Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2 (v2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Ah yeah, you get summer holidays....

I figured I'd get that comment. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I figured I'd get that comment. :rolleyes:
    It doesn't matter, cos I do too! Muahahahah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I'm happy enough with DayZ+ till the standalone comes out. Have any of you guys played the DayZ+ mod? It's honestly great. I found a Green mountain bike which goes about 36km off road... yeah bit crazy and it makes no noise, tried raid NW airfield so I hid it in a tree then got killed on my way to try find it again :>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Okay guys.

Will I be able to play ARMA II on this old hardware. Nothing new before the summer I'm afraid.

Core2Duo 2.6Ghz
    6GB Ram
    Nvidia GT240 GPU

Plays Mass Effect 2 / Metro 2033 / Company Of Heroes / Saints Row 3 fairly well on medium/high settings. ARMAII too much for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

BX 19 wrote: »
    Okay guys.

Will I be able to play ARMA II on this old hardware. Nothing new before the summer I'm afraid.

Core2Duo 2.6Ghz
    6GB Ram
    Nvidia GT240 GPU

Plays Mass Effect 2 / Metro 2033 / Company Of Heroes / Saints Row 3 fairly well on medium/high settings. ARMAII too much for it?
    Well up to 7 moths ago I played on core2duo and it worked. If you play Metro on Medium/High then it would because Metro hogs up gpu :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

BX 19 wrote: »
    Okay guys.

Core2Duo 2.6Ghz
    6GB Ram
    Nvidia GT240 GPU

There's a free version of Arma II that you can download from the Bohemia Interactive website.

It will restrict you to lower graphical settings and some less than detailed textures, but it will give you a sense of the kind of performance you could expect before you take the dive and pay for a full copy.

Saying that, you might struggle with a dual core processor when running Arma.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Thanks guys, I was not aware of the free version, I'll give it a go and see what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just following on from the poster above asking about spec hope you don't mind me offering up mine. i7, 8 gb ram and nvidia 330m, laptop by the way. What would be he most efficient way or running it or should I just drop all setting to get a good fps? Not are about anti analysing etc or what they are or mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just following on from the poster above asking about spec hope you don't mind me offering up mine. i7, 8 gb ram and nvidia 330m, laptop by the way. What would be he most efficient way or running it or should I just drop all setting to get a good fps? Not are about anti analysing etc or what they are or mean

Your laptop could certainly run Arma II at a reasonable detail level.

The best approach is to simply jump into the game and raise/lower the settings until you set upon a decent framerate. One thing I will say is you should immediately disable "post processing"; It looks horrible and saps the framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

DeSelby83 wrote: »

What fps are you getting at the moment ? this game is all about the cpu the gpu doent have a huge impact on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What fps are you getting at the moment ? this game is all about the cpu the gpu doent have a huge impact on it
    I haven't really tried it yet, was more wondering about weather it is worth giving a go if my laptop can handle it, nothing worse than getting a game and then it not running decently on laptop. Will try the free version and see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I logged into dayz again recently, I had not played it in almost a year I think.
    Was really suprised I spawned with all my gear. So off to a good start. I had a look around elektro. Say 2 bandits at the factory so fired a few shots. One of them logged out then a little later when I fired at his friend he logged also.
    So nothing new there.

A friend of mine got the game so the day after I decided to play a game with him. I logged into another server. Within 30 seconds I was warped to the airfield with some guy spawning an apache helicopter. He killed me.
    I played on to try to meet up with my friend, while helicopters were fighting overhead. Long story short all player on map were warped to the same location.
    Most people died. Lost all items again.

Has something happened since I stopped playing. The game seems unplayable right now. The server was not on a private hive. I was just playing standard dayz on chernarus.

Where did I go wrong? All advice welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

tuxy wrote: »
    I logged into dayz again recently, I had not played it in almost a year I think.
    Was really suprised I spawned with all my gear. So off to a good start. I had a look around elektro. Say 2 bandits at the factory so fired a few shots. One of them logged out then a little later when I fired at his friend he logged also.
    So nothing new there.

A friend of mine got the game so the day after I decided to play a game with him. I logged into another server. Within 30 seconds I was warped to the airfield with some guy spawning an apache helicopter. He killed me.
    I played on to try to meet up with my friend, while helicopters were fighting overhead. Long story short all player on map were warped to the same location.

Has something happened since I stopped playing. The game seems unplayable right now. The server was not on a private hive. I was just playing standard dayz on chernarus.

Aafter playing for a month, I haven't come across one hacker yet. I mainly go to medium to low population private hives and normally they seem to be run fairly well. Playing a bit of the 2017 map at the moment. Far less loot but surprisingly haven't come across one bandit yet.

I tried again, different server. I got over to cerno and just as I was about to get supplies I got warped to the east side of elektro, I met up with a friendly player near here. But soon after that I just fell over with a broken leg while walking in a warehouse.

I restarted and just went north to stary. Just as I was about to check out the market I got the broken leg again. People on side chat told me it's a bug.
    I crawled to the tent and managed to get morphine.

So there I am, not sure what to do next if it's not hackers it's bugs.

If I go low pop server it's just me running for hours on my own.

Yet another server and I decied to walk from stary to nw airfield.
    I got warped to krutoy cap and had someone shooing at me as soon as I warped in.

So public servers are totally out of bounds unless you use cheats?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yes dont go near public servers. Theres absolutely no advantage to playing on one. All you do is get messed around by hackers. Register for a whitelist on some private hives & play. MyDayZ.de, BMRF.me, DayZ+ etc

Probably the best DayZ IRL video I have seen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTmU-fvZXE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Really well made. Would love them to do a full film

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

tuxy wrote: »
    So nothing new there.

There's a collection of Hives that are tagged with "MYDAYZ"
    you need to register at mydayz.de and they require a phone number so they can text you a registration code.
    I was a little wary of handing out the the phone number but after a few devastating hacks I'd had enough.
    I've been using them now exclusively and I haven't looked back.

Their servers are very responsive (no redchaining/inventory lag) and combat logging is punished by permaban.

It's the only way to go really.

Still have weapons and ammo nerfed by the inventory system but that's not a server issue and it can be avoided if you're super careful.

It takes about 8 hours to be whitelisted but it's well worth it.

Seriously what is the craic with all the script kiddies coming straight onto dayz and getting hacks straight away? I swear to god almost every hacker is like 12 :(

• Advertisement

Lol did you get this from a Dayz Facebook Page?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

or kotaku...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

or Corridor Digitals channel, you should check the rest of their stuff out if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Holy sh1t! that was good

simon360 wrote: »
    Lol did you get this from a Dayz Facebook Page?

No, I rarely use facebook. I've been subbed to CorridorDigital since they did that Frozen Crossing video a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Really looking forward to finally getting into DayZ, got a decent laptop. Intel Core i5 2.5ghz, 8 gig ram, AMD Radeon HD 7550M/7650M should do the job right? Always watched streams of DayZ on twitch and it looks like such a fun game. Hopefully catch some of you on a server soon.

No, I rarely use facebook. I've been subbed to CorridorDigital since they did that Frozen Crossing video a few years ago.

ah I see, their video on "The Glitch" is pretty damn funny but enough on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone played DayZ Origins yet? Im loving it atm, have no one to team up with so I can say bye bye to getting to sector b or whatever its called :P Ive seen it in videos and it looks unreal I must say, even better at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone played DayZ Origins yet? Im loving it atm, have no one to team up with so I can say bye bye to getting to sector b or whatever its called :P Ive seen it in videos and it looks unreal I must say, even better at night.

I'm playing it right now if you want to hop on skype or something!?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just hopped off man! What server you on?

Advertisement