Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Seems to be lost. No movement on the site, no letter from customs, PostNL have no idea where is is... The seller is still responsible for me getting the item, right?

So after dicking me around for weeks, claiming that the phone was actually in my local post office and other such nonsense, it appears that the phone was actually seized and destroyed by customs. Then the feckers had to cheek to tell me that as I hadn't bought insurance they could only refund half the purchase or send the item again - if I paid them 60% of the price!

For all I know they sent a dead cat in a box.

Avoid dealsmachine.com at all costs. Thieving scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

So after dicking me around for weeks, claiming that the phone was actually in my local post office and other such nonsense, it appears that the phone was actually seized and destroyed by customs. Then the feckers had to cheek to tell me that as I hadn't bought insurance they could only refund half the purchase or send the item again - if I paid them 60% of the price!

Why was it destroyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It is hardly the seller's fault that customs destroyed the phone, you ordered the phone, they sent it. For some reason it was destroyed by customs, I don't think you can blame the seller for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Was it a clone? I'm surprised you had no contact from Customs before they destroyed it. AFAIK, they usually write to you with their reasoning and give you a right of reply.

Just found the p6000 on dealsmachine for €129.42 pre sale ships 2nd of feb http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_208267.html thats 50e cheaper that etotalk where i was just about to order from. What you guys think of that site
    Ordered one phone from them. Three weeks delivery, no customs, phone exactly as expected and matched the lowest price for it.

You seem to have altered your opinion on them somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Detective eamonn is on the case.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Detective eamonn is on the case.

No, no case here, just bad luck methinks.

**** happens unfortunately, but it just shows you can be quite happy with a seller, and then this sort of thing happens. Chinese sellers are all great once nothing goes wrong!!

eamonnq wrote: »

**** happens unfortunately, but it just shows you can be quite happy with a seller, and then this sort of thing happens. Chinese sellers are all great once nothing goes wrong!!

A great bunch of lads. Until they aren't.

Surely people know better than to buy clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

I emailed them Thursday and have received no reply at all.. and I tried their live chat and left waiting too long

Should I be getting worried and to be honest it's not really great service from them? Is it best I open up a dispute with PayPal and try get a refund? Any help lads?

9 days since I've ordered and my order is still coming up as 'processing'!!

• Advertisement

Got an email from Coolicool saying the Elephone P7000 is available there now, I know a few have posted about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got an email from Coolicool saying the Elephone P7000 is available there now, I know a few have posted about it.

Still pre-sale

http://www.coolicool.com/elephone-p7000-mtk6752-octa-core-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-44-4g-lte-smartphone-g-35788

Estimated shipping date is the 27/05 ..............if you can wait that long!! :D

Well 50% packet loss is a terrible ratio.:pac: It's the seller's responsibility to make sure I get what I ordered, otherwise what's the point in a tracking number and signed for delivery? It's not like I can order something and tell them the cheque is in the post.

corwill wrote: »
    Was it a clone? I'm surprised you had no contact from Customs before they destroyed it. AFAIK, they usually write to you with their reasoning and give you a right of reply.

I don't know really. The woman in the lost parcel claims dept of the post office was basically saying if it's not a Samsung customs probably destroyed it but I got no notification from anyone. The seller kept pissing me about saying it was here and there and definitely down the post office until they admitted they hadn't a clue where it was and trued to flog me a new one. And they wouldn't take magic beans.

I don't know really. The woman in the lost parcel claims dept of the post office was basically saying if it's not a Samsung customs probably destroyed it but I got no notification from anyone. The seller kept pissing me about saying it was here and there and definitely down the post office until they admitted they hadn't a clue where it was and trued to flog me a new one. And they wouldn't take magic beans.

Which phone did you order ? Seems a bit odd, unless it was an obvious clone.

Which phone did you order ? Seems a bit odd, unless it was an obvious clone.

Elephone P3000S. I can't see any striking similarities to any other models.

That's hardly the most convincing confirmation that it actually was destroyed. I'd keep arguing the toss with the vendor. Have you opened a PayPal dispute?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I never ever, ever, got a letter from customs to tell me they would be destroying it, until it was after the specified time and even rang them because the post date on the envelope was after the date I had to respond to them.
    Now everything gets sent to pm or to the mother in law.
    Shower of chancers, they probably have most of the ****e I ordered from the crap sites too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

I'm currently using the Ulefone Be Touch. Perfect if you like big screens :-D
    Inside it's very well equipped with 64 bit CPU, 3GB of RAM, etc...

I leave my review here -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057434945
    For some full pics I published them on my spanish blog -> http://t.co/w9CK2Y2w6H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭savemejebus

mdabar wrote: »
    I'm currently using the Ulefone Be Touch. Perfect if you like big screens :-D
    Inside it's very well equipped with 64 bit CPU, 3GB of RAM, etc...

I leave my review here ->

You must really like this phone, between the thread on boards, your spanish blog, your post on XDA forums and your marketing blog http://dabarsocialmarketing.blogspot.ie/2015/05/ulefone-be-touch-simply-amazing-with-64.html (linked from xda), you really seem to be evangelizing for this device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Hello, looking for a phone for a friend. 200€ budget, stretch to 250€ for something special. I've been looking around for something decent but everything seems a little underwhelming or blows the budget. Any recommendations and reliable sellers? I did my research last year when buying the Oneplus (china edition because I was impatient) so not a complete noob when it comes to this but my knowledge is dated.

Specs wise:
    5" screen (no larger, for a female)
    4G support

From what i've seen so far maybe a Redmi 2? I personally like the Nubia z9 mini but it's out of budget range. Cheers for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »
    I've gone and ordered a Jiayu s3. Looking forward to getting it now.

Delivery today - Ordered from Etotalk on Sunday - quick turnaround!
    Will open it and mess around and give feedback later.

Was there every any confirmation on whether the Redmi 2 works with all the Irish networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Was there every any confirmation on whether the Redmi 2 works with all the Irish networks?

If you get the 2gb verion it will be missing 900mhz 3g band which will limit coverage. The 1gb version sold by resellers has all the bands except 800mhz 4G which is used by meteor and vodafone in rural areas.

Elephone P3000S. I can't see any striking similarities to any other models.

I would be suprised if they destroyed one of them, what does the tracking info show ? Have you confirmed that it was destroyed by customs ?

spix wrote: »
    If you get the 2gb verion it will be missing 900mhz 3g band which will limit coverage. The 1gb version sold by resellers has all the bands except 800mhz 4G which is used by meteor and vodafone in rural areas.

Thanks for that Spix. Sorry for the noob question now, but how much of a limitation is the missing 900mhz band?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Thanks for that Spix. Sorry for the noob question now, but how much of a limitation is the missing 900mhz band?

The lower the band the further it travels, so if you live in a rural area coverage will likely be poor as the other 3g band is 2100mhz. 2g signal will be fine though so its just a limitation if you use mobile data.

spix wrote: »
    The lower the band the further it travels, so if you live in a rural area coverage will likely be poor as the other 3g band is 2100mhz. 2g signal will be fine though so its just a limitation if you use mobile data.

Great info, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

My Wife needs a new phone,, she is not a power user, just calls and a bit of Facebook stuff..

Does anybody know or have any thoughts on this one below,, Thanks..

VKWORLD VK700 5.5inch IPS HD MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz Android 4.4 Smartphone 1GB RAM 8GB ROM 3G GPS Miracast - Black
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VKWORLD-VK700-5-5inch-IPS-HD-MTK6582-Quad-Core-1-3GHz-Android-4-4-Smartphone-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-3G-GPS-Miracast---Black-344133.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement