Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    They can still sell it on adverts or eBay in fairness.

Come on ShadowHearth, you're better than that. :D

Surely you cant sell on digital stuff on your Xbox? Or there will be some sort of cd key?

Ah no, I am really excited about it. I honestly cant wait for my ps4. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I presume they're going to give a code. Unless it's preloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Surely you cant sell on digital stuff on your Xbox? Or there will be some sort of cd key?
    It's been "confirmed" as being a code you receive with the console, probably a cardboard insert in a slim DVD case type job.
    Ah no, I am really excited about it. I honestly cant wait for my ps4. :p
    With Forza running at 1080 @ 60fps I thought you'd be all over that first. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    It's been "confirmed" as being a code you receive with the console, probably a cardboard insert in a slim DVD case type job.

With Forza running at 1080 @ 60fps I thought you'd be all over that first. :)

Ah, dont remind me that. I want xbox one only for forza, but brain in me kicks in and pushes me back to ps4, which is a lot better package overall with me owning Vita already.
    I am planing on getting xbox one as soon as i can financially. I might be a prick PC gamer, but I still love games! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ah, dont remind me that. I want xbox one only for forza, but brain in me kicks in and pushes me back to ps4, which is a lot better package overall with me owning Vita already.
    I am planing on getting xbox one as soon as i can financially. I might be a prick PC gamer, but I still love games! ;)

i bought a vita a few days back and it has made my mind up that when i eventually do buy a console it'll definately be the ps4. The interaction between the 2 devices sounds great. Ill miss the games that made me choose xbox 360 originally like halo and gears of war in particular but as you say sometimes you have to go with your head......even if it probably wont be until 2014/15 for my next gen purchase. Vita will do me until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Sony set to unviel an Oculus Rift-esque peripheral in the near future.
    Sony plans to enter the virtual reality gaming space in a big way with PlayStation 4, Eurogamer can reveal.

Amid the growing popularity of the Oculus Rift VR headset among the development community and a small number of gamers, Sony has been working on a rival device for its next-gen console, and it is on track to be revealed in 2014.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Has there been any mention of Xbone/PS4 being able to copy mp3s/videos onto the harddrive via USB (like the PS3, unlike the 360)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Has there been any mention of Xbone/PS4 being able to copy mp3s/videos onto the harddrive via USB (like the PS3, unlike the 360)?

Does anybody expect that to not be supported? Surprised it wasn't supported on the 360, seems like a major downside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I don't expect it. These companies are all pushing for us to keep media in their cloud and stream to local devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

For me New Japan ppvs :)
    A gaming headset pft just get the Rift working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Does anybody expect that to not be supported? Surprised it wasn't supported on the 360, seems like a major downside.

Yeah, I expect MS will just continue to push it's online services (Netflix etc) and I'm weary that Sony would do that as well. It'll factor in buying a new console. It's either that or keeping the PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I do remember seeing Sony working on their own headpiece sort of like that already a few months back. There's actually already footage of it in action too. It wasn't planned as a gaming device though, they showed it being used in a more commercial way and the people using it would be architects doing 3D modeling of buildings and stuff.

I'd like to see some bloody FLAC support. Despite using 320kbps MP3s on my PS3, with the speakers I've got it really started to show it's problems playing from the PS3. I greatly doubt we'll see it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

And I'm officially paid off for my PS4, Assassins Creed and Lego Marvel! I'll probably leave Watch Dogs until the new year, since I'm in my final year in college, and I'm not getting the console until Christmas anyway!

C14N wrote: »
    I do remember seeing Sony working on their own headpiece sort of like that already a few months back. There's actually already footage of it in action too. It wasn't planned as a gaming device though, they showed it being used in a more commercial way and the people using it would be architects doing 3D modeling of buildings and stuff.
    Are you referring to the HMZ-T2?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vladicaris

Will wait to see which is better ,tiny ps4 or fat boy xone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm torn between deciding between the 2.

I DON'T KNOW!!!

So my end result would be;

Get the PS4, and once the price for the XB1 drops I'll get that too.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

For those interested... Microsoft are announcing the release date for the Xbox One at 2pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Right in between PS4 Us and UK launches, hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was hoping the 8th was the right day - an extra 14 days to wait now! DAMN IT.

79 to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

On the plus side only a week between xbox day and pay day, so won't be skint for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well at least that's done with.

As I said before the release date was never going to matter unless there was a month's difference.

For the sake of a week, surely no one would pick the opposite console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

tok9 wrote: »
    Well at least that's done with.

As I said before the release date was never going to matter unless there was a month's difference.

For the sake of a week, surely no one would pick the opposite console.

They would not be able to anyway, very few XBOX One Day One Editions left out there for pre-order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

22nd....in the US or Europe?, or both?

22nd....in the US or Europe?, or both?

From the official statement here...
    The November 22 date applies to 13 regional markets—Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and USA—with more to follow in 2014.

Works out well then....i can see how the PS4 works for a week on Nov. 15th....then a week of how the X1 works, then on Nov. 29th when i go to buy i can decide which console i want :-)

It'd be hilarious if Richard ends up coming home with a Nintendo 2Ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭thegame983

Wow. The fact that they can't beat the PS4 release in the states or get it out on the same date as COD doesn't fill me with confidence

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    It'd be hilarious if Richard ends up coming home with a Nintendo 2Ds.

or a wii u.......:eek:

Advertisement