Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ladies,
    I've been asked by work to move to a difficult area that I have a lot of experience in. I had hoped to stay in the area I'm in for another couple of years. The reason I have been asked to move is that the girl who works in this area is going on maternity leave in November and this particular group need continuity. I have PCOS, an underactive thyroid and have had prolactin issues in the past, because of this we have decided not to wait too long before trying to have another baby. I don't want to share my personal business with my boss and feel like I haven't been given a choice about the move but I also don't want to take them knowing that there's a possibility that I would be going out in the not too distant future myself. I'm also aware that it could take a long time to conceive again and I could end up seeing the year out with them. I need to respond to my boss, my husband thinks I should imply that we are trying but not spell it out, I can't see how I can do that without enduring belly watch for the year. I don't know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

''While I would love to help you out, due to pressing personal reasons that I can't discuss with you at the moment I'm afraid I am unable to move.'' Or variation on same. They don't need to know your personal ins and outs? Would it be trouble for you if you didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Would this new area having experience init be good for your career roesy? If you think the extra stress could have a negative impact on trying to conceive then definately do say it now something along the lines of what nikpmup has above.how to word it without blurting out were trying again will be hard,i dont envy you.
    How did return to work go nikpmup?

Would this new area having experience init be good for your career roesy? If you think the extra stress could have a negative impact on trying to conceive then definately do say it now something along the lines of what nikpmup has above.how to word it without blurting out were trying again will be hard,i dont envy you.

Bleaurgh. Unlike Roesy, and most people, I actually don't give a fcuk about my job, if I could get away with not working I would! Must get knocked up again soon!

The problem is that I have a good bit of experience in the area but in a more difficult setting so I can understand why my boss is looking for me to do it. It is very interesting work but can be very challenging. It is something I wouldn't mind doing again in the future, I'd hoped to get some head space from it. I emailed my boss and told her I understood her position and would respect her decision but outlined my professional reasons for wanting to stay in my current position(gain more experience etc) and said that the other area was one that I had hoped to return to at some stage in the future when my family was complete. I don't think that I'll get anywhere with it but feel better for getting it off my chest. I have a pretty decent relationship with my boss so hopefully this won't affect it.

Chin up nikpmup. I genuinely like my job but I'm still dreading going back. Hoping it'll be fine when I get back into it.

• Advertisement

I hate my job too,ive often thought id rather have no money than my job,its actualy a decent job and the area I studied in but I have no interest,eight weeks into unpaid leave though has made me appreciate the pay cheque.
    Good wording roesy! fingers crossed she reads between the lines and doesnt move you.

Ugh. Little man woke up screaming twice early last night, second time was around midnight so I gave him a half dose of calpol (his top teeth are desperately trying to make an appearance.) At half two, he was awake, singing. No amount of cuddling, bringing him into my bed, back rubbing or shushing worked; he wanted up for the morning. Eventually I just put him in his cot awake and gave him his teddy, I was too tired to be dealing with him. He must have gone back off (I know I did!) He was awake again from 4.30. At 5am, a gang coming home from a party decided to sit on our wall and recount the night. For an hour. Little man was then up for the morning. Gave him a bottle at 5.30, and he snoozed on till 8.30. Has only just gone down for a nap now. We're both like zombies - good job we're both off work! (I know I'm only back; my shifts this week were Tues, Sat, Sun!)

nikpmup wrote: »
    Ugh. Little man woke up screaming twice early last night, second time was around midnight so I gave him a half dose of calpol (his top teeth are desperately trying to make an appearance.) At half two, he was awake, singing. No amount of cuddling, bringing him into my bed, back rubbing or shushing worked; he wanted up for the morning. Eventually I just put him in his cot awake and gave him his teddy, I was too tired to be dealing with him. He must have gone back off (I know I did!) He was awake again from 4.30. At 5am, a gang coming home from a party decided to sit on our wall and recount the night. For an hour. Little man was then up for the morning. Gave him a bottle at 5.30, and he snoozed on till 8.30. Has only just gone down for a nap now. We're both like zombies - good job we're both off work! (I know I'm only back; my shifts this week were Tues, Sat, Sun!)

Ow! Tough night. Thankfully you're off today. Angel Care alarm went off on us last night. We both bolted out of the bed. Little fecker was after angling herself completely up the top of the cot head to the bars on one side and feet to the bars on the other side so the mat couldn't detect her. What a fright! Didn't sleep properly after that. Really don't know how a long baby can jam herself into such small places.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How long are you supposed to use those for? The sensor mats?

It always happens when you start back at work, nikpmup! Everything goes badly with the sleep for a while. It's a pain. I'll bet you were praying for the rain last night to get rid of those eejits!

Our lad has started wanting to sleep on his side or belly, he just spent his nap asleep on his front with his little tush in the air!

• Advertisement

Our lad has started wanting to sleep on his side or belly, he just spent his nap asleep on his front with his little tush in the air!

Aw. James was like that. As soon as he could roll it was belly sleeping all the way.

Rory STILL hasn't rolled. And no teeth.

Anybody else sick of dodging dog poo with the wheels of the pram? Its disgusting and ended up rolling into a bit of it earlier,annoying.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Aw. James was like that. As soon as he could roll it was belly sleeping all the way.

Rory STILL hasn't rolled. And no teeth.

Ah, he can sit up though! Hugo can sit unsupported, but as soon as he leans over he topples. Cushion nest around him; our sitting room floor is an adventure playground.

Anybody else sick of dodging dog poo with the wheels of the pram? Its disgusting and ended up rolling into a bit of it earlier,annoying.

Ugh, someone let their dog sh1te right outside our house once; I wheeled the buggy to the car boot and put it in and only discovered the wheels were covered in muck when I got to dundrum shopping centre. Boot, buggy, shopping bag and other stuff in the car covered. Gross.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    How long are you supposed to use those for? The sensor mats?

Had to look that up. The manual says a lot of parents use them for 12-14 months. My friend gave us hers when she stopped using it, her daughter was around two at the time. We adjusted the sensitivity so hopefully won't be having any frights tonight!

Olivia turns to her front a lot of the time too. She seems to sleep a little longer for her naps when she does it but she tends to get annoyed if she wakes on her front during the night.

Very, very annoying. Have had that happen a couple of times now.

I am feeling miserable tonight. My sinuses are killing me and I'm starving but can't think of what to eat at this late hour :(
    Work haven't gotten back to me since I sent the email. People are starting to find out where they are next year. I'd say I'll be moved alright. I assumed she'd have contacted me to confirm though.

We have a tooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

They are not teeth they are sharp little razors!! He has 4 and he likes to use them. Doesn't understand the concept of no so I hope he does not turn into a biter.
    Rosey I hope you get what you want in work. At the end of the day it's only work and you are just a number to them. Look after your self and your family first.

Hmm Roesy... maybe she just hasn't worked out what to do. What does the law about returning to work say; doesn't it protect your job for you while on mat leave? I'm not really up on the ins and outs of it.

Think last night was the result of the sugar in the calpol. I normally give him the sugar-free, but in my sleep deprived addled state last night the poor chap got the first pink liquid I could find, could have been loo cleaner! I think he's getting three, perhaps four of his upper teeth - the two front centre ones I can definitely see and feel the white corners. The two each side of them are en route, one is nearer than the other. Hopefully they'll all pop through at once and he can be done for a couple of months!

My friend got us a voucher for a photo shoot for christmas; the voucher included the shoot and a photo canvas, we went out to see the pics today......

.....we spent €400. I know everyone thinks the same, but our child is so frikkin GORGEOUS!!!

Edit: Yay Rory!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I wonder am I the only guy who wonders through these threads... It's so adorable seeing how excited you all get when talking about your little babas :)

They are not teeth they are sharp little razors!! He has 4 and he likes to use them. Doesn't understand the concept of no so I hope he does not turn into a biter.
    Rosey I hope you get what you want in work. At the end of the day it's only work and you are just a number to them. Look after your self and your family first.

My lad bit down on me the other day when I was feeling for the top teeth; he got me on the nail bed and drew blood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Roesy wrote: »
    Ow! Tough night. Thankfully you're off today. Angel Care alarm went off on us last night. We both bolted out of the bed. Little fecker was after angling herself completely up the top of the cot head to the bars on one side and feet to the bars on the other side so the mat couldn't detect her. What a fright! Didn't sleep properly after that. Really don't know how a long baby can jam herself into such small places.

Oh rosey the exact same thing happened to us last week, the alarm went off and I never saw my husband bolt out of bed so quick. The little fella was rammed up the very top of the cot against the bars and the sensor pad couldn't detect him! At least we know it works! We are finding him in very strange positions lately and his newest thing is turning over onto his chest and then trying to crawl in the cot! Keep waking up to him shouting cos he can't figure out how to get back off his hunkers!

Herselfs rolling around on the mat full of chat. Shes getting a little personality now. Think its just hit me that theres a third person in the house now.

Mine does exactly the same, knock!

The first of four - yes, four - upper teeth cut through this morning. He's going to have a lethal set of gnashers!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I'm so jealous of all of your munchkins having teeth. Unfortunately none here yet. He's rolling over and is trying his damnedest to crawl but isn't able to get the whole lot working together. He can get the back end working and the front end working but not at once. He's going backwards and around in circles but that's it.

No teeth here either yet at seven months. no idea where she gets her energy even now with all the rolling.

I'm so jealous of all of your munchkins having teeth. Unfortunately none here yet. He's rolling over and is trying his damnedest to crawl but isn't able to get the whole lot working together. He can get the back end working and the front end working but not at once. He's going backwards and around in circles but that's it.

I dunno.. cute and all as the teeth are, he will have six very soon. Hope he ain't a biter! I had a proper look there now, the top four are visible, the one on the right is through, and the one on the left has a corner through. The two centre ones are visible but not through the gum yet. God help the poor wee man, four teeth cutting at once can't be fun! Lots of chewing on refrigerated teething rings!

He's the same with his attempts at crawling. He can get his tush in the air and straighten his legs, but then he kind of pushes along on his face! He can also push up on his arms and ''swim'' around the carpet; but he can't coordinate the two actions. He's mad to stand though, I reckon he'll be trying to walk as soon as he's able.

Oh, and he's full of natter.. his latest is mowmowmowmmowm (or as I like to think; mamamamama!)

My boss emailed me this morning, I'm being moved but not to the area I was worried about so not too bad really.

Tore the side of my car Friday, just got a rough estimate for the work there...2.5k!!! So not what I needed, especially with 4 weeks unpaid left :( I've mad pms today and a grumpy babe whose top teeth are starting to poke through. She's sitting like a pro at the moment but really gone off the tummy time since she came off the reflux meds.

We were having fajitas last night so we just gave her some of the individual parts of it, bits of chicken, peppers and a couple of bits of cheese. She was happy out until I assembled my tortilla and started eating. She started giving out like stink and only stopped when we tore off a bit of tortilla wrap for her too. She's a headstrong little madam!

my lad was mad to get his hands on my toasted cheese sambo today! Don't think he's have dug the mustard :)

Roesy, that stinks about the car. At least you're not being moved to the stressful job, that's something.

Aw rosey sorry to hear about your car,the unpaid is starting to hit me now.
    Madam here is a strawberry beast,cant get enough of it,shes not a lover of the meat dinners though.

• Advertisement

Was in the zoo with my nieces & nephew today; Hugo had a go of some of the chips we bought for the older kids (no salt/sauce) He devoured them! I bit off the crunchy tip and he sucked those bad boys dry! Mammy of the Year for feeding him chips, but what the hey! He also had a fairly decent bite of my blueberry muffin :D

Advertisement