Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ah it’s hard to get all 3 lifts perfect. Close to 120 ain’t bad in fairness.
    Not everyone can be Clarence Kennedy

Or Barry Piggot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Or Barry Piggot.

Are they competing against each other soon?

Are they competing against each other soon?

No. Clarence is in comp in Dublin in August. Will be interesting to see how his numbers translate to a meet and all that a comp entails.

No. Clarence is in comp in Dublin in August. Will be interesting to see how his numbers translate to a meet and all that a comp entails.

Are they different federations or will they more than likely meet each other at some point?

Are they different federations or will they more than likely meet each other at some point?

IPF rules in August but not a tested IPF comp. Not a particular federation for this comp...people from other feds will compete, I think. That was the case last year anyway.

Clarence hasn't said he'll start competing anyway. He just happens to be doing this competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Barry competes with the IPF.

Clarence has never competed in powerlifting before. He's an olympic lifter. August will be his powerlifting debut. The event is following IPF rules in terms of rules and equipment but is a nonsanctioned event, so no testing and no records from it would be official. It is more of an exhibition event than anything else.

Don't know if Barry will compete at this. I think he's is competing at worlds in June. He might do this for the craic.

If memory serves me correctly I think Clarence has
    340kg DL With straps
    300kg Squat
    200kg Bench
    Not saying he’ll hit these numbers in comp, but how do those compare to Barry piggots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

340kg DL With straps
    300kg Squat
    200kg Bench
    Not saying he’ll hit these numbers in comp, but how do those compare to Barry piggots?

Barry’s best is a 300kg squat, 220kg bench and 310kg deadlift. He missed an unofficial world record 225kg bench at nationals because his ass came off the bench.

340kg DL With straps
    300kg Squat
    200kg Bench

The unknown is how he puts a total together on a single day under competition conditions. Tiredness, possibly less rest time between lifts, etc come into play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Ah, piss off will ya

:(

If it makes you feel better in Citygym I am completely average :pac:
    Ah it’s hard to get all 3 lifts perfect. Close to 120 ain’t bad in fairness.
    Not everyone can be Clarence Kennedy

Dammit I was hoping the 2 watches would give me his powers :(:pac:

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better in Citygym I am completely average

But you also dont have the distraction of the big screen when you're squatting :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

340kg DL With straps
    300kg Squat
    200kg Bench

I know a year or so ago he was doing 202.5kg bench, dunno if it improved from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

272.5kg/600lb squat PR @99.8kg ... third attempt at the AIPO national championships yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgwd6R0FTqCPXZbGHlAT6tpTI3CgxPy7wiFD9U0/

PR total as well of 682.5kg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

COH wrote: »
    272.5kg/600lb squat PR @99.8kg ... third attempt at the AIPO national championships yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgwd6R0FTqCPXZbGHlAT6tpTI3CgxPy7wiFD9U0/

PR total as well of 682.5kg :)

Nice fight there alright. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Nice fight there alright. Congrats.

RPE6

COH wrote: »
    RPE6

:D. Jaysus even better than everyone else who seems to be hitting PRs at a 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

That was an awesome lift and great performance all round !! Pleasure to share the platform with you !! As for me managed a 260 squat (matching a gym PB) miss a 270 just lost it half way back up ... and put a small Pb on my bench and deadlift was still well behind where I should be .. just hasn’t been happening for me!!

Depth in the squats was a big focus in this comp and great to see the rules being applied properly and fairly!

Saw '272.5kg' and thought "why not just for 5 red plates?". Then I watched it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Saw '272.5kg' and thought "why not just for 5 red plates?". Then I watched it...

at that weight every extra kg feels like a red plate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

After years of being in the wilderness I am finally (on the dot) no longer classified as overweight by the BMI scale.

#swoleisoverrated #decultivatingmass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

New to this lark, 40 in a few months and there is some family history to worry about that has made me get off the couch. Started program in local gym in Feb. Started from a very low base and very much overweight.

Program - Warm up
    Resitance - Chest Press, Low Seated Row, Leg press, Reverse and Pull down, Dumbells,
    Sit ups and a Pilate move
    Finish up with 20 mins on Cardio machine either free runner or cross trainer.

The habit is taking now, the routine is getting easier so adding weights / reps, meeting personal trainer every 3 weeks to change up routine. The goal is to lose weight, feel good and get stronger. Haven't really changed my diet yet, cut out some crap, I'm not great on variety of eating. I have removed 4 kilos in 2 months, should have done a little better however work travel hindered me a bit.

Looking forward to adding more to my routine, would like to target the belly a bit more. I do feel a little intimidated in the free weights area hoping that I can feel better and get used to it. Happy in the machine lifting area. The Sauna to finish off is my carrot to get there.

I need goals to focus on other than weight loss I am guessing, any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I lost 2 kg last week

Squat PR with 192.5kg at somewhere between 8-8.5. Def. have 200kg in me now. A lot more confident with that PR done. Test day in 3 weeks. The aim was 200 but now I'm thinking 205.

3x1 200kg squats. Woo 5 spotter squat club! First two sets had dodgey depth. Last set was probably best for it but still borderline. Only got the second one recorded as the spotters blocked the camera for the other two :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

#Weddingshredding has been coming along nicely. Lost 6kg since mid-January. Only 3 weeks to go now! :eek:

Its crazy how only a few kg coming off adds to your definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

145kg bench out of the blue just felt like testing. Failed on way back up with 150kg.
    Previous was 135kg about 3/4 months ago. Barely been training, once/ twice a week so not Sure where it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

I'm now at 177lbs at a height of 6'0. I finally don't feel skinny anymore which I hated. Seeing more definition in the shoulder and chest area which is nice. I have a log here that I must update too.

will they more than likely meet each other at some point?

Skip to 0:50...

Barry texting "The elephant in the room. Or sounds like one anyway lol'

• Advertisement

Was that a recent meet or what was goin on?

Advertisement