Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Mr E wrote: »
    Multiple cliffhangers, no explanations about the dome (yet).

Thanks, sounds like the usual tripe that passes for sci-fi TV series' these days. Not gonna bother. Seems to be all about making money at the expense of just telling a good story from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Haven't read anything else in this thread for fear of spoilers but was wondering if the 2nd season is worth watching?

Honestly, no it is isn't. Just more and more aimless nonsense. There is so little attempt at explaining anything, and the way characters just accept the most absurd solutions at face value that it almost feels like religious programming.
    Rachelle LeFevre is about the only reason I kept watching. (The dome wants me to put my hands on your ass Julia, can we try that and see what happens?) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was sitting hoping they had actually filmed the ending without announcing it was the finale, but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I was disappointed. More of the same. No pointer to anything new. I could hear the writing meeting... "Well yea, I suppose we should get them out of the dome.". "OK, what happens then?". "Who cares, we'll worry about that next season. Hey! Wouldn't it be cool to have Melanie show up when they leave the dome?". "Yeah, sure, let's do that!".

On the plus side, Dean Norris started acting again towards the end. With this tripe it's almost hard to believe he was so good in Breaking Bad. His final scene was at least some indication of that and allowed him to finally use some of his acting ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

When I saw Rebecca still holding needle while Jim's wife was dying, I knew she was dead. Why would she keep it in her hand and not hide it knowing Jim would put 2 and 2 together and guess that she gave her an overdose. And at the end with Melanie, I was so hoping an alien would pop up behind her or something .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Probably good for a 3rd season based on the fact that it makes $2.5 million per episode before it even airs.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/under-the-dome-cancel-or-renew-for-season-three-33988/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Thanks god that's over for another season. The only good thing about it is Julia's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Thanks god that's over for another season. The only good thing about it is Julia's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

We watch for the great set of characters
    abvd8.jpg

0f5c42c78a0244ddc425bce09b598c02.jpg

5e547b76cf964615c60a7471822771d0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I've never been so happy to see/wanted so much for characters to be killed off. Raging that Big Jim didn't get to go through with his plan to kill everyone in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

+++ RIP Rebecca Pine ++++

250px-Rebecca_208.png

Condolences to friends, family and work colleagues

A science teacher,
    A smart person,
    A vigilante have a go hero,
    electromagnetism engineer,
    Town food supply manager,
    Torture survivor,
    Genocide planner,
    Biological warfare Technician,
    Doctor,
    Environmental Engineer,
    Census organizer,
    Veterinary,
    Farmer,
    Wind Turbine designer,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The only good thing about it is Julia's hair.

And her footwear. She's always sporting a fashionable pair of boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

+++ RIP Rebecca Pine ++++

250px-Rebecca_208.png

Condolences to friends, family and work colleagues

A science teacher,
    A smart person,
    A vigilante have a go hero,
    electromagnetism engineer,
    Town food supply manager,
    Torture survivor,
    Genocide planner,
    Biological warfare Technician,
    Doctor,
    Environmental Engineer,
    Census organizer,
    Veterinary,
    Farmer,
    Wind Turbine designer,

Now if she could do all those in two weeks, oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope they announce it as the final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So whats the third series going to be about? the leave one place thinking they have got out from under the dome and then they realise they are still under a dome but its the dome in Tralee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

, Dome was the summer’s No. 1 scripted series, averaging 11 million viewers and a 2.7 rating.

With the money made from ads and product placement even if it drops viewers by 50% this show will go and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont even remember this show already, I can just about picture Big Jim and Juniors face and thats it, also Barbie. I dont know who's dead or alive at this stage or whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

neither do the writers, but its ok

• Advertisement

I cant believe they made another season. Maybe it'll turn around..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont even remember this show already, I can just about picture Big Jim and Juniors face and thats it, also Barbie. I dont know who's dead or alive at this stage or whats going on.

Same here, all i remember is that they went through a red door & ... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

..and it was such a good book :(

the show is dumb and frustrating - but is still kind of harmless, kind of like Jericho but with a bigger budget
    not "looking forward" to season 3 - but ill defo watch it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah I really enjoyed the book too but the TV series I think I watched a couple of the first series and that was enough of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

wp_rathead wrote: »
    ..and it was such a good book :(

the show is dumb and frustrating - but is still kind of harmless, kind of like Jericho but with a bigger budget
    not "looking forward" to season 3 - but ill defo watch it

Just for Julia's hair... cos she's worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Third season? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so they got out of the dome?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Was that cow OK?

Same here, all i remember is that they went through a red door & ... :confused:

Red door?

I thought they jumped off a cliff?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Season 3 will return on June 25 with a two-hour premiere, then it will return to its normal time on July 2

Under The Dome Season 3 shall be outdoming
    In the upcoming third season of Under The Dome, the escaped civilians of the shattered and destroyed Dome and decimated city of Chesters Mill have escaped to Zenith, Barney's hometown. Barney's managed to escape the Dome with Julia alive. Jr. and others are in the city of Zenith led by Melanie whose been resurrected. Big Jim, mourning the actual death of his wife, Pauline, seeks aggravating revenge since the end of season 2. He also has somehow escaped the Dome. Even now, he is remaining off the deep end.

The 3rd season is set a year after the events of seasons 1-2, in which the ex residents of Chesters Mill seek refuge in Zenith, while the government has found out that The Egg, the source of The Dome, has crumbled, as a result of its self destruction and the resulting desolation of Chesters Mill.

The Dome was yet only the beginning because Big Jim has formed an alliance with a secretive government agency led by Barney's father. What will become of the former Chester's Mill civilians and their leading heroes, Barney, Sam, Jr, Nori, Julia, and Melanie? What now after the events inside The Dome? Will Angie and Dot (Dodie) somehow return from the dead, not like other dead civilians in Chester's Mill?

Under The Dome Season 3 Set-Up Confirmed As Series Gambles On Renewal
    Season 2 will end on a major cliffhanger ; Season 3 is to create the idea of a new world & a broadening of the scope of the show, Season 2 finale is designed to hint at where the show is going to go & what the new mythology is gonna be like

Advertisement