.15am, I thought he'd be down for at least an hour - 35 mins. OH has just brought him upstairs again in the hope he might go down for a while (but I can hear him yelling so I doubt it!)
    I have a half day on Thursday and I've arranged my mam to take him until about 6pm. Myself and OH are going to go for lunch and just hang out for the afternoon. I need a break! Even in work, I never really get a proper break - it's usually half a sandwich shovelled in with a cup of crap instant coffee, or I use my break to go to the shop/bank/petrol station. OH will be back to work the following week so it'll be back to the grind!

How did today go madison?
    Enjoy your few hours thursday nikpmup,myself and oh did something similar last saturday,it was sooo good getting food handed to us,eating at our own pace and having a conversation

• Advertisement

It wasnt too bad..I was so nervous cause of the breast feeding and her lack of bottle taking but she was grand all day and took loads of solids and just fed tonnes when I got home. She was so happy to see me when I got home too. Now if I could pick and chose and just go into work every so often just for some head space it would be great. Feeling even more **** about tomorrow.

Ladies I need a hug,feeling so lonely and down.

Ladies I need a hug,feeling so lonely and down.

:( That sucks groucho

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

:-( (((((hugs))))) anything is particular you're down about or just life in general?

Was upset under pressure in work today. I rang oh who answered and said I cant talk. Was just getting on top of me.
    Howr you getting on loladammers?
    How was your half day nikpmup?

Hope tomorrow is better Groucho.

Rough couple of days here, baba is like a headless chicken at the moment. Tooth no.6 has just about broken the surface and no.7 is on the way. She's not getting any break from it. She is so cranky and it's aggravating her reflux. Saying that she was very funny at Gymboree today, every time they stopped the music she started giving out!

Uuggh I hate when they do that! All you need is a two minute phone call to vent not a 4 hour conversation !! Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    I'm getting into some sort of a routine. I feel better this week about work but that could change next week. I hate when people ask me 'you're not working full time are you?' Yes, yes I am. Can feel the judgement radiating from them :-)

Uuggh I hate when they do that! All you need is a two minute phone call to vent not a 4 hour conversation !! Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    I'm getting into some sort of a routine. I feel better this week about work but that could change next week. I hate when people ask me 'you're not working full time are you?' Yes, yes I am. Can feel the judgement radiating from them :-)

Ha I get that too and they ask would I not look intor reduced hours, feel like saying are you going to make up the shortfall. I get a lot of judgement re the creche from people that dont even have kids.
    Hope your lo gets some relief roesy,herself here is getting grief with the gums too and vaccine three looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Aww Groucho big hugs, it's not easy whatever option you do for childcare as no matter what us moms will feel guilty - leaving them to work and earn money or staying at home with them and not bringing in any dosh!

I will be on here in a couple of weeks after leaving my boy for first time to strangers in the crèche and god I am dreading it. I haven't even left him with my mother during the day for longer than 2 hours! I reckon he will be fine as he seems to love being around other kiddies, it's just me that will be distraught but I know it has to be done and I'm hoping it gets easier every day! Feeling for all of you each time I hear of you going through it!

How ye getting on ladies?
    Herself is teething like crazy,were into a good routine now,no more tears at creche

• Advertisement

We're waiting on tooth no 8 here :) He's got a little pockmark on his lower gum, I reckon it'll start to show in the next few days. Good to hear she's settled in creche, Groucho, I'm sure it makes it a little easier for everyone.

He's been really cranky and clingy today. Growth spurt I reckon. He had three bottles, his breakfast and his lunch as well as rice cakes and Ellas biccies by 2pm today, as well as two 1.5hr naps. His poor bum is red raw as well :( I've given him bread soda baths the last three days and I'm buying shares in caldesene cream. Hopefully it'll clear up in the next few days.

nikpmup wrote: »
    We're waiting on tooth no 8 here :) He's got a little pockmark on his lower gum, I reckon it'll start to show in the next few days. Good to hear she's settled in creche, Groucho, I'm sure it makes it a little easier for everyone.

He's been really cranky and clingy today. Growth spurt I reckon. He had three bottles, his breakfast and his lunch as well as rice cakes and Ellas biccies by 2pm today, as well as two 1.5hr naps. His poor bum is red raw as well :( I've given him bread soda baths the last three days and I'm buying shares in caldesene cream. Hopefully it'll clear up in the next few days.

Snap with the teeth nikpmup :) We can just see no.8 under the surface too. No.7 only popped over the weekend. Poor little thing isn't getting any break. We were sitting on the floor today, I was reading my kindle, she was playing. Next thing I felt a sharp little nip, fecker was after biting my big toe!!

She's mad pulling herself up at the moment. I'm just a glorified climbing frame lately. Not sure she'll ever get this crawling business. Her top and bottom just don't seem to want to work together!

Delighted to hear things have settled Groucho.

Nikpmup, if you can you should try metanium nappy rash cream. Like calgel you can't buy it here but you can pick it up online. You can buy the metanium everyday cream here I think. A friend gave me a tube, I found it great. A doctor friend of hers recommended it.

This is actually getting freaky now, Roesy. I could have written that post, word for word! :D

He was climbing on my face earlier. Mad to get something above the top of my head. He also thinks that yanking my hair is the Best. Thing. Ever. Guaranteed to raise a squeal of delight no matter how cranky. Also loves pulling the ears off his Dad in bed, and grabbing his beard or chest hair and trying to remove it forcibly.

As for crawling, he can work the arms and he can work the legs - just not in tandem. He has started doing this sort of yoga move where he pushes up on his legs till his bum is in the air, but he's leaning on his face! Downward facing Dog for 9mth olds. Inevitably he topples over and roars!

How long did it take for your babies teeth to grow up once they cut through the gums? We have our first tooth haha!!! 9 months later.

So much has changed in the last few weeks. My lady is crawling and climbing and she's standing and walking along holding the couch. Fun times ahead

Madisson wrote: »
    How long did it take for your babies teeth to grow up once they cut through the gums? We have our first tooth haha!!! 9 months later.

So much has changed in the last few weeks. My lady is crawling and climbing and she's standing and walking along holding the couch. Fun times ahead

We've just cut #8 :) They came up pretty fast once they're through the gum.

My lad is still not crawling, but he makes a good job of getting around using a combination of rolling and commando shuffling. He's pulling up, but hasn't yet got the strength to pull himself up to standing. He's also saying mama or mam over & over (but no dada yet :D)

Baby Suarez just came for a nibble on my shoulder/neck/cheek and whatever part of me she could access while giving me a 'cuddle' in bed. She's gone off out to the garden in the sling to feed the horses and won't attempt to bite my husband at all! She does get a great kick out of pulling off his glasses though :) The teeth are hilarious, all different sizes. As nikpmup said, once they are through the surface they come up quite fast.

She thinks she can stand by herself but she can't, she pulls herself up then lets go to try and clap and lands on her bum looking most aggrieved :) When my husband is at work she seems to make 'dadada' sounds and apparently while I was out for a couple of hours yesterday all he was getting was 'mamama' but I'm not sure it's purposeful yet. She's full of 'talk' though, usually at very loud volume!

I should be up and organising bags. Myself and my husband are off to West Cork for two nights for our wedding anniversary and I keep getting upset at the thoughts of leaving her. My inlaws are only dying to get their hands on her and spoil her rotten so she'll have a great time I know but still I worry!

Roesy wrote: »
    Baby Suarez just came for a nibble on my shoulder/neck/cheek and whatever part of me she could access while giving me a 'cuddle' in bed. She's gone off out to the garden in the sling to feed the horses and won't attempt to bite my husband at all! She does get a great kick out of pulling off his glasses though :) The teeth are hilarious, all different sizes. As nikpmup said, once they are through the surface they come up quite fast.

She thinks she can stand by herself but she can't, she pulls herself up then lets go to try and clap and lands on her bum looking most aggrieved :) When my husband is at work she seems to make 'dadada' sounds and apparently while I was out for a couple of hours yesterday all he was getting was 'mamama' but I'm not sure it's purposeful yet. She's full of 'talk' though, usually at very loud volume!

I should be up and organising bags. Myself and my husband are off to West Cork for two nights for our wedding anniversary and I keep getting upset at the thoughts of leaving her. My inlaws are only dying to get their hands on her and spoil her rotten so she'll have a great time I know but still I worry!

Hope you had a good time Roesy - happy anniversary!!

This lad has learned to pull up to standing. And now will not stay sitting. Ever. Nothing is safe.

Not standing here yet but he is very strong. My poor house when he gets going !!

Oh Jesus. He's able to pull up onto the TV cabinet. Bye bye sanity!!

• Advertisement

Oh my god,hes flying! Looks like he was realy getting into it.no standing here yet.

Advertisement