Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

An Irish Epic.

Was it Xbox? Was it PS4? None? Both?
    richard-did-37.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Grayditch wrote: »
    An Irish Epic.

Was it Xbox? Was it PS4? None? Both?
    richard-did-37.jpeg

That film any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

There is now a forza day one edition instead of FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

gizmo wrote: »
    Are you referring to the HMZ-T2?

Actually, I think I got it mixed up with the Carl Zeiss Cinemizer, due to the fact that Carl Zeiss collaborate with Sony on camera lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    There is now a forza day one edition instead of FIFA.

FFs that is not helping me! :mad:

• Advertisement

Right, I am planing on getting that Killzone bundle, but there is one problem: that blue controller looks damn awesome.

The closer we are getting to the launch date, the harder its getting. :mad:

FFs that is not helping me! :mad:

Better option for me....hate soccer, not a racing fan either but tis a better option....lol, i assume this is a Forza 5 Day One Edition with tons of cars,tracks and content missing?

Stuff you'll no doubt pay the full retail prce for as DLC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Right, I am planing on getting that Killzone bundle, but there is one problem: that blue controller looks damn awesome.

The closer we are getting to the launch date, the harder its getting. :mad:

Other than amazon france has anyone else started offering it?

Varik wrote: »

Don't think so. Looks like those bundles are not officially launched, but we all know they are coming. Its just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Better option for me....hate soccer, not a racing fan either but tis a better option....lol, i assume this is a Forza 5 Day One Edition with tons of cars,tracks and content missing?

what? its the full game.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You're thinking of the Drive Club PSN+ edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Varik wrote: »

Amazon Germany are selling it too. They were selling that Killzone bundle for 474euros earlier today but it has since been changed back to 499.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Works out well then....i can see how the PS4 works for a week on Nov. 15th....then a week of how the X1 works, then on Nov. 29th when i go to buy i can decide which console i want :-)

Are you sure your pre-order will allow for that?
    Usually there's a limit of either 2 days or 7 days for you to collect it,or it'll be sold to someone else. Also,if you switch from one console to the other, you go to the back of the queue for that console

stevenmu wrote: »
    Are you sure your pre-order will allow for that?
    Usually there's a limit of either 2 days or 7 days for you to collect it,or it'll be sold to someone else. Also,if you switch from one console to the other, you go to the back of the queue for that console

I'm pretty sure i can walk into Smyths on the 29/30th and pick up an xbone one. I dont belive there will be a supply issue at all. Might not be a day one edition but i'm cool with that.

They'll probably have some form of bundle anyways, the PS4 will sell out....but my pre-order is locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I dunno, im not convinced. Besides the hacking element, it just looks like another GTA clone with no character.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Magill wrote: »
    I dunno, im not convinced. Besides the hacking element, it just looks like another GTA clone with no character.

Yeah, I'm kinda the same. The hacking looks like it may be a bit too pervasive as well. Look at all the WiFi points there were in just that small area, think how long it would take to hack a whole city's worth. Also, that you are being hacked feature could be a pain in the ass if you are in the middle of doing something like a mission or one of those events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The game to me is a lot like the first Assassins Creed, they created an interesting concept and world. But I haven't a clue who the character is & it looks very one note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I don't think it looks much like GTA at all, as the poster above me mentioned, I'd say it's far closer to something like Assassin's Creed. I'm certainly interested though, it's an idea that hasn't been tried before and it looks fairly original so I'd say I'll be getting it.

Not looking forward to Ubi shaking it down for sequels, as they are wont to do, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

GTR63 wrote: »
    The game to me is a lot like the first Assassins Creed, they created an interesting concept and world. But I haven't a clue who the character is & it looks very one note.

A toss up between watchdogs and AC for which I'll buy, after seeing the latest clips of ac4 it looks great, seems more open world ed and the new combat system looks great,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭thegame983

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    A toss up between watchdogs and AC for which I'll buy, after seeing the latest clips of ac4 it looks great, seems more open world ed and the new combat system looks great,

Presuming Watchdogs gets good reviews I'll get it. TBH I'm done with Assassin's Creed. As much as enjoyed Brotherhood (which was alot - I love anything Rome related). after I completed it I felt that I had enough of the mechanics. Added to that the next two games wern't as good.

New generation of console needs a new generation of games. Give me something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

As a long time Xbox fan I feel betrayed. At the E3 launch everything they revealed felt like it was the idea of a man in a suit to appeal to men in suits - not the gamers themselves. To defend their DRM policies and other 'features' they were spouting things about how they couldn't change any of it because it was all built into the hardware and then bam, months later they are back tracking so much I think they are going to be relaunching the XBox360 so they clearly lied to us as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

madness98 wrote: »
    As a long time Xbox fan I feel betrayed. At the E3 launch everything they revealed felt like it was the idea of a man in a suit to appeal to men in suits - not the gamers themselves. To defend their DRM policies and other 'features' they were spouting things about how they couldn't change any of it because it was all built into the hardware and then bam, months later they are back tracking so much I think they are going to be relaunching the XBox360 so they clearly lied to us as well.

If you are so heartbroken don't get a new console and get a ps4. Dont understand why people let a corporation get them mad. Just don't buy there product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I've made my decision on how I'll choose which I go for, I'm going to wait a few months after their release and see what sort of bundles/deals become available (neither have launch titles that I'm particularly interested in and when I buy a new console i'd ideally like to get 2-3 games with it). Also will be able to review if there are any early hardware issues with either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They never said it was built into the hardware, unless of course you took Major Nelson's "switch" comment literally. They claimed their digital policies were build around the idea of frequent online connectivity which, when you look at what they were aiming to do with regards mandatory installs of games, registering them to accounts, not needing the disc anymore and then setting up their trade-in program with authorised stores, makes sense. The removal of (most of) these systems, at least at launch, would have demonstrated this I would have thought?

gizmo wrote: »
    They never said it was built into the hardware, unless of course you took Major Nelson's "switch" comment literally. They claimed their digital policies were build around the idea of frequent online connectivity which, when you look at what they were aiming to do with regards mandatory installs of games, registering them to accounts, not needing the disc anymore and then setting up their trade-in program with authorised stores, makes sense. The removal of (most of) these systems, at least at launch, would have demonstrated this I would have thought?

I guess so. I'm almost sure I heard him say they were built into the hardware unless though I could be wrong.

You touched on another thing that I was wondering about as well, and that is whether or not some time into the XBone's lifespan they will reintroduce these changes via software updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I think they are going to be relaunching the XBox360 so they clearly lied to us as well.

Lied about what? They're releasing a new model. That was never a secret like.

JoePie wrote: »
    Lied about what? They're releasing a new model. That was never a secret like.

You got the context of that wrong. I meant it as a sort of joke at how much back tracking they've done. The lied part was referring to them saying about how they said they couldnt change any of it but then did.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭thegame983

As a long time Xbox fan I feel betrayed.

I think with the release of a new console you/ me/ all of us, need to drop any sense of fanboyism that we may have. You need to evaluate your options and make the best choice for you, not the best best choice for the company that produced your last generation console.

I went from Megadrive -> Saturn -> N64 -> Dreamcast -> PS2 -> XBOX -> XBOX360 & PS3 -> Gaming PC

As you can see I had a small infinity for Sega consoles in the early days but after they flopped I truely couldn't care which company I bought from just which gave me the best product.

I'm gonna hold off until next year (maybe around the release of Titanfall?) and make a descision based on what has happened in the preceding months.

If you feel that Microsoft has let you down then vote with your wallet and don't buy their products, but don't think Sony are the second coming of Jesus they're just playing nice cause they got their ass handed to them (in the US at least) in the last generation, but for the love of god don't just blindly buy a console because your a fan of a company. I did that with the Sega saturn/ Dreamcast. Great consoles but a year or 2 later they didn't exist anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have gone Megadrive, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3 and now PS4, with handhelds thrown in along the way. Sony would of had to have made some epic mistakes for me not to get a PS4, the XBOX was never a option and offers me nothing new over the PS4 and after owning the 3 previous consoles I know what I am going to get with it. I have never had one issue with any console I owned and they all still work, if Sega made a console after a the Dreamcast, I would of got that as well.

Advertisement