Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciaran kilkenny back for Dubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

lala88 wrote: »
    So who will he the next? Tomas Quinn? Mark Vaughan? Or many another one of the Dubs told us were the next big thing

You obviously have never seen Ciaran Kilkenny play if you are comparing him to either of them.He's miles ahead of them and is probably the best minor footballer of the last 10 years, he was outstanding for the u-21's last year and 3 points in an all ireland semi final in your first championship start is a pretty good beginning to his senior career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

You obviously have never seen Ciaran Kilkenny play if you are comparing him to either of them.He's miles ahead of them and is probably the best minor footballer of the last 10 years, he was outstanding for the u-21's last year and 3 points in an all ireland semi final in your first championship start is a pretty good beginning to his senior career.

I have actually and dont see all the fuss. He's good but no where here as good as he's been made out to be! there have been plenty of better minors then him in the last 10 years!

I have actually and dont see all the fuss. He's good but no where here as good as he's been made out to be! there have been plenty of better minors then him in the last 10 years!

In the minor final in 2011 he was by far and wide the best player on the field. He was fantastic. It was no coincidence that Pat Gilroy called him up the year after. I was speaking to a staunch Dublin hurling fan at the Tipp/Dublin hurling league game last March and he couldn't sing his praises enough. At 19 i think this guy has a bright future ahead of himself at whatever he plays and he has some physique for his age.

In the minor final in 2011 he was by far and wide the best player on the field. He was fantastic. It was no coincidence that Pat Gilroy called him up the year after. I was speaking to a staunch Dublin hurling fan at the Tipp/Dublin hurling league game last March and he couldn't sing his praises enough. At 19 i think this guy has a bright future ahead of himself at whatever he plays and he has some physique for his age.

Yes but to say he's the best minor of the last 10 years is going a bit far. The way some people are talking about him its like no one have ever been called up to a senior panel at 19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Yes but to say he's the best minor of the last 10 years is going a bit far. The way some people are talking about him its like no one have ever been called up to a senior panel at 19
    He's older than Paddy McBrearty ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Is it not true? Kerry people got over that a long time ago yer the Dubs are still talking about it. What was the excuse for last year? Lot of Dubs were not only saying but guaranteeing they would win again, then again i suppose there luck had to run out some time...

And why wouldn't Dublin fans still be talking about it? It was probably the most amazing day for all Dublin fans to witness particularly after the proceeding years of near misses and trouncing's. You really do just sound bitter I'm afraid. A mere year and a half has passed since that brilliant day, very few gave Dublin a prayer in that final against the mighty Kerry only for an inspired 7 minute comeback to turn it on its head in dramatic fashion. So hard luck if people still embracing it annoys you.

And on Ciaran Kilkenny, lets wait and see how he progresses ok, come September we can come back and judge this 19 year old lads potential with a little more substance than just talking utter bollöcks.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

I saw him come on to play for adult team in the last 10 minutes of a league decider having just played important minor match on the next pitch. they were a few points down and he was brought straight on and scored three or four points to level the match and gain promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So who will he the next? Tomas Quinn? Mark Vaughan? Or many another one of the Dubs told us were the next big thing

Have you seen him play? He stood out a mile in the minor teams, didn't deserve to lose two finals. I don't like Dublin as much as the next guy, but this guy is pure talent. He could easily be an all-star, and at such a young age, could win a host of them.

Thought I saw him where I work over Christmas alright. Just thought he'd be home for holidays. He is definitely just homesick, its a massive move to make at that age. Maybe he'll get another chance in a few years. The arguments going around here are quite stupid tbh.

Welcome back Ciaran!

And why wouldn't Dublin fans still be talking about it? It was probably the most amazing day for all Dublin fans to witness particularly after the proceeding years of near misses and trouncing's. You really do just sound bitter I'm afraid. A mere year and a half has passed since that brilliant day, very few gave Dublin a prayer in that final against the mighty Kerry only for an inspired 7 minute comeback to turn it on its head in dramatic fashion. So hard luck if people still embracing it annoys you.

And on Ciaran Kilkenny, lets wait and see how he progresses ok, come September we can come back and judge this 19 year old lads potential with a little more substance than just talking utter bollöcks.

You sound a little like a Liverpool fan when they still talk about winning the Champions League in 05 i get the feeling in 8 year you will still be talking about it as Dublin wont have won anything else.

Im not the one hyping him up am i? If he turns out to be all hes made out to me all well and good but hasnt done much at senior level to justify the hype, one game doesn't justify it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

Ok then if he's as good as he's made out to be why did he quit? And yes he did quit? Only a few months ago he was all talk about how he's wanted to be a pro gets his chance and doesn't take it

I think it might be better if he played with the hurlers instead, might win more then one game this year...

Do yourself a favour and read his statement. I have seen him play a few times at underage and it was a privilege to see him play. Ciaran also made his first competitive start for the Dublin senior footballers was against Mayo which says something about his talent.

• Advertisement

My main problem is he's just another over hyped Dublin player. Only seeen him play and few times and dont see the fuss about him really

I doubt you have seen him play at all.

Mullet wrote: »

Like i said i have and again didnt see what all the fuss was about. Seen minors alot better then him not make it so whos to say he will?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Without a doubt.

Do yourself a favour and read his statement. I have seen him play a few times at underage and it was a privilege to see him play. Ciaran also made his first competitive start for the Dublin senior footballers was against Mayo which says something about his talent.

Darren O Sullivans first game for Kerry was the 05 All Ireland final so by that he must be better no?

You sound a little like a Liverpool fan when they still talk about winning the Champions League in 05 i get the feeling in 8 year you will still be talking about it as Dublin wont have won anything else.

Im not the one hyping him up am i? If he turns out to be all hes made out to me all well and good but hasnt done much at senior level to justify the hype, one game doesn't justify it

And how is it you know Dublin won't win another All-Ireland in the next 8 years? You're hilarious you really are, hasn't done much at senior level??? Well how how long has he got to prove himself?

Bottom line is you don't know any more than the next person what will happen in the next few season's so give over calling things with such false certainty when you really don't have a clue. You're playing the opposite roll to the hype machine that you're harping on about which is just as bad do you realise that?

Nothing will please you. If Ciaran was from Galway or Kilkenny would you be whinging so much. It much be a Dublin thing you have a hang up about. I have been going to Dublin hurling and football games for 30 odd years and I can tell you he is one special talent in both codes and I don't say that lightly about any Gaa player.

And how is it you know Dublin won't win another All-Ireland in the next 8 years? You're hilarious you really are, hasn't done much at senior level??? Well how how long has he got to prove himself?

Bottom line is you don't know any more than the next person what will happen in the next few season's so give over calling things which such false certainty when you really don't have a clue. You're playing the opposite roll to the hype machine that you're harping on about which is just as bad do you realise that?

Thats the way the seem to do it. 15 years since there last in 2011 15 years before that so another 14 years ye might win one.

So how he needs time to prove himself? The way people were talking he's already done that

Thats the way the seem to do it. 15 years since there last in 2011 15 years before that so another 14 years ye might win one.

So how he needs time to prove himself? The way people were talking he's already done that

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nothing will please you. If Ciaran was from Galway or Kilkenny would you be whinging so much. It much be a Dublin thing you have a hang up about. I have been going to Dublin hurling and football games for 30 odd years and I can tell you he is one special talent in both codes and I don't say that lightly about any Gaa player.

Ah yes the classic everyone is anti Dublin. If he was from anyother county wold you be saying he was a special talent? Maybe i just dont see what all the fuss is about, like i said iv seen better minor players then him and they didnt make it, what makes him so different?

Like i said i have and again didnt see what all the fuss was about. Seen minors alot better then him not make it so whos to say he will?

As an 18 year old he made his senior competitive start for Dublin in all ireland semi final against Mayo and scored 3 points from play. "Yea your right he's not that special at all"

• Advertisement

Ah yes the classic everyone is anti Dublin. If he was from anyother county wold you be saying he was a special talent? Maybe i just dont see what all the fuss is about, like i said iv seen better minor players then him and they didnt make it, what makes him so different?

Like who?

OK .. He is related to Sean Purcell.... so now go to bed...school tomorrow

As an 18 year old he made his senior competitive start for Dublin in all ireland semi final against Mayo and scored 3 points from play. "Yea your right he's not that special at all"

Hes the only player to ever to make his first star at 18? Donal Brennan made his first start at 18 in the Leinster final where is he now?

Ah yes the classic everyone is anti Dublin. Maybe i just dont see what all the fuss is about, like i said iv seen better minor players then him and they didnt make it, what makes him so different?

No not everyone is but YOU are, your posts prove that. Personally I love how 2011 has gotten so obviously bitterly under you. You claim you're over it when it's blatantly clear September 18th 2011 haunts you :) with that I'll leave you in the trolling section and ignore, goodnight ;)

Like who?

Paddy Curran, Dan Doona, Conal O Cruadhlaioch, Conrad Murphy, Donal Kingston, Kyle Coney

Your the one that used the word "anti" not me. If he was from another county I certainly would admire his talent. You on the other hand all day have questioned his decision to come home and his talent. As I said before read his statement the penny may drop with you. His passion for hurling and football is so obvious to all that have read it

No not everyone is but YOU are, your posts prove that. Personally I love how 2011 has gotten so obviously bitterly under you. You claim you're over it when it's blatantly clear September 18th 2011 haunts you :) with that I'll leave you in the trolling section and ignore, goodnight ;)

Yes all there ''success'' hurts me so much, what hurts me must is all the success they've had in hurling oh wait they dont have any do they?

Your the one that used the word "anti" not me. If he was from another county I certainly would admire his talent. You on the other hand all day have questioned his decision to come home and his talent. As I said before read his statement the penny may drop with you. His passion for hurling and football is so obvious to all that have read it

Yet only a few months ago his passion was to play pro sport. Seems to me he had a handy excuse to justify him quieting and yes he quit he didn't ''give it a go'' as people are saying he did, to give it a go he would actually have had to stay more then what 2 months?

Can we all stop feeding the troll?

• Advertisement

Hes the only player to ever to make his first star at 18? Donal Brennan made his first start at 18 in the Leinster final where is he now?

Especially in the current climate for a young lad to make an impact on his debut is something to admire. Donal is probably still playing club football in Laois. Unfortunately like a lot of the talented Laois minor teams of that time there was a huge burn out rate. Players were not nurtured properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement