Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Aw thats lovely nikpmup but I really hear what your saying about needing to win the lotto! I just dont want to leave her from seven to six five days a week.
    Im fully back the end of next week but im doing a full childcare trial up until then just to prepare us both. Im finding it much harder than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

It is really hard. My first day back, everybody was all cheerful, ''welcome back!'' and I actually couldn't reply to them. I just nodded grimly and said nothing. It would help if I had any love for my job at all :-/ As a family, we'll only get to spend every second weekend together too, as I work every other weekend. That's gonna hurt more I think.

Did people say things like id say you are delighted to be back? That will push my limits.
    an acquaintance lets call her who is a stay at home mam is obsessed with my return to work date and keeps making snidey remarks and telling me I will have it easy being gone for the day. It really grates on me.

Oh, work is definitely ''easier'' - it's set hours, with a lunch break and the ability to drink a hot coffee in peace, in one go. But it's not where I want to be. I'd much rather be running around the house in my pj's at 4pm, with the place a tip and have a content little man with me than be in work. (Not that he isn't content; my mam is very good and gives me regular updates, but it's not the same)

When I was able to answer, if people asked me if I was glad to be back I gave them a flat out NO!! As you can tell, I'm not into sycophancy and I'm not in the running for employee of the year :p

Ugh. Babs has hand foot and mouth disease. He was like a bag of cats yesterday, really high temp and just wanted to be in my arms, crying all day. He was awake every 20/30 minutes for the whole of tuesday night, and every hour or so last night. He's better today, but is covered in spots :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The poor mite!

And poor mama.

Night three of zero sleep. I actually burst into tears at 4.45am! I have to get some sleep soon. OH is doing a four week course which is fairly intensive so he really can't help out. I hope he sleeps tonight - I've two 13 hour shifts at the weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

nikpmup wrote: »
    Night three of zero sleep. I actually burst into tears at 4.45am! I have to get some sleep soon. OH is doing a four week course which is fairly intensive so he really can't help out. I hope he sleeps tonight - I've two 13 hour shifts at the weekend.

Is there anyone else who can help out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ouch nikpmup, that sounds rough. The poor little man. How long do the symptoms usually last. Very hard seeing them sick especially when you are operating on no sleep.

On a completely seperate note, I can't drink anymore. Was out last night to dinner and a concert for my birthday and had 2 glasses of wine and a beer over the course of about 5 hours. Am really feeling it today! Luckily himself had a holiday day booked anyway.

He was cranky and ratty on Tuesday, didn't sleep at all Tuesday night - was awake every 40 mins or so. On Wednesday morning he had started to develop a high temp. By Wed dinnertime he was in awful form, lethargic and floppy, or screaming, and a high temp even with calpol and neurofen. Brought him to the doc on Wed evening who thought it was a tummy bug. The spots appeared wed night/ thursday morning and are worse today. Thankfully he doesn't seem to have many inside his mouth, more around his mouth and nose. I'm hoping he'll start to improve over the weekend.

I'm shattered; he hasn't been sleeping at all since Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

How's your little guy nikpump? Arw you working over the weekend?

How's your little guy nikpump? Arw you working over the weekend?

He's a lot better, still not sleeping great - we had an hour long scream fest at 4am :-/ A 13 hour shift is no fun after!

Why thank you baby, getting your mother up at 5.50 instead of 7.30 is a lovely way to start the day. The layer of poo from your knees to your belly button was an extra special flourish. Ah well, the extra early start gives me a chance to make blueberry pancakes for Father's Day I suppose.

Hope the wee man is on the up and up nikpmup.

Knees to belly button? :-O
    Daddy having a lie on here already gave him his presents yesterday evening. I'm useless at keeping things like that!
    Thank god it's the weekend having being having a couple of really rotten weeks in work and feeling very isolated from my friends. You know when they meet up and never tell you? Ugh horrible I was so hurt. They are all either still on maternity leave or on holidays from work but still met up at the weekend. I think it was a miscommunication they all thought someone else had asked me along. Q
    So that together with a very busy working OH I've been very lonely lately.

Knees to belly button? :-O
    Daddy having a lie on here already gave him his presents yesterday evening. I'm useless at keeping things like that!
    Thank god it's the weekend having being having a couple of really rotten weeks in work and feeling very isolated from my friends. You know when they meet up and never tell you? Ugh horrible I was so hurt. They are all either still on maternity leave or on holidays from work but still met up at the weekend. I think it was a miscommunication they all thought someone else had asked me along. Q
    So that together with a very busy working OH I've been very lonely lately.

Yep, pretty much knees to belly button ! Now it's porridge from her chin to her eyebrows. Pre-loaded spoons not their usual success this morning :)

I was starting to feel a bit isolated myself the last few weeks too so I went to a couple of classes with Olivia and thankfully this week I just happened to have three different social things so it knocked a bit of the funk out of me. All my friends are working and the only other person I know on mat leave at the moment is my husbands friends wife and she's a bit of a competitive mammy, always comparing our two!! The people meeting up without you is hard alright whether intentionally or not. Happened to me a few times when I was pregnant. Would you try and organise something?

Sadly can't wait for himself to get up so we can give presents!

I must try arrange something. Just with working full time I want to spend my free time with little man but if I organised a lunch in my house they could brings their babies. I can sense the madness of all the babies together already!
    Is this your first Father's Day?

I must try arrange something. Just with working full time I want to spend my free time with little man but if I organised a lunch in my house they could brings their babies. I can sense the madness of all the babies together already!
    Is this your first Father's Day?

Yep, first Father's Day. I'm like a child when I have presents to give to someone though, especially if it's something I really think they'd like.

A nightmare weekend of crying,feel so bad for the poor little thing.
    Im noticing her gums are sharp now,can ye remember how long from sharp gums to a tooth? Shes in herendous form,no sleep and dreading work.

A nightmare weekend of crying,feel so bad for the poor little thing.
    Im noticing her gums are sharp now,can ye remember how long from sharp gums to a tooth? Shes in herendous form,no sleep and dreading work.

Has she any teeth? If it's sharp maybe the tooth has broken through? We are waiting on teeth 5 and 6 and it looks like they have broken through.
    Imagine the pain aaaggghhh!!

• Advertisement

Nope no teeth here yet!
    I can feel sharp gums on the top and the bottom,3 for definite that I can see white and its edgy. Todays definately been toughest day,had to break out the calpol,teetha gel or sachet both did nothing to sooth her.

Ah the poor thing. I'd say it won't be long and she will probably get a few at the same time. The heat is probably not helping matters my guy is a bit uncomfortable today with it. Drinking loads of water aswell as his bottles too.

Has she any teeth? If it's sharp maybe the tooth has broken through? We are waiting on teeth 5 and 6 and it looks like they have broken through.
    Imagine the pain aaaggghhh!!

Yeah, we all bang on about teething, but when you actually think about it - if I had something pointy slowly piercing my gum over the course of weeks, I'd be going to the dental hospital howling! My lad's 6th cut a few days ago.

Little man seems to be a lot more settled tonight. The rash doesn't look as angry and it's cooler as well which helps! I really need a night of unbroken sleep!

An uninterrupted nights sleep! No calpol, no neurofen, no bonjela! Down at 8, up at 6.30, down again at 8am.... is this my child?!

So, I randomly vomited this morning :0

So, I randomly vomited this morning :0

:eek:are you going to test?

I think it'd be nigh on impossible for me to be pregnant. I'm nowhere near due yet, I'll wait till closer to the time. I reckon it may the the hand foot and mouth, I got a few spots and a bit of a temp/headache; perhaps it makes you pukey too. My face is now covered in bright red dots - I'd forgotten about them; they're broken capillaries, I had them for months when I was pukey at the start of pregnancy!

Is that hand,foot and mouth serious or just one of those things kids get like chicken pox?
    Mind yourself hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

It's not serious, it's a viral infection. Few days of high temp and feeling sick followed by spots and blisters on, er, hands, feet and mouth! It's ridiculously contagious. Tends to fly through creches and schools.

I'm heading to bed now, little man is sound asleep so I'm taking advantage and gonna try to catch up. I've been so tired the last few days, dizzy and sick feeling from it.

• Advertisement

I think it'd be nigh on impossible for me to be pregnant. I'm nowhere near due yet, I'll wait till closer to the time. I reckon it may the the hand foot and mouth, I got a few spots and a bit of a temp/headache; perhaps it makes you pukey too. My face is now covered in bright red dots - I'd forgotten about them; they're broken capillaries, I had them for months when I was pukey at the start of pregnancy!

I'm terrible. I hear vomit and assume knocked up! Outside of pregnancy I very rarely vomited even as a child. Hope that it's not the hand foot and mouth.

I forgot how hard it is to be up during the night. Olivia woke at 2. She's been miserable on and off the last few days between a cold and her teeth which seem to be aggravating her reflux. She just would not go back to sleep. Was after 4 by the time I was back in bed and another half hour to get back to sleep then. I know I'm really lucky that since she started sleeping through we've only been up a couple of times during the night with her. Hopefully she'll be back to normal tonight.

Advertisement