Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deception [TV3]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah here, that's hardly the end of the series? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Using the phrase "half measure" wasn't really the best tactic. Just reminded me of Mike's advice in Breaking Bad: (from season 3 episode 12 so if you're not that far you have been warned)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah here, that's hardly the end of the series? :(

The makers might have hoped for another series but sorry lads it's not going to happen.
    Still I for one will treasure this a warning not an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

So Nicky has got rid of two brothers now.I cant figure out what he hits Johnny with in the vacant house.It wasn't the watch because Johnny threw it on the floor.I dont think he did it with the gun either?

Anyway, there dont seem to be a follow up of the stories each week.Just things happen, and there is no more about it after that.

They cant just leave it at that surely? There must be another series in the pipeline?......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

jimmyw wrote: »
    So Nicky has got rid of two brothers now.I cant figure out what he hits Johnny with in the vacant house.It wasn't the watch because Johnny threw it on the floor.I dont think he did it with the gun either?

Anyway, there dont seem to be a follow up of the stories each week.Just things happen, and there is no more about it after that.

They cant just leave it at that surely? There must be another series in the pipeline?......

He hits him with the hammer he had stashed down the back of his pants.

Did anybody recognise who was on the phone in the final scene ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

I took the phone caller to be Jack French.
    I might be wrong, seems to make sense in a warped way.
    I'm all for another season, I think it improved ad the weeks went by.
    Yep slot of the scripting and acting was piss poor, especially blondie "back on the morket" eejit.
    I still found myself watching it every week.

Yep, in a perverse way I want some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Yeah have to agree, I want to see more too. A full episode showing married life between Eoin and fake raper would be fun.

I don't see why jack would be calling the dead guy looking for money tho ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Yeah have to agree, I want to see more too. A full episode showing married life between Eoin and fake raper would be fun.

I don't see why jack would be calling the dead guy looking for money tho ??

cos jack clued him in on the money, and they were going to split it 50/50... Which would get Jack out of trouble and get Uncle Matt the prize of besty uncle ever for a 6 week period when he never knew about his niece beforehand award

• Registered Users Posts: 85,894 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Did anybody recognise who was on the phone in the final scene ?

I thought it was Jack or his son

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There was a suspicious lack of breakfast foodstuffs in shot this week. Therefore, it was a can of baked beans on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is it just me or did this thing just step up a couple of gears ? Seems a lot better quality, particularly the acting and writing, from a few weeks ago..

Is it just me or did this thing just step up a couple of gears ? Seems a lot better quality, particularly the acting and writing, from a few weeks ago..

Well the bar was low anyway but tbh I think it's just you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Even going forward was a big step for this

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Hmm, that was actually kind of cool. That scene in the first ep wasn't as mad and out of place as we all thought....
    I just got round to watching it there now andf following this thread as well. I see after the murder his shirt mysteriously was a lot cleaner when he was climbing the wall than just after the murder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

tommy2bad wrote: »
    The photo and memory card thing was a bit subtle, didn't put yer man down for so refined a bit of threatening behavior.

why didn't he destroy the photo, that would have been the first thing I'd have done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

coconut5 wrote: »
    Haha, that picture is amazing. Look at the sleazy expression on his face.

My theory is that he is the murderer and he took off his shirt cos there was loads of blood on it.

Just quoting myself for my Miss Marple levels of detection. ;)
    Caught up with the finale this evening, we got bonus wall climbing, delighted with that! Overall, not bad, the confusion from episode one was cleared up at least.
    Why would grown kids be asleep in the car in the middle of the day? Who wears a fascinator on a normal evening out? Why would you come back early just cos you forgot your keys? A boutique shop has a dress that costs only 50 euro? Andrew doesn't even act surprised when Matt jumps into his van out of nowhere?
    Still, I've enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Any one any idea why Deception isnt on...did the series finish without me even realsing it...I mean it was fairly hopeless but.....where is it gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yep, finished series, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

What was the idea about the clothes on the bed when he went upstairs after they came home from beach?

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    What was the idea about the clothes on the bed when he went upstairs after they came home from beach?

Wifes black clothes lain out as if for mourning. Veiled threat, far too subtle for a thug imnsho but then the photo was a bit oblique too.
    Writers trying to show how clever they are rather than how clever the character is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

Any word on when this is being repeated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

ffm wrote: »
    Any word on when this is being repeated yet?

Apparently it's on a permanent loop in the ninth circle of hell. No word on the website about a terrestrial repeat, though.

Apparently it's on a permanent loop in the ninth circle of hell. No word on the website about a terrestrial repeat, though.

I'm barred from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Haven't reached that level yet.

Still nothing about a repeat, no?

I dunno why i'm so eager to see it. I know it's gonna be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭George White

Oof, that's awful.

Did any of the producers ever explain why the "socialite" has essentially the same name as Katy French? It's another strange quirk.
    Was there any legal trouble? Because I remember the Man from Uncle had to have an episode re-edited because a character was called Judith Merle, as a criticism of an author named Judith Merrill.

Still waiting on this masterpiece to be repeated. I don't watch television that much so I hope I haven't missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

"Seemingly" the writers have teamed up with the writers of RTE's Amber for a real thriller production to be aired shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

1966 wrote: »
    "Seemingly" the writers have teamed up with the writers of RTE's Amber for a real thriller production to be aired shortly.

Tentatively titled.... "December".

• Advertisement

1966 wrote: »

Oh no! Amber is in the attic living on beans, :eek:

Advertisement