Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2 (v2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

ALWAYS shoot people that try to help you :P

Edit: @Simon360 have you got any decent chernaurs servers that you play on? Or even a DayZ+ one?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

My new pet hate is helping out a little new spawn with a makkie, maybe even giving him a lift and i get shot by Mr. John Rambo of Makarovs trying to kill me, few m14 shots sort him out tho. :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    ALWAYS shoot people that try to help you :P

Edit: @Simon360 have you got any decent chernaurs servers that you play on? Or even a DayZ+ one?

Eh yeah found a decent one yesterday about 25 or so players called uk apocalypse. BMRF servers are full of American D-bags that complain in side. Try out Dayzero, its quite good

EDIT: uk apocalypse is pretty dead atm, I'll try look for other ones I joined, Hostile Takeover server is pretty decent also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Danoman

Hi guys,

I've been playing DayZ for a few weeks now and have gotten sick to the teeth of being shot on sight or betrayed for a tin of beans every time i try to group up. I'm wondering can any of you recommend a decent server with a few friendlies in it.

I have TS and Skype, and I'm just looking for a good group to run with every now and then.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Laviski

Danoman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been playing DayZ for a few weeks now and have gotten sick to the teeth of being shot on sight or betrayed for a tin of beans every time i try to group up. I'm wondering can any of you recommend a decent server with a few friendlies in it.

I have TS and Skype, and I'm just looking for a good group to run with every now and then.

Cheers

welcome to dayZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I got that feeling too, found some pretty sound people whilst playing wasteland and teamed up with them on day z after we got bored :) I generally don't trust anyone on day z, I done it so many times and got betrayed and my mates gave me stick for it, so i stopped trusting everyone. I really would have liked to play this back when it wasnt full of douchèbags :p

Taviana is a map where people betray people less I found, the other day I spawned and some sound bloke gave me a ride in his chopper to west island, I now have a little bird, Ural and 4 tents full with guns. All depends on the chances you want to take! If someone tries to help you do not shoot them in the back of the head like bizmark did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Finally looks like I might get my first crack at it tonight, looking forward to 30mins of frustrating death.

• Advertisement

Dayz I44...... LOLWUT

EDIT: http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page Wow I think this will be the closest the mod will get to really realistic. Check that out! Going to download now!

Great game of it tonight, fecking tough though! Video to come soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Finally looks like I might get my first crack at it tonight, looking forward to 30mins of frustrating death.

Won't be 30 min of death it will be 30 mins of hiking then death then 30 mins of hiking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

simon360 wrote: »
    Dayz I44...... LOLWUT

EDIT: http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page Wow I think this will be the closest the mod will get to really realistic. Check that out! Going to download now!
    This looks decent.Have it downloaded but can't get in til they open the whitelist again.Was watching one of the devs play on twitch and he said they're hoping to get it up on dayz commander soon.

Oh its just amazing because I can get a priest skin. No in all fairness a lot of work has gone into this, you can lock cars but people can still access gear, you can lockpick cars, buy attachments for weapons (I think its buggy atm so its taken out) and get pratically any skin in ARMA 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

http://www.arma3.com/buy

I am very tempted to get the $70 version. Bohemia Interactive are on a very short list of devs who I have a lot of respect for.

http://www.arma3.com/buy

I am very tempted to get the $70 version. Bohemia Interactive are on a very short list of devs who I have a lot of respect for.

Very much thinking about that as well, For that price you cannot go wrong! Also for the hardship that Ivan and the rest of the team went through!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Generally hate these digital deluxe b/s packages but for Arma 3, I'll make an exception.

Yeah deffo getting the €70 version

• Advertisement

Oh the excitement for a wasteland mod for it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'll probably only get the 25$ one, don't have the money for 70$ one right now.

Oh the excitement for a wasteland mod for it haha
    Well seeing as it's going to be released on Tuesday with modding ENABLED, I'll hopefully have a go at doing a Wasteland mission next weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Well seeing as it's going to be released on Tuesday with modding ENABLED, I'll hopefully have a go at doing a Wasteland mission next weekend. :D

You sure the current mission won't work straight away?

You sure the current mission won't work straight away?
    Doubtful. Having said that the majority of the code should be the same, but there are bound to be a lot of compatibility issues. Hopefully they'll actually make some useful documentation this time round.

1 problem for an alpha wasteland mod I don't think anyone has noticed is that there's only 8 vehicles in alpha, most of these will most likely be air/armored and only maybe 1 or 2 civ vehicles. Also only 12 weapons... Kinda will be hard to play with while there's not a huge range of things.

Ktulu do you go by Rinzler in game? I think im on the same dayz server as you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Ktulu do you go by Rinzler in game? I think im on the same dayz server as you

Yeah, that's Ktulu.

Might stinge some gear haha any of the rest of you on? I'm on my own tonight

• Advertisement

I do go by Rinzler sometimes yeah, havent played DayZ in a couple days though. What server?

Advertisement