Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks for the reviews it seems all good. Just gonna wait for the white version to become available from that seller and buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

For anyone else with a p6000, are you having trouble with slow charging? It took 7 hours for me to charge fully, is that normal? I ordered a 2A USB adapter to see if that helps , but its not here yet, anything else I can do in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is there an of these phones that have a particular outstanding camera? To be honest I could forgive a lot of faults if the camera was up to snuff. Probably why I keep looking at the windows phones every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi Guys, currently have a s3 mini which is starting to act up. Looking to replace it with something similiar to s4 or s5 mini.

4g if possible, Price range €200 - €300, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

I ordered mine jeff on Sunday night and still got no dispatch mail or anything from geekbuying yet? I went for the dhl option and paid extra $10 for it. How you get yours so quick?

I ordered a phone from geekbuying on Sunday as well with the DHL option and no sign of it shipping yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

llandai wrote: »
    I ordered a phone from geekbuying on Sunday as well with the DHL option and no sign of it shipping yet either.

Bit of a joke still processing at this stage 5 days later.. I left them a mail and their live chat has me waiting ages to speak to someone..

Should I open up a PayPal dispute and ask for my money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is there an of these phones that have a particular outstanding camera? To be honest I could forgive a lot of faults if the camera was up to snuff. Probably why I keep looking at the windows phones every now and then.

Scroll up to my review of z9 mini

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

90sBla wrote: »

Check your PM's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aideen10

90sBla wrote: »

Was looking at the xiaomi mi4i but your after swaying me..... Decisions decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

tjj09 wrote: »
    S4 mini's retail at around €199 brand new, and S5 mini's are around €299 new.

Where? I have tried looking for sim free versions and cannot locate them anywhere at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Bit of a joke still processing at this stage 5 days later.. I left them a mail and their live chat has me waiting ages to speak to someone..

Should I open up a PayPal dispute and ask for my money back?

Yea, it is alright. I emailed them couple of days ago to ask when I could expect the phone to be shipped, they replied the next day telling me in broken English that it could six or seven days for it to be shipped! I've since emailed them back asking for them to cancel the order and refund my money, will see what happens next!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Yea, it is alright. I emailed them couple of days ago to ask when I could expect the phone to be shipped, they replied the next day telling me in broken English that it could six or seven days for it to be shipped! I've since emailed them back asking for them to cancel the order and refund my money, will see what happens next!

I think people should realise this when buying from Chinese suppliers, their shipping time (e.g 3-8 days with DHL) starts from when DHL get the parcel. Their 'order processing' time is often as long, I imagine loads of them don't actually hold stock and just order as required when customers order from them. A few days to arrive to them and get handed over to DHL, but usually once DHL get their hands on it, they arrive promptly.

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think people should realise this when buying from Chinese suppliers, their shipping time (e.g 3-8 days with DHL) starts from when DHL get the parcel. Their 'order processing' time is often as long, I imagine loads of them don't actually hold stock and just order as required when customers order from them. A few days to arrive to them and get handed over to DHL, but usually once DHL get their hands on it, they arrive promptly.

I guess we could all post good and bad, Etotalk and Chinavasion ship in 24 hours, Merimobiles take 3-4 days, anyone else know a quick shipper post away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Can anyone advise me posse on a top quality Chinese Dual Sim phone to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've gone and ordered a Jiayu s3. Looking forward to getting it now.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Can anyone advise me posse on a top quality Chinese Dual Sim phone to get?

Budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

has anyone ordered the elephone p7000?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I emailed them Thursday and have received no reply at all.. and I tried their live chat and left waiting too long

Should I be getting worried and to be honest it's not really great service from them? Is it best I open up a dispute with PayPal and try get a refund? Any help lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭gn3dr

has anyone ordered the elephone p7000?
    I tried twice in the Wednesday sales but failed. Will wait now to see some reviews first. The Wednesday sale thing is just frustrating now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

gn3dr wrote: »
    I tried twice in the Wednesday sales but failed. Will wait now to see some reviews first. The Wednesday sale thing is just frustrating now
    wednesday sale with who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭gn3dr

wednesday sale with who?

With lots of shops see here http://www.elephone.hk/MerchantSnapActivity.html

Although it seems like there are probably thousands of people around the world all clicking in at the same time

Budget?

Dual sim Max €350 after taxes

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Dual sim Max €350 after taxes

Oneplusone ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Oneplusone ?

They are not available as "dual sim" :(

TCL M2U ?

GBX wrote: »
    I've gone and ordered a Jiayu s3. Looking forward to getting it now.

Just got the DHL tracking reference from Etotalk. They have it marked as "communication device" Even though I asked them to change it. I'm probably now looking at Vat/Customes charge and the €10 DHL fee. What rate would the customs/Vat charge be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It'd make no difference. You'd still get hit no matter if it said it was a pillow.

Ah yeah, I know ... just hopeful more than anything. What do you reckon about €30 ?

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I know ... just hopeful more than anything. What do you reckon about €30 ?

23% vat, plus the handling charge (DHL 10 euro).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement