Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciaran kilkenny back for Dubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

freddiek wrote: »
    The Dub hurlers won a Leinster without Ciaran Kilkenny.

Perhaps a wise decision to focus on football. May not have got in the hurling team

You really bumped this thread just to take such a childish jab at a player?

That's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

brave?!! he took the easy way out here. brave would have been to stick it out over there for at least a while longer despite the natural inclination to be at home with your friends/family

you criticize the AFL but they gave the guy an opportunity to earn a living in professional sport, which he won't get with the GAA.
    stars like Kilkenny will always be accommodated and im sure he ll do a few years in college and walk into a nice teachers job. Its not like he had to leave for Australia for economic reasons

try looking at it from a neutral angle and apply some critique instead of from a dublin gaa perspective
    this was the first big test of his life and he has flunked it, no question. its always the easy option to quit and come home. He would have been in a lot of dressing-rooms listening to speeches about character and so on. hes not shown much here

dont your parents always tell u to stick it out and not give up at the first opportunity?

im sure his parents are happy to have him back but part of them and him will always wonder what if hed given it longer

and why did he agree to go in the first place? surely hed have spoken to guys that have gone over before to get good advice that would stop him making a rash decision..

the whole thing doesnt reflect well on him or whoever was advising him and its tough on the AFL club that went out of their way to recruit and im sure did everything they could to make him feel welcome
    the Australians must be pissed off. they made a big fuss of him and he has treated them like total mugs

this might influence their future recruitment here and professional sports-people like those involved in AR deserve better than the unprofessional attitude shown to it by Kilkenny
    what a massive bottle-job from him. got a lifetime opportunity that thousands of his peers would have killed for. packs it in after a few weeks

his opponents will rib him about this on the pitch too

why are you the way that you are

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

i was speculating whether he would have got in the hurling side. How is that "taking a jab"??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

i was speculating whether he would have got in the hurling side. How is that "taking a jab"??

Have a read of this:

http://fodh.ie/2013/05/dual-players-must-make-the-call-well-done-ciaran/#sthash.hYAYHesY.dpuf

Ciarán was probably right staying here after all. Do you think he had to pay for this himself??

https://twitter.com/CKKilkenny93/status/342679389491843072/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Ciarán was probably right staying here after all. Do you think he had to pay for this himself??

https://twitter.com/CKKilkenny93/status/342679389491843072/photo/1[/QUOTE]

Did he give you a hiding someday on the pitch or what?

Loads of players get sponsored cars- absolutely loads and it been going on since the 90s for godsake- so this isn't exactly ground breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Freddie - Who did he shag was it your sister or your girlfriend??

Build a bridge lad, your making a fool of yourself.

Freddie - Who did he shag was it your sister or your girlfriend??

Build a bridge lad, your making a fool of yourself.

premier, the stuff I wrote about Ciarán months ago was based on how I felt about his decision to leave Australia. I was quite critical at the time as u can see but I wasn't the only one. With the benefit of hindsight, I can see I might have said too much, back then. Perhaps I should just try and appreciate him while he's here and hopefully he develops into the the player many people said he would be. Far too early to judge though

And I'm disappointed he chose not to try the hurling this year. Hopefully he won't feel like that next year.

But I don't think its unreasonable to question whether he'd get in the team, based on how the Dubs performed against Kilkenny and Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Just stop. Grind your axe somewhere else.

I see the Golden Boy got MOM today. Thought Mannion should have had it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

he was class today...he turned the game in dublins favour in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

He was excellent today. If mayo were to meet Dublin ( only possible in final assuming Mayo beat London) if have serious reservations about Donie Vaughan marking him

I see the Golden Boy got MOM today.

I'm really starting to think he pissed in your cornflakes at some point in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

What an embarrassing page. Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Question, if Dublin wins Sam this year, do we think Kilkenny might change to the hurlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Good 2nd half from Kilkenny however i thought Mannion should have got MOTM today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    he was class today...he turned the game in dublins favour in the 2nd half.

He was unfortunately :(
    Hard to believe hes still so young.
    Future is bright for the dubs (also unfortunately:D)

Things are looking up for the royals a bit, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

just come back from the game and thought he had a great game and fully deserved MOTM...Mannion had a good game , I agree but GOLDEN BOY ? Build a bridge!

He was unslefish in his play and made lots of chances for other players. His pas for Paul Flynn goal from the free was sublime and was one of many passes he made...get over it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I'm torn between laughing at you and pity :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Someone told me a stat, KK 33 possessions, next best was 13

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Someone told me a stat, KK 33 possessions, next best was 13

TV3 displayed something along those lines during coverage alright.

• Advertisement

the Dubs are lucky to have him. Hasn't a drop of dublin blood in him

"Little known Ciarán Kilkenny fact here: he is a relation of one of Galway's famous 'Terrible Twins' Seán Purcell on his mother's side, so he didn't exactly lick the football prowess off the stones either.

You don't have to climb the family tree to find his small ball pedigree either, though. Kilkenny is a cousin of Tipp hurler Gearóid Ryan and has two other cousins on the Galway camogie team"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

the Dubs are lucky to have him. Hasn't a drop of dublin blood in him

"Little known Ciarán Kilkenny fact here: he is a relation of one of Galway's famous 'Terrible Twins' Seán Purcell on his mother's side, so he didn't exactly lick the football prowess off the stones either.

You don't have to climb the family tree to find his small ball pedigree either, though. Kilkenny is a cousin of Tipp hurler Gearóid Ryan and has two other cousins on the Galway camogie team"
    Great to see that your chip on your shoulder has followed you back from ResDubs as well :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

freddiek, whatever your gripe is about Ciaran Kilkenny, please drop it.

Fair enough. Its just that i believe first-generation Dubs like Kilkenny shouldn't be let play for Dublin. Let him play for his mother or father's county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Fair enough. Its just that i believe first-generation Dubs like Kilkenny shouldn't be let play for Dublin. Let him play for his mother or father's county

ah come off it now....thats your grudge against him? he was born in dublin so he shouldnt play for dublin? hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

So players should not be allowed play for the county that they were born in, grew up in, went to school in, play for a club in, and oh yeah, actually live in?

Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh today. :D

ProudDub, I think it gives the Dublin county teams an unfair advantage. and they have enough advantages as it is

Far more country people will move to Dublin than any other county. and most of the kids progressing to inter-county level will have country parents anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

So you want to keep bloodlines pure, well there was a man with a moustache who tried this in the late 1930s...and it didn't end well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, and a lot of Kerry people move to Cork to get jobs in the big city. A lot of Mayo people would do the same with Galway City. Same with Clare people living in Limerick City. Are you also going to tell their kids that they are not allowed play for the county that they were born in too, as it gives them an unfair advantage? What a ridiculous suggestion.

• Advertisement

its just one of the many things that are unfair about the GAA. just like the provincial championships.

How many inter-county players have the likes of Leitrim missed out on by scores of people leaving the area to look for work?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement