Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Blacktie. wrote: »
    A PR at an RPE of 8!? How does this happen???

As soon as I figure that out myself I’ll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The beauty of RPE training...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

new program at the min
    new pr for volume squat 5x5 @150Kg = legs like jelly today

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Token gym pbs tonight, 192.5kg squat and 230kg deadlift, both 2.5kg heavier than my 3rd attempts last month at an RPE of 8

Joining the PR @8 club. Woof.

Not at that heavy a weight, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Managed to Pull 270 tonight which is a small PB .. but massive for me when put in to context ... my deadlifts were plateauing - actually going backwards .. so the last few weeks with a few minor tweaks it’s back moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

whippet wrote: »
    Managed to Pull 270 tonight which is a small PB .. but massive for me when put in to context ... my deadlifts were plateauing - actually going backwards .. so the last few weeks with a few minor tweaks it’s back moving

You must be one of the top lifters in the country with these numbers?

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Far from it .. that’s 270 at @105kg body weight ... I’d need another 50kg on that lift to be considered at the top. My bench is poor but my squat is creeping up and should be close to 300 (in wraps) by the end of the year.

I’m drug free so I’m proud of my numbers ... the ‘untested’ lifters would be pulling 300 at 90kg and squatting 300 plus at 100kg

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Far from it .. that’s 270 at @105kg body weight ... I’d need another 50kg on that lift to be considered at the top. My bench is poor but my squat is creeping up and should be close to 300 (in wraps) by the end of the year.

I’m drug free so I’m proud of my numbers ... the ‘untested’ lifters would be pulling 300 at 90kg and squatting 300 plus at 100kg

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Managed to do front squat of 90kg for 8 reps this morning and my lower back didn't explode.
    Slowly slowly building up....
    Its a delicate balancing act between lifting for rehab/prehab and pushing myself too much and hurting myself.

I'm also hoping for a 5rep 100kg bench within six or eight weeks. (currently at 5 reps at 95kg and 2 and a half reps at 100kg)
    I abandoned this goal 18months ago when I decided I had gotten way too fat. 10kg drop in weight later and I'm stronger than I was before so heres hoping.
    BW now at 75kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

nice!

• Advertisement

It’s been a good week .. a squat rep PR .. 240kg for a triple ... slowly ... slowly getting closer to my 300kg goal !!

It’s been a good week .. a squat rep PR .. 240kg for a triple ... slowly ... slowly getting closer to my 300kg goal !!

Whats your next comp?

COH wrote: »
    Whats your next comp?

AIPO nationals hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

last week was decent
    squat single 170kg followed by 5x3 @160kg then 5x3@155kg pause deadlift
    deadlift single 195kg followed by 4x3 @175kg then 4x4@135kg pause squat

there's some bench stuff in there as well but i suck at bench so lets not go there :)

180kg squat PR with kilos in the tank.

Was happy as fúck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

3 x110kg bench with no spotter. There was definitely a 4th there but the gym was too quiet so I got scared.
    Followed up with 7 x 100 rep pr, then 4 x 70 OHP...a good day of pressing.
    ...my back is made of wet cardboard so important to enjoy these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

More of a training block achievement than a daily one but anyway...

Last heavy session of my first proper training block in prep for the IPF May Open (one lightish session left tomorrow).

In the December comp I did I hit 190/105/227.5kg for squat/bench/deadlift.

This week I hit 212.5/112.5/245kg for top singles, with none full on max effort, so pretty damn delighted with my progress!

Now to hopefully keep progression going till May :)

Deano7788 wrote: »
    More of a training block achievement than a daily one but anyway...

Last heavy session of my first proper training block in prep for the IPF May Open (one lightish session left tomorrow).

In the December comp I did I hit 190/105/227.5kg for squat/bench/deadlift.

This week I hit 212.5/112.5/245kg for top singles, with none full on max effort, so pretty damn delighted with my progress!

Now to hopefully keep progression going till May :)

Fair play man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Deano7788 wrote:

Some increases in just two months!

• Advertisement

260kg x2 squat :)

COH wrote: »
    260kg x2 squat :)

Savage lad .. are you competing any time soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

small compaired to some of the numbers here, but I'm a small guy so I'm happy with it.

2 reps of a 130 kg dead lift. I dislocated my elbow a few months back so I missed a few months. Its great to be back shifting heavy(by my mortal standards) weight

245kg squat for a fast double last night ... was going to try for a treble but knew the 3rd would have been a messy one so left it at that !

fingers crossed for a 250 / 255 double next week !

Finally broke the 250kg mark .. 252.5kg for a double squat !!

another week another PB .. 260 squat for a good single !!

another week another PB .. 260 squat for a good single !!

Mods, you can probably move this thread to Fitness Logs for whippet :)

Mods, you can probably move this thread to Fitness Logs for whippet :)

I’ll refrain from updating until I get my 300kg !!! It was a pipe dream at the start of the year .. but I’m a little more bullish now. Mind you every single kilo is like ten at the moment

I’ll refrain from updating until I get my 300kg !!! It was a pipe dream at the start of the year .. but I’m a little more bullish now. Mind you every single kilo is like ten at the moment

Don't. People like to see the journey. Or I do anyway. Fair play!

• Advertisement

Don't. People like to see the journey. Or I do anyway. Fair play!

cheers ... if only my other lifts would follow suit !! Deads have stalled again and bench is just awful !

Advertisement