Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I found it funny how Barbie told hem to keep a low profile yet the 2 who went into town are supposedly dead while the 2 who stayed by the lake would get away with wandering the town with no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭squonk

It wasn't so much that Jim didn't give a crap about the townsfolk, I know he doesn't but he does give a crap about Junior and he started out clearly saying "I can get you the egg". He didn't even make any kind of show of putting it up to the army along the lines of "Well, if Junior doesn't come with me I'll steal the egg and fúck it in the lake. How you like them apples bitch?". Deeply lazy writing. Hacks me off that Longmire has been dropped and ****e like this keeps going!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

They're stuck there forever again lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

How many contrived plot devices were there in that episode?

So being out in the freezing cold for a few minutes is supposedly enough to give you frostbite, yet being in a freezing lake is okay? And maybe I'm wrong, but surely lifting a steel can without gloves in that weather would be a bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So being out in the freezing cold for a few minutes is supposedly enough to give you frostbite, yet being in a freezing lake is okay? And maybe I'm wrong, but surely lifting a steel can without gloves in that weather would be a bad idea.

There's a very simple explanation for that and it 100% makes perfectly logical sense, it's all part of the eggs plan.

The stupidity of every one in the show really showed itself this week.

*lights go dim and the heaters all turn off* Group: "What happened?"

Come one guys, I know ye're all idiots with the collective IQ of a half eaten cabbage but do you really need nerdy scientist girl, who talks like a robot at times, to figure this one out. Next week the big yellow ball in the sky will disappear and scientist girl will have to inform them all that it's night time.

Their plan to stay warm was just straight up ingenious. Hey, should we maybe get in to a smallish room and heat that up with our limited power? Nah, let's waste all our power heating up this massive hallway, which also has an entrance to a massive cave in it and then once our power runs out, we'll go into the small room. Also, Jim leaves to get more fuel as the power runs out and the dome is at its coldest. Could you not have done that a few hours ago, Jim. You're the type of asshole who goes to the shop 5 minutes before closing time, aren't you Jim.

The guy whose wife died reminded me of this too.

hands.jpg

There's a very simple explanation for that and it 100% makes perfectly logical sense, it's all part of the eggs plan.

The stupidity of every one in the show really showed itself this week.

*lights go dim and the heaters all turn off* Group: "What happened?"

Come one guys, I know ye're all idiots with the collective IQ of a half eaten cabbage but do you really need nerdy scientist girl, who talks like a robot at times, to figure this one out. Next week the big yellow ball in the sky will disappear and scientist girl will have to inform them all that it's night time.

Ah, of course. How could I forget that logic. The egg and the dome they claim is protecting them, even though I'm sure the mortality rate in that town has risen over the past few weeks. Great protection.

Maybe they were all hoping someone would stand up with a plug in their hand, say "My bad" and plug it in again to bring all the power back

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I gave up on this after Ep2 of S2. I enjoyed the first season but was shocked by how bad EP2 was so gave up.

Has it improved at all or worth going back to?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching this I somehow always think of the infinite monkey theorem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh well, I really enjoyed that episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I've a strong urge to buy a prius.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but.....
    Have they ever touched on the sticky issue that
    Barbie killed Julia's husband?
    I have seen all the episodes but maybe I missed something subtle?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think she was angry with him for about an hour and he had to sleep on the couch for a night before he was back in her bed, par for the course with Under the Dome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thargor wrote: »
    I think she was angry with him for about an hour and he had to sleep on the couch for a night before he was back in her bed, par for the course with Under the Dome!

haha she found out? As in, 'you killed my husband last week, it is anight on the sofa for you' ??!!

Yeah pretty much straight away in S1 if I recall, he didnt even get kicked out of the house...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They clearly have no idea what they want to do with the show, its all over the place and they are just picking random plot lines. Its like all the writers each pick 5 stupid plots, put them all into a hat, and then just a pick a few out and say, let's mash an episode together with this!

When Julia said she doesn't believe the dome would kill them all, instead of Rebecca saying sarcastically about her visions, she should've just started listing everyone who died.

And as was pointed out in a review I read, is it really a surprise that the crazy person did something crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

That's some job that bandage is doing on Julia's leg, considering she had a metal rod go right through it just yesterday.

Well she is quick at recovering from things whether it's a potentially life threatening leg injury or losing her husband

The show is just pure ridiculous at this point. It's like a random shít situation of the week now. Two things just made me laugh out loud this week.
    First was the teacher making a big deal with Jim about the calculations she was doing to estimate the length of time required for the dome to shrink, destroying everything in the town. With her very next breath she finishes the calc and comes out with "We haven't very long at all". Well! No shít Sherlock! I could have told you that without any calculations!

Julia to Barbie seeing a picture of her hubby. "Are you going to bring that?", "No, that was my old life!". It was only 2-3 weeks ago Julia! FFS!!! BTW have you forgotten Barbie killed your husband?

We also seem to have a new Asian kid that'll likely become a regular. I don't' think I've seen him before. I could be wrong.

What happened at the end with the egg? I'd just installed iOS 8 and was more entertained by that rather than this silliness. I gathered dead girl got swallowed up by the ground. Dwight Yoakham obv. tried to kill Pauline and Jim bumped him off?

• Advertisement

By asian kid, I take it you mean the one who saw the guy being crushed? He pops up every now and again. He's Joe's friend who used to carry a skateboard, if I remember correctly, and kept saying things like "Dude".

The egg was going to be brought back by Barbie's dad but the military guys stopped him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

About a year ago, a new TV show crashed down on my house, cutting me off from the rest of the world. Why I wached it or what nonsense lay ahead I still don't know. Every week it test my limits, bringing out the best and the worst in me. My wife says I'll be stuck watching it forever. But I will never stop fighting to figure out why I bother with this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

DubTony wrote: »
    About a year ago, a new TV show crashed down on my house, cutting me off from the rest of the world. Why I wached it or what nonsense lay ahead I still don't know. Every week it test my limits, bringing out the best and the worst in me. My wife says I'll be stuck watching it forever. But I will never stop fighting to figure out why I bother with this rubbish.

The Dome is testing you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

youngblood wrote: »
    I've a strong urge to buy a prius.........

Yes me too, I might research it using my trusty Microsoft Surface tablet.

Reminds me of this whenever they do it:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Summing up the finale: :rolleyes:

Oh look - the walls of that cave are glowing - it must be the way out. Let's go back to town (without checking it out to be completely sure) and tell everyone that we've found a way out. The glow could be the fiery pits of hell, radioactive rocks, or worse, but hey.... let's all blindly drag everyone in there to see what happens.

I did like Jim finally (and irrevocably) showing his true colours - I don't really see him being accepted back now.

Has it been confirmed for season 3?

Mr E wrote: »

Has it been confirmed for season 3?

Let's hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Is this the first show in history, where the people who watched it religiously, prayed it would be cancelled ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Haven't read anything else in this thread for fear of spoilers but was wondering if the 2nd season is worth watching? I watched up until episode 2 of season 2 and then got annoyed because it just seemed to be dragging on (Like the book!). Is it left open for a 3rd season or is it wrapped up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Multiple cliffhangers, no explanations about the dome (yet).

Advertisement