Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

kaislinn wrote: »
    I don't have any experience with Chinese Androids so far, but this one looks almost too good for the price. Cyanogen is looking awesome on it too! Anyone any idea where you could pick one up?

Which one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    Which one ?

The invisiphone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kaislinn

eamonnq wrote: »
    Which one ?

Whoops, sorry, forgot to quote Missymoohaa!
    Subscribed to this myself Kenny, are you sure about the price? Great piece of kit if it is, would appreciate any views from the rest of the guys on here.

I was talking about the Yu Yuphoria, looks great! :D

Just seen this on a boards.ie ad :pac: looks decent for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just seen this on a boards.ie ad :pac: looks decent for the money.

A lot of phone for not very much money. Quotes "15% faster than Snapdragon 800" with a picture below saying 20% faster. That'd turn me off the chips quality.

Plus, it's ugly as hell

• Advertisement

A lot of phone for not very much money. Quotes "15% faster than Snapdragon 800" with a picture below saying 20% faster. That'd turn me off the chips quality.

Plus, it's ugly as hell

I know from experience the octa core MTKs are no where near as good as snapdragon, but not many 3GB phones going for 180.

I know from experience the octa core MTKs are no where near as good as snapdragon, but not many 3GB phones going for 180.

That's true, but if the MTK octas are pretty poor then there's no point in 3gb ram, you'll just have a gimmicked, unbalanced system. I'd take an SD 801 or 805 with 2gb ram over a MTK with 4gb after my prior experiences with MTK

That's true, but if the MTK octas are pretty poor then there's no point in 3gb ram, you'll just have a gimmicked, unbalanced system. I'd take an SD 801 or 805 with 2gb ram over a MTK with 4gb after my prior experiences with MTK

I have a octa core now with 2GB and its great rarely used over 1GB and is never laggy, I reckon the 3GB would be grand.

I have a octa core now with 2GB and its great rarely used over 1GB and is never laggy, I reckon the 3GB would be grand.

Fair enough! I've underestimed them then.. Now MTK is back in the game, more browsing when my Mi3 needs a replacement :pac: The joys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I think the newer MTK chips (6752/6732) are a vast improvement.

TCL M2U is flying, battery life is great and phone is unbelievably light.

• Advertisement

I would still stick to snapdragon, my next phone will be a snapdragon for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

jeffk wrote: »
    http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-Flip-PU-Leather-Protective-Cover-Case-For-Elephone-P6000-wp-Uk-964197.html

This seems to be the best of them, there is literally a rubber ring to go around the phone, another version of the above with a window at the front and(what I got off Etotalk and hate) a leather pouch

Cant seem to find a good plastic/rubber one that just leaves the screen open

Jeffj, did you get this case in the end? How is it?

By the way for anyone interested, I received the Elephone p6000 yesterday and I'm really happy so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,774 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How likely is it that we will be able to purchase the oppo r7 plus?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Ordered a Jiayu S3 from geekbuying on Sunday, no sign of it shipping yet. Can anyone who has ordered a phone from them tell me how long it took for them to get the phone shipped? Cheers

llandai wrote: »
    Ordered a Jiayu S3 from geekbuying on Sunday, no sign of it shipping yet. Can anyone who has ordered a phone from them tell me how long it took for them to get the phone shipped? Cheers

Ive ordered from Merimobiles and its taken them up to 5 days, I know Etotalk and Chinavasion post after a day, Im sure others can recommend others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fair enough! I've underestimed them then.. Now MTK is back in the game, more browsing when my Mi3 needs a replacement :pac: The joys

The MT6595 in my Zopo is a flyer, can cope with 3d gaming, multitasking, anything I throw at it. GPS is grand as well, as long as the stock PowerXtend app isn't running.

Qualcomm need to get their act together with their next generation SOCs. The 810 is an unusable toaster oven unless downthrottled, and the 808 is midrange silicon, comparable to the MT6752 on benchmarks, which itself outperforms the Snapdragon 615.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Z9 mini just arrived. Will mess about with it and post a review soon, need to get my Sim cut down to size first.

My Thl 5000 is on adverts for 140. Perfect condition if anyone is interested. Heading to the states next tuesday , need the cash.

90sBla wrote: »
    Z9 mini just arrived. Will mess about with it and post a review soon, need to get my Sim cut down to size first.

My Thl 5000 is on adverts for 140. Perfect condition if anyone is interested. Heading to the states next tuesday , need the cash.

Would you accept paypal and postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Would you accept paypal and postage?

Sure thing! Drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

New Phone Vodafone Smart Prime 6 4G for €99.99 on vodafone payg.
    Specs http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_prime_6-7230.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Aideen10

Going sim only from July and in the market looking for a new phone. Dont want to be tied down again for next 2 year's.
    Im looking for a Chinese/Asian phone with working 4g, no more than 5 inches and in region of €200 to 250.
    Anything due out in next few months worth waiting for?
    The Mi4i is my front runner at the mo.
    Any advice would be appreciated!!

Aideen10 wrote: »
    Going sim only from July and in the market looking for a new phone. Dont want to be tied down again for next 2 year's.
    Im looking for a Chinese/Asian phone with working 4g, no more than 5 inches and in region of €200 to 250.
    Anything due out in next few months worth waiting for?
    The Mi4i is my front runner at the mo.
    Any advice would be appreciated!!

Mi4 is well out of budget. Mi3 is a good hack at that price, try get 64gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The likes of geekbuying have the Mi4i (as opposed the Mi4) on presale for about €250.

@Aideen10 - the Nubia Z9 Mini has the same chipset as the Mi4i, and is competitive on other features, plus it has a SD card slot, for in or around the same price. A boardsie on this thread took delivery of one in the last day or so, and has promised us feedback.

corwill wrote: »
    The likes of geekbuying have the Mi4i (as opposed the Mi4) on presale for about €250.

@Aideen10 - the Nubia Z9 Mini has the same chipset as the Mi4i, and is competitive on other features, plus it has a SD card slot, for in or around the same price. A boardsie on this thread took delivery of one in the last day or so, and has promised us feedback.

Completely missed that! Thanks Corwill :)

More Xiaomis for me to scout...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aideen10

I thought I saw Mi4i in region of $290 dollars with free delivery... Maybe I was wrong. It would be very much top end of my budget !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If you were buying a phone mainly on the criteria of 'it looks cool' and would prefer something smaller than a 5.5+ inch block. What would people buy under 300 quid?

Aideen10 wrote: »
    I thought I saw Mi4i in region of $290 dollars with free delivery... Maybe I was wrong. It would be very much top end of my budget !

I had read Mi4 in your post, when you were looking at the Mi4i, which according to Corwill will for the budget, my mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

If I wanted to buy an Elephone P6000 is there any way of avoiding the tax/customs charges or recommendations from other buyers of sites to buy from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement