Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I dunno.

A major twist indeed but its still as muddled as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭squonk

Rapidly losing interest. Barbie is now out of the dome looking to go back in. TBH make a serious drama with people in a confined area running out of resources but leave it at that. Finding a way out strikes me as lazy writing at this stage. Why don't they all just jump out once Barbie gets back in now? End of show then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

squonk wrote: »
    Rapidly losing interest. Barbie is now out of the dome looking to go back in. TBH make a serious drama with people in a confined area running out of resources but leave it at that. Finding a way out strikes me as lazy writing at this stage. Why don't they all just jump out once Barbie gets back in now? End of show then!

It's a bit of plot movement,which is better than nothing, but I'm still not convinced it will get any better.

They won't be able to all jump out because they are going to bring in a nice little convenient plot point where something is going to happen to people who leave. Lloyd has already gone mad, Sam's hand has started to shake and he is holding it. So I reckon that is some plot point where they won't be allowed to leave in the real world :rolleyes:

They wont leave because they wont know to jump into the hole because for some inexplicable reason "the army" has made an impenetrable ten mile zone around the outside the dome. Of course dont expect him to approach The Army and tell them he's found a way out so they can tell the people inside. Oh no. I'm sure he'll have to arrange some kind of clandestine mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

squonk wrote: »
    I too thought the windmill was dumb. "We've to build a windmill! Who's with me?" cut to scene of working windmill! :). While all this was going on I couldn't help thinking of something very, very obvious. There's a lake there anyway so, in an enclosed space, how did the air ever get that dry that it needed to be vapourised to begin with? Put a glass of water under a jar and you'll see plenty of condensation on the jar over time!

The writers who thought that throwing some water on a windmill would eradicate the dust over an entire town in seconds probably don't know what condensation means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Glued in my seat in anticipation for tonight's show*

*May not be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This show is getting dumber and dumber. IGN's review made me laugh:
    IGN wrote:
    No, the worst part of this episode happened right at the beginning. A beginning that not only seemed to forget about how last week's episode ended (Wasn't Barbie's dad taking him into the woods to the door? Weren't Julia and the teens making a connection about the playground they saw?), but one that saw Barbie send a needlessly cryptic "leap of faith" email to Julia. When he could have sent the message "Julia. Tell everyone in Chester's Mill that there's a way out of the goddamn dome! Just fall into the hole! Everyone can leave!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres just something so wrong with the way they all talk to each other, is the script being written by a computer in Hollywood? the way they discuss killing other people etc...

It really is awful. I have no idea why we're still watching. Although we've evolved to having it on in the background rather than sitting in front of the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

It's **** poor alright.
    I'm watching it on the RTE player so not quite up to date.

Some of my annoyances:
    1. The science teacher talks in a 'nerd' voice half the time.
    2. Hank from Breaking Bad is terrible; just goes to show that an actor needs a good script and good direction to really do their best.
    3. Red haired girl has a permanent scowl on her face.
    4. The 'Stephen-Kingishness' of the town, 'Chester's Mill'. I read his books all through my teenage years so I just can't help associating the setting with the kind of book that I stopped reading 20 years ago.
    5. The story is going nowhere. No progression of the main central mystery, just random **** happening every week and then a whole new adventure the following week.

Can't wait for next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CB___

Good lord I don't know why I'm still watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I love how all this has played out over two or so weeks. People who didn't know each other are deeply in love and the town has gone between loving and hating Jim about fifteen times now. All in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah no.... let's be fair here.

It has been at least 2½ weeks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

With all the TV I have to watch I'm fairly sure I'm not gonna bother finishing this. I watched the first two episodes of the second season but I found myself getting frustrated with the first season up until the last couple of episodes. Sounds like this is going to be a chore to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah no.... let's be fair here.

It has been at least 2½ weeks at this stage.

Yeah in that time they've had what five sheriffs??

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres just something so wrong with the way they all talk to each other, is the script being written by a computer in Hollywood? the way they discuss killing other people etc...

yeah like in the last episode

Barbie (in disguise as scientist): What unit are you guys with?
    Soldier: Stick to your science!

Let's have a minute's silence for The Windmill please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Another show that I'll be dropping.. it's just meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I started Season 1 Episode 1 last week, and I've now caught up to the most recent episode in season 2. Actually, one more episode and I'll have caught up.

The show started really well, IMO. It seemed good quality stuff. But by episode 8, it was like some sh1tty children's / teen adult sci-fi tv movie. There were times I was dumbfounded by the stupidity and childishness of what I was seeing, and I was getting really pissed off and bored with it. I persevered though and I'm enjoying season 2, although I do feel like they're making it up as they go along, and it's all a bit of a mess. I'm still gripped, so I'll watch to the end of season 2. Whether or not I'll watch season 3 has yet to be decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its a kind of a show that its so bad you just have to keep watching it for some reason :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Its a kind of a show that its so bad you just have to keep watching it for some reason :)

But it started off being a show that's so GOOD you just have to keep watching! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

yeah like in the last episode

Barbie (in disguise as scientist): What unit are you guys with?
    Soldier: Stick to your science!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I think the tailoring of Big Jim's shirts has had a lot to do with public opinion of Chester's Mill and it's current sheriff crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

God bless that Julia she is well able to fill a pair of jeans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just as a matter of interest, is this similar to the novel at this point. Like is there outside the dome stuff in it?

How many more sheriffs need to die before Junior can take over. Even the Defence Against the Darks Arts teacher turnaround or Spinal Tap drummer turnaround was less than the Chester's Mill sheriff department.

Wonder how Big Jim will use this revelation to his advantage. Blame Julia for knowing about a way out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, is this similar to the novel at this point. Like is there outside the dome stuff in it?

Book spoiler
    They never go outside the dome but there is a lot more involvement with the army communicating with the inside, Barbie in particular.

I love the dialogue in this show- its like two writers separately write it and then they just mash it together

Lyle the pysco barber: when i went off the cliff, i woke up in some kids playground
    Sam the pyscho brother: That's the same thing that happened to me.
    Lyle: Did you see a red door.
    Sam: Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like how Barbie was able to close the door behind him and stack everything the way it was.
    Wonder why Barbie didn't start to show signs of a breakdown.

When Jim was denied bringing everyone, he should've asked "Why?"

Exactly! I nearly hit the telly when JIm just shrugged and started writing Me and My Son. What a boob! Instead of questioning even that denial he goes right ahead and goes Only Me then! What a negotiator! Fúcktard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

To be fair though, it's not like he ever actually gave a **** about the people in the town so I'm surprised he even asked about them in the first place.

Advertisement