Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Rebecca is not only the teacher but also the town vet? And she said she's been monitoring the pigs for weeks which is suspect in itself considering the dome only came down about 2 weeks prior.

Also was just thinking, how did the hospital stay open before Sam, considering they seem to now always rely on Sam for medical help?

So why do you think he
    killed Angie
    ?

Wasn't there an episode in the first season that dealt with food shortages already? And I agree about it being strange having a café doing business as usual, though dunno who's running it now considering the high mortality rate of people who run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah they were nearly out of water from that well and talking about surviving on grain from the farms then they're still eating pie and coffee at the cafe, its so fcuking stupid.

Its like last season when that huge Mad Max style underground fight club and black market suddenly appeared out of nowhere at the cement factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Gotta love Big Jim,anything that happens,

"Is this a test,the dome is testing me" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Rachel with blonde hair just looks weird. The last episode continued the run of having dramatic character changes (DJ becoming homicidal) and terrible dialogue:
    Dead girl: Joe says you're really really smart; like a scientist
    Rebecca: Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sam say he killed Angie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah he did. I'm rapidly getting bored with this show now. All the buildup over the virus which was a stupid idea anyway and nobody had the balls to do it anyway. Not that you'd have wanted that to happen but there was a genuine underlying problem there regarding resources. The angle with Rebecca talking about the baby and it's contribution to the dome community with the premise being that it should be killed was both pointless and stupid. I'd find it very hard to believe that that logic would actually arise anywhere really. Despite all this the café is full and serving out food to anyone who wants it. The collective food drive was stupid. Lets face it, if my family has food and it might mean us surviving, am I going to donate it into a collective pool? Maybe I might but if that pool is managed by the idiots who are shown to be managing it, not a hope! Just when they were faced with the realization that there is a food shortage issue and that none of the solutions are easy, hey presto! Along comes the old lady with the survivalist husband who can feed the town for months. I'd hoped that Stephen King getting more involved might have helped things but this is still, fundamentally, a pretty stupid show. What's most galling is that you can be an utter bastard one week, get forvien and be nice the next. Heck, Barbie's character has been all over the place since the season started and, despite all that, he's now back in hot redhead's good graces! I'm really starting to wonder if this show is worth the ffort any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

How many times now has Big Jim been in prison / done something evil and then been forgiven? 5 or 6?

It's only been two weeks!

Yeah, it's kind of becoming farcical at this stage. I personally don't get the town rallying behind big Jim at every possible opportunity. They've had plenty of proof he's not the nicest guy in town by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Here's another show that had a lot of promise being ruined by bad writing and plot development. I really don't understand how some people think it's a good thing that the writers killed off Linda at the beginning of this season because they listened to fans complaints.

If they kill off a central character at the whim of some fans then it just shows they don't really have much of a plan where the plot is going and how each character fits into it.

They introduce new characters and within one episode they have suddenly become central, where the hell were these people for all the previous episodes?

The characters that have been there from the start seem to have drastic personality changes from episode to episode depending on what the plot demands.

Perfect example in the recent episode where Phil has now gone from once being a chilled out DJ to basically becoming a murderous terrorist.

How are we supposed to become invested in a character/plot if everything we learn about them can completely u-turn within a couple of scenes?

A show where the plot dictates the characters and not the other way around is the tell-tail sign of rushed, unimaginative writing.

• Advertisement

"I didn't want anyone to know about the food, but I trust you Julia"
    "Hey everyone all this food that seemingly came out of nowhere? You can thank Andrea!"
    Yeah real trustworthy. And I'm pretty sure if you're going from rationing food to finding more food, you don't go crazy with it.

Then what about all the food that was locked away by Phil, for some reason, that others also knew about?

And that was really bad editing with the bomb.

Why has no one thought to contact Junior over the radio he's always wearing? Was he even aware that Phil was the sheriff? He's gonna get more confused than he is seeing Phil still wearing the uniform but Barbie acting as sheriff

Speaking of Junior, anyone else hoping Sam kills the 4 hands? Not to see if the dome comes down, but just because of who the hands are attached to.

Has Julia said she dropped the egg in the water and Melanie came out? Or is she keeping that to herself for some reason, since no one seems to have asked where the egg went?

And on a side note, what happened to the black market?

Dunno why I keep watching, but I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

This is all so true.
    I watched the first series but gave up on the second after about 30 minutes of the first episode. It's really ridiculous. The story line is so full of inconsistencies and as for the acting....!!!!!!
    Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah they were nearly out of water from that well and talking about surviving on grain from the farms then they're still eating pie and coffee at the cafe, its so fcuking stupid.

Its like last season when that huge Mad Max style underground fight club and black market suddenly appeared out of nowhere at the cement factory.

Well now if they're not renewed it's a massive kick in the gonads to anyone who stuck with 2 seasons so far. A show that delivered little and went nowhere. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Looking at the way ratings have been diving for season two it looks like fans may have to prepare for taking to the streets. The show is becoming comically bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Looking at the way ratings have been diving for season two it looks like fans may have to prepare for taking to the streets. The show is becoming comically bad.

Agreed, gave up on this show, just about made it til end of season 1, total garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The guy following Barbie was trying to sneak up behind him and whack him on the head with his torch, but when Barbie's hanging off the cliff he just pulls him up? It just goes against his entire character of killing the 4 hands at any cost, but hey lets pull up the one guy who can stop me from inevitable death and in the process jump off the cliff myself! Horrible writing.

The acting on this show isn't bad which just about makes me come back for more

The four characters connected to the dome on the boat putting their hands together in the vain hope it would produce something was such a funny sight. It was only slightly more funnier than two characters being stuck in a hole under the school and the remaining townsfolk coming together to build a windmill. This show is way more funnier than most sitcoms out there.

I like how the townsfolk are so great at building, whether it's a gallows or a windmill. Next they'll have a barn raising. And wasn't Rebecca's class working on something else as well?

So where did Lyle go? At least Barbie can go back and tell the kids who really killed Angie, which I'm sure he'll do immediately to avoid anything happening due to misinformation. Because that's how things always go in this show. :) Of course, where did Lyle go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The four characters connected to the dome on the boat putting their hands together in the vain hope it would produce something was such a funny sight. It was only slightly more funnier than two characters being stuck in a hole under the school and the remaining townsfolk coming together to build a windmill. This show is way more funnier than most sitcoms out there.

Seriously?! I've not watched the second season but I keep an eye on this thread to see how bad it is getting. A windmill is a low point, where's the wind coming from!? They're under a dome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

the writers' backsides it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

This show is way more funnier than most sitcoms out there.

I actually had a legit fit of laughter at the Joe love triangle and some of the dialogue last week.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Seriously?! I've not watched the second season but I keep an eye on this thread to see how bad it is getting. A windmill is a low point, where's the wind coming from!? They're under a dome!
    They still have air (alot of hot air) and wind under the dome, like they still have rain. The dome is solid but also allows these materials through.

I do so like the teacher in the show. The guys are stuck in a hole and her first instinct is to blow sh!t up to get them out of their. All the fun of an 'A Team' episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Honestly I dont know why we're still watching. Monday nights are quiet I suppose.

Its turning (turned!) into a complete mess. Stupid really because there was so much potential.

Tuesdays for me involves watching this, Teen Wolf and Whose Line is it Anyway. So I get intentional laughs, a really good supernatural drama and an unintentional supernatural comedy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

They still have air (alot of hot air) and wind under the dome, like they still have rain. The dome is solid but also allows these materials through.

Well that's another one added to the list of massive departures from the book if they are getting wind in there. Barely a light breeze should be generated if there's a hurricane outside. It's not even consistent with the show itself. Yes, they've shown the dome to have slight permeable properties but it will still break the wind, taking the energy out of it. The rain thing was stupid IMO and it sounds like it's a case of "the dome did it". A windmill has to be the most brainless idea this show has come up with yet. Also, as CastorTroy said, it's quite laughable how handy the townsfolk are at quickly taking a project from Big Jim's concept to completion.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Yes, they've shown the dome to have slight permeable properties but it will still break the wind, taking the energy out of it.

*Snigger*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its car crash tv at this stage.

I too thought the windmill was dumb. "We've to build a windmill! Who's with me?" cut to scene of working windmill! :). While all this was going on I couldn't help thinking of something very, very obvious. There's a lake there anyway so, in an enclosed space, how did the air ever get that dry that it needed to be vapourised to begin with? Put a glass of water under a jar and you'll see plenty of condensation on the jar over time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

episode 7 best one so far :D
    Zenith is connected to the dome

Advertisement