Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads anyone know on a good case for Huawei Ascend G7?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Does anybody have the Lenovo K3 note,what's it like,considering it at the moment,looks like a lot of phone for the money,thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Does anybody know of of decent Galaxy Y or Galaxy Young clone?Looking for something 3.0 - 3.5 inch but with 512mb RAM and 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Does anybody know of of decent Galaxy Y or Galaxy Young clone?Looking for something 3.0 - 3.5 inch but with 512mb RAM and 3G.

Such.....bad.....specs.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

512MB RAM would be borderline unusable on Android, you'll wish you hadn't.. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone here actually order a P7000? The reviews should be interesting, Gizchina should have one tomorrow I hope

Such.....bad.....specs.....
    Fine then, you find me a 3 inch Android with a HD display 3Gb RAM and an octacore processor and I'll be all ears.

dubby1978 wrote: »
    512MB RAM would be borderline unusable on Android, you'll wish you hadn't.. Seriously.
    Ditto from above. If you've got Galaxy S6 specs in a 3.5 inch phone feel free to share it with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Why do you need such a titchy phone and get narky when people try give you advice... If you can stretch to 4 inch then a decent phone will be easy to get

Why do you need such a titchy phone and get narky when people try give you advice... If you can stretch to 4 inch then a decent phone will be easy to get
    If I'm asking for a 3.0 - 3.5 inch phone, 4.0 inch phones aren't really a "suggestion" at all. If you don't have an idea of a phone that fits the request then move along. If I told you why I needed it you'd just tell me I didn't need it or something, yeah? You know what I want better that I do I suppose?
    Apologies for getting narky when people answer the question in their head, not the one printed in front of them.

• Advertisement

Riiiiight....

Are there many phones out there with polycarbonate similar to the Mi3? Mines cracking to pieces, the back is all sand scratched and looks like I've been throwing darts at it. Never again will I pick up a polycarbonate phone.

For how good their devices are, the casings seem to be remarkably **** on Xiaomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Alright Lads.. looking for advice to buy a phone..
    I'd be looking for it within around a week I couldn't possibly wait a month or so cause my HTC mini one is on its last legs.. I'd like..

-5 inch screen or similar
    -Pretty good battery (the htc battery is a joke)
    -Android
    -a fast paced phone
    -pretty decent camera

I liked this htc mini one but it's gone altogether nearly. Found it very laggy at times too. I have around €150 to spend I could stretch a bit for a better phone.

Any help appreciated

Alright Lads.. looking for advice to buy a phone..
    I'd be looking for it within around a week I couldn't possibly wait a month or so cause my HTC mini one is on its last legs.. I'd like..

-5 inch screen or similar
    -Pretty good battery (the htc battery is a joke)
    -Android
    -a fast paced phone
    -pretty decent camera

I liked this htc mini one but it's gone altogether nearly. Found it very laggy at times too. I have around €150 to spend I could stretch a bit for a better phone.

Any help appreciated

Second hand Mi3 with a beat up casing? :p

The Elephone P6000 is about that, it's been dissected here the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Jesus some people in Here lately are about as friendly as a dead badgers arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Any decent dual sim phones knocking around to compete with the Moto g 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If I'm asking for a 3.0 - 3.5 inch phone, 4.0 inch phones aren't really a "suggestion" at all. If you don't have an idea of a phone that fits the request then move along. If I told you why I needed it you'd just tell me I didn't need it or something, yeah? You know what I want better that I do I suppose?
    Apologies for getting narky when people answer the question in their head, not the one printed in front of them.

It's a shame for you and others who would like a 3.0" to 3.5" phone, but you don't really see a lot that size these days. Even Apple have moved on from that size range.

Second hand Mi3 with a beat up casing? :p

The Elephone P6000 is about that, it's been dissected here the last few weeks

Where would the best place to buy it mate and get here within a week or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Dan_Solo wrote:
    If I'm asking for a 3.0 - 3.5 inch phone, 4.0 inch phones aren't really a "suggestion" at all. If you don't have an idea of a phone that fits the request then move along. If I told you why I needed it you'd just tell me I didn't need it or something, yeah? You know what I want better that I do I suppose? Apologies for getting narky when people answer the question in their head, not the one printed in front of them.

The lumia 620 has the smallest screen I've seen on a smart phone but its 3.8 inches

m.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_620-5147.php

Where would the best place to buy it mate and get here within a week or so?

Check the shops in the op, you want to shop around. Etotalk, honourbuy, merimobiles or aliexpress would be good to start. Get DHL shipping, normally takes about a week

Check the shops in the op, you want to shop around. Etotalk, honourbuy, merimobiles or aliexpress would be good to start. Get DHL shipping, normally takes about a week

It's coming up cheapest on geekbuying.. are they ok to buy from and would I still get it quick enough?

• Advertisement

It's coming up cheapest on geekbuying.. are they ok to buy from and would I still get it quick enough?

Yeah geekbuying are fine, I forgot about those. Depends on the shipping, they used DHL last I used them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

A galaxy young is 75€ unlocked in argos. Or an xperia e is 30€ with Tesco. Wouldn't they be the quickest if that's what you're after?

spix wrote: »
    Those are exactly the min specs I had in mind, I just thought that by avoiding the big brands like HTC and Sony I'd get those sorts of prices for a new phone, not a refurb.
    Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

A galaxy young is 75€ unlocked in argos. Or an xperia e is 30€ with Tesco. Wouldn't they be the quickest if that's what you're after?
    Maybe the "real deal" is the way to go here alright. There doesn't seem to be any value at this screen size in going the white box route. Thanks.

Took the plunge and bought the elephone p6000 on geek buying...

Altogether it was $126 dollars through dhl delivery.. So I suppose that's good for a phone of its quality? I'm also probably likely to get hit with customs with dhl I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Any decent dual sim phones knocking around to compete with the Moto g 2?
    The Huawei 3c is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

Altogether it was $126 dollars through dhl delivery.. So I suppose that's good for a phone of its quality? I'm also probably likely to get hit with customs with dhl I suppose

Took the plunge and bought the elephone p6000 on geek buying...

A great phone, I have it since Friday and love it.

The only downside to its new technology is xposed isn't really supported, unofficial one, but greenify doesn't work fully on it.

You'll get "vat" which includes €10 from them

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

jeffk wrote: »
    A great phone, I have it since Friday and love it.

The only downside to its new technology is xposed isn't really supported, unofficial one, but greenify doesn't work fully on it.

You'll get "vat" which includes €10 from them

Does yours have lollipop pre installed?

Mines arriving tomorrow and they promised lollipop, but I'm wondering if the issues I heard about with p6000s on 5.0 have been ironed out? Elephone still don't seem to have published a 5.0 release properly, just beta, or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement