Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nice eye candy. pity it's not a 5.5 " screen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

presuki wrote:
    Does yours have lollipop pre installed?

Yeah mine has lollipop preloaded on it.

I got etotalk rom so dunno if they done it or elephone themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

jeffk wrote: »
    Yeah mine has lollipop preloaded on it.

I got etotalk rom so dunno if they done it or elephone themselves

OK, sound. Did you notice anything wrong or does it seem to work fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

My z9 mini will be here tomorrow. Heading stateside for the summer on Monday so I've thrown my thl 5000 on adverts if any one is interested. I didn't link it here as I feel that's probably against the rules but sure just search thl 5000 anyway and I'm there with the screenshots! Cheers :)

I'll post a review of the z9 mini too

presuki wrote:
    OK, sound. Did you notice anything wrong or does it seem to work fine?

Only issue that happened twice since Friday was a screen issue that made it flicker

I think it's from getting warm so just turned screen off or closed apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

90sBla wrote: »
    My z9 mini will be here tomorrow. Heading stateside for the summer on Monday so I've thrown my thl 5000 on adverts if any one is interested. I didn't link it here as I feel that's probably against the rules but sure just search thl 5000 anyway and I'm there with the screenshots! Cheers :)

I'll post a review of the z9 mini too

What day did you order? You swayed me towards the Z9 Mini so I ordered on Thursday! Pretty sure from the same seller too

Hayezer wrote: »
    What day did you order? You swayed me towards the Z9 Mini so I ordered on Thursday! Pretty sure from the same seller too

I think I ordered it last Tuesday and then on Wednesday the dhl tracking came online and it was in Gatwick. It hadn't moved until today when I emailed the seller telling her I was leaving the country so she emailed the supplier and now it will be delivered tomorrow it says! :)

I went for the 32gb micro sd add on , still ended up being a brilliant price with the uk warehouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My gf has a Galaxy S4 with a broken screen. She wants to upgrade to a refurb - I suggested something from China. What would you recommend as a replacement with similar or better specs in around €180-200 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

90sBla wrote: »
    I think I ordered it last Tuesday and then on Wednesday the dhl tracking came online and it was in Gatwick. It hadn't moved until today when I emailed the seller telling her I was leaving the country so she emailed the supplier and now it will be delivered tomorrow it says! :)

I went for the 32gb micro sd add on , still ended up being a brilliant price with the uk warehouse!

When you say in Gatwick, did it say "Shipment information received"? Mine says that with Gatwick next to it since Friday. Hopefully I get it by Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

someone should have warned you off buying SD cards from China, complete waste of money.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    someone should have warned you off buying SD cards from China, complete waste of money.

I always buy them as an add on and I've been fine! Hopefully this one is okay too.

Hayezer wrote: »
    When you say in Gatwick, did it say "Shipment information received"? Mine says that with Gatwick next to it since Friday. Hopefully I get it by Friday :)

Yeah it started as received and today it was processed , delivery tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Thinking about buying an S5 clone/Replica and wondering if anyone on here could recommend one have seen the (HDC and Goophone online) also wondering about which sites to buy from,Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ballybro wrote: »
    Thinking about buying an S5 clone/Replica and wondering if anyone on here could recommend one have seen the (HDC and Goophone online) also wondering about which sites to buy from,Thanks

Don't buy a clone, buy something good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

The ones you buy on separately are nearly guaranteed to be duds. Especially that one I think everybody sees which say "The brand of quality"... even though there's no brand on it!
    The ones that come bundled with phones are usually OK though.

SD cards are cheap enough here, buying them with the phone just adds to the value for customs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Subscribed to this myself Kenny, are you sure about the price? Great piece of kit if it is, would appreciate any views from the rest of the guys on here.

Ordered a case off Banggood(UK Warehouse) Saturday and it arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Subscribed to this myself Kenny, are you sure about the price? Great piece of kit if it is, would appreciate any views from the rest of the guys on here.

Well according to XE.com it is I've also seen a price somewhere for 125$ great spec for the price.

7,000.00 INR = 98.3584 EUR
    Indian Rupee ↔ Euro
    1 INR = 0.0140512 EUR 1 EUR = 71.1683 INR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My 64 and 32 GB cards work fine.

GBX wrote: »
    My gf has a Galaxy S4 with a broken screen. She wants to upgrade to a refurb - I suggested something from China. What would you recommend as a replacement with similar or better specs in around €180-200 ?

Cant go wrong with Jiayu

http://www.etotalk.com/jiayu-s3-316gb-black_p7956.html

Though if she wants similar size to the S4

http://www.etotalk.com/xiaomi-m3-16g_p3805.html

Im only using Etotalk as an example, check merimobiles, aliexpress, coolicool, etc for cheaper prices.

SHILL!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cant go wrong with Jiayu

http://www.etotalk.com/jiayu-s3-316gb-black_p7956.html

Though if she wants similar size to the S4

http://www.etotalk.com/xiaomi-m3-16g_p3805.html

Im only using Etotalk as an example, check merimobiles, aliexpress, coolicool, etc for cheaper prices.

Get the 64gb Mi3 if she opts for it. Its a wonderful phone, my favourite ever, but 16gb is not enough storage

eamonnq wrote: »
    SHILL!!! :D:D

Quote cutter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Good god the battery is draining like mad on this too!

Wasn't this the P3000s

The battery on mine struggled to last a day,but I uninstalled Divide and just used the stock email instead and its up to 1day 9hrs and still got 23%

That's the best it has ever performed

When I came to Dubin for Punchestown, it struggled to last the day, so hopefully its turned the corner by removing the one app

Strange :(

abarkie wrote: »
    Wasn't this the P3000s

The battery on mine struggled to last a day,but I uninstalled Divide and just used the stock email instead and its up to 1day 9hrs and still got 23%

That's the best it has ever performed

When I came to Dubin for Punchestown, it struggled to last the day, so hopefully its turned the corner by removing the one app

Strange :(

Whats divide? The battery has improved a lot most days Im going to bed with 20-40%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

:D

34hc86u.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well done Spix! You'll give us a review?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 kaislinn

I don't have any experience with Chinese Androids so far, but this one looks almost too good for the price. Cyanogen is looking awesome on it too! Anyone any idea where you could pick one up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement