Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2 (v2)

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Don't think so, the standalone was a blatant cash-in. There is a pretty decent mod for arma 3 though, although the zeds can spot you from miles away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yes a lot of people still play the mod. Not really the vanilla version but there are plenty of mods of the mod. Download this:

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Look for popular mods & download & play away. Epoch, Origins & Overwatch are the most played at the moment. Epoch being the most feature filled. Overwatch has awesome guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Look for popular mods & download & play away. Epoch, Origins & Overwatch are the most played at the moment. Epoch being the most feature filled. Overwatch has awesome guns.

I personally think Origins captured the post apocalyptic feel best though. The dev team for Origins did tons of work of modifying the Taviana map - new (and better looking) zombies, set pieces littering the map, better soundtrack, custom 'mad max' style vehicles, new areas/islands. More suited humanity system & house building that suits your playstyle (Hero/Bandit) NPC's were a nice touch as well but I think it would be awesome if they could allow NPC's to roam the map on foot.

In recent times they've added more open buildings and putting items on shelfs akin to the SA. Inventory system is rejigged allowing 2 primary weapons as well as your backpack and sidearm, you can also also find body armor.

There's supposed to be a big update coming out for v1.8 where I 'think' aliens are supposed to be a new enemy. Characters should also supposed to be getting skill development as well. I just hope the development continues considering Origins seems to have dropped a substantial amount of its servers.

I found Epoch to be way too Wastelandish in a way. If I wanted to drive a pink SUV around and have bases built upon each other I would just play Wasteland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Laviski

Cravez wrote: »
    I personally think Origins captured the post apocalyptic feel best though. The dev team for Origins did tons of work of modifying the Taviana map - new (and better looking) zombies, set pieces littering the map, better soundtrack, custom 'mad max' style vehicles, new areas/islands. More suited humanity system & house building that suits your playstyle (Hero/Bandit) NPC's were a nice touch as well but I think it would be awesome if they could allow NPC's to roam the map on foot.

In recent times they've added more open buildings and putting items on shelfs akin to the SA. Inventory system is rejigged allowing 2 primary weapons as well as your backpack and sidearm, you can also also find body armor.

There's supposed to be a big update coming out for v1.8 where I 'think' aliens are supposed to be a new enemy. Characters should also supposed to be getting skill development as well. I just hope the development continues considering Origins seems to have dropped a substantial amount of its servers.

I found Epoch to be way too Wastelandish in a way. If I wanted to drive a pink SUV around and have bases built upon each other I would just play Wasteland!

and that exactly their model for arma 3 - epoch that is.

the big issue next month for all arma 2 service is connecting when gamespy goes down.
    the ingame browser will be gone. so you need to browse for servers on dayz commander although i don't know if it will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody else download the latest OA beta patch through dayz commander?

Did it yesterday without thinking amd now dayz commander wont let me roll back versions. Keeps giving an error that theres a newer when i try to roll back. Anybody know how to fix that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Sometimes problems in OA could be solved by first launching arma 2 base game in steam and quit at the main menu. Then do the same for OA. Try rolling back after that perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thanks ill try that.

Got bored because of it and decided to finally download breaking point for arma 3. Was surprising,thought it may be a bit alpha but its actually quite stable. Ended up playing it since this morning till now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody else download the latest OA beta patch through dayz commander?

Did it yesterday without thinking amd now dayz commander wont let me roll back versions. Keeps giving an error that theres a newer when i try to roll back. Anybody know how to fix that?

Rename or delete your beta folder then install your desired version from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Advertisement