Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2 (v2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant figure out who might be the biggest kids that admin or you guys going on to troll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

trying rMod on my server - exiting !

rMod is pretty cool - anyone has much experience building bases already ?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

rMod is pretty cool - anyone has much experience building bases already ?

Did it on my server a while back, although the company from which we were renting had a menu which was clunky as hell and was a right pain in the arse. Whats the name? Might log on.

still learning the all thing really - but that's the one :)

b_560_95_1.png

• Advertisement

still learning the all thing really - but that's the one :)

b_560_95_1.png

Oooooh crap..... Dayz.st right?

Just an update on EHD server... got banned because I blew the admin base up which has 40 m107, 50 lrr etc. When I said I blew it up they claimed I was a hacker and banned me....

simon360 wrote: »
    Oooooh crap..... Dayz.st right?

yup ! it's just a try really, and they are cheap as chips :)

Their menu is ok - the map is good for basic stuff, and there is DB access - which is all what i need really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

subbed to the new thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Haha I'm 16 hour banned for saying that admins are crap at arma , admin your mainly looking for is called seven (might relate to his age).

Ill definitely be checking this out.

Think I just had the best experience in dayz! Playing Taviana with a Guy from my year and all of a sudden we see a ghillie and his mate sniping into a town so my mate snipes one and the other runs so we persue, He gets himself into a compound with one entrance so I throw a smoke about 5 m in front of him to cover my entrance and then burst fire him; 2 dead. On side channel the give co-ords of the compound (in which me and my friend are in now). Admin clan surrounds us on elevated hill with snipers but with the power of crouch a 3rd person (weak I know :P) we managed to poke out and kill everyone just with 1 cz and 1 g36c. Total kill count added to 12 bodies and 2 deserters, my nerves are gone after it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Good Work!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Think I just had the best experience in dayz! ...

Brilliant stuff, I miss all these stories, its exactly what drew me to the thread in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Isla Duala is working now in Dayz.

http://icebreakr.info/ makes the best maps for Arma, better than BI in some cases.

Worth downloading all of his maps tbh, they are brilliant. He had the wasteland type of idea years ago but never followed tru with it. His Jade Groove map is a futuristic Mad Max type map.

Isla Duala is the best map in Armaverse. icebreakr updated the map recently to fix some things not sure if the Dayz version has been updated to that one.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Isla Duala is working now in Dayz.

http://icebreakr.info/ makes the best maps for Arma, better than BI in some cases.

Worth downloading all of his maps tbh, they are brilliant. He had the wasteland type of idea years ago but never followed tru with it. His Jade Groove map is a futuristic Mad Max type map.

Isla Duala is the best map in Armaverse. icebreakr updated the map recently to fix some things not sure if the Dayz version has been updated to that one.

Installed it but when I join a server (3 servers I saw so far :() it says you are running an incorrect version of DAYZ_CODE (you are 1.7.4.4 and server is 1.1). DOes this mean that the server is running an old version or did i do something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Installed it but when I join a server (3 servers I saw so far :() it says you are running an incorrect version of DAYZ_CODE (you are 1.7.4.4 and server is 1.1). DOes this mean that the server is running an old version or did i do something wrong?

http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/dayzisladuala-download-installation-and-official-server-thread.6888/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Not playing at the moment (thread elsewhere on why)

but this popped up on kotaku

and perhaps its the dayz player deep inside me, but I got halfway before giving up on them.

Bandit's would completely destroy their plans. More so now that they publicly told everyone where their camp is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Are they coming up with any knew way to prevent hackers/cheaters/scripters in the standalone? Battleye is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

MadYaker wrote: »
    Are they coming up with any knew way to prevent hackers/cheaters/scripters in the standalone? Battleye is a joke.

The mission scripts won't work at all, it now uses a more MMO based server architecture so you won't be able to spawn in weapons and stuff as everything will go through the server first, and it uses Steam VAC.

• Advertisement

Wow battleyes new ultra good update was hacked with a bypass on the first day, now there is more hackers than before(even on private hives) I swear I've been teleported 6 times already since Saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

hey fella's i'm back playing after taking a big break. Do you's still use teamspeak, if so can someone PM me the teamspeak stuff so i can meet up with you's in game for some fun.

thanks

Squid

If anyone is interested some guys are running an amateur hunger games server on Saturday night. I won't be able to play unfortunately but I'd imagine its great fun if someone here wants to play. You need to sign up in teams of two.

http://www.zerosurvival.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=92

New big tumblr update, some very nice looking pictures. I very much like the comparison shot between Arma 2 engine and the DayZ engine.

I also like the new zombie model, and broken car models suit better now than the rusty parts of cars.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/41444643504/this-is-the-first-update-when-i-have-sat-down-and

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Im going to be a bit pessimistic and say this wont release for another two or three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

_vti wrote: »
    Im going to be a bit pessimistic and say this wont release for another two or three months.

thats pessimistic???

If I want to be pessimistic I would have said end of the year...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I would say a couple more after that too

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

One wonders why he ever mentioned a 2012 release date. Everyone pretty much knew that it was never going to be released in 2012 and I'd say we could be waiting until April/May for a release at this stage.

Honestly I'm happy as long as its out in time to play for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Honestly I'm happy as long as its out in time to play for the summer.

Ah yeah, you get summer holidays....

Advertisement