Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deception [TV3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Just while people are pointing out your errors, you are not entirely correct on this either. Approximately 7% of licence revenue goes to the BCI Broadcasting Fund. Revenue from this fund can be applied for by independent producers / broadcasters for specific projects

Exactly. And, as pointed out earlier in this thread, the producers of Deception received €600,000 from the BAI Sound & Vision Fund (aka the BCI Broadcasting Fund). This amounted to only half the production's funding but you'd have to wonder where all this money went as it certainly didn't end up on the screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

senor2013 wrote: »
    is Galway so revolting for you that you dont want to see a shot of it, us country folk have to put up with pointless shots of Dublin when watching the likes of Love Hate and Raw.
    Lol. Look at my location. I'm from Galway.
    Galway is my favourite place in Ireland. But yes, the shots that they squeeze in are pointless in the context of the show. They serve no purpose.
    I gave this show a fair chance. I thought the promos looked dodgy but I wanted it to be good. I wanted there to be a "great Galway show". But it's a long, long way from great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

senor2013 wrote: »
    Is there a reason that nobody ever gives TV3 a chance when they decide to do something new. They dont get a single cent of tv licence money RTE gets it all and look at the sh*t they put on. The only good thing to come out of RTE was love hate which had to start somewhere too and no one gave it a chance over the first couple of episodes. Give deception a chance. Its good enough, its getting 300,000 viewers every week which isnt bad. Some people probably dont want it to do good because its not made in the holy grail that everything is made - Dublin.
    To the people making smart remarks, i.e, is Galway so revolting for you that you dont want to see a shot of it, us country folk have to put up with pointless shots of Dublin when watching the likes of Love Hate and Raw.
    Another one Do you think that Dublin is the only county with trains? That wasnt the dart it was the Galway limerick train that uses near enough same carriages to the dart.
    If ye weren't picking up on such petty stuff like the above mentioned maybe ye might actually enjoy the programme. I am anyway!

Why dont you say what you really mean and stop beating around the bush and mincing your words :D.....................Well you've certainly expressed your opinion and got a debate going on here.Well I think you are being a bit too insensitive about the negative comments on here, there are bound to be folk who dont like different shows/things etc.
    I thought the first episode was not very good,but I still kept looking at it to see if it improved.Well I thought that last weeks episode was a little better so I am prepared to keep at it to see if it grows on me.This can happen with some shows.
    Some shows such as "Fair City" has a big listenership, but personally I cant stand it and I got lambasted by I think a female on this site for speaking negative opinions on it :p.So you will always have folk who like it...and others who dont, so best not take the neg comments to seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sparkletooth

Did anyone else notice the speech impediment dialogue between Emma and her mother when they're having a talk by the sea at the end of episode 2? Unbelievably shoddy by the director/editors to leave that in. Jesus, did they not retake any of the scenes? Most of the acting is terrible but I'd imagine it's pretty tough to act convincingly without any direction coming from the production team. Utter turd of a show but I will continue to watch for its comic value alone. As far as I know, the makers of Breaking Bad produce each episode for around the same money it cost to make this mess (6 episodes). Quality, not a pile of turds.

Emma: Don't tell me you were withou... with dun uh deighbours.

Tortured Mammy: I was with a... (constipation?) woman, alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sparkletooth

Haha! Garth Marenghi's Darkplace also came to mind while I watched the first episode. Although, that was a wonderful and intentionally side splitting comedy show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

It's so bad it makes it very enjoyable. Im starting to think it was done on purpose. The young fellow with the gun seems like a good actor

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

I've just read the last 37 pages and summarily decided that this is my favourite TV show of all time, despite never seeing an episode.
    I just hope there's another murder (there seems to have been a few), forcing the cash-strapped Síochána to bring in a psychic and who climbs over the nearest wall only fallen-on-hard-times Flathan in one of his sparkly shirts. Keep it in the family TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow, interest in this has seemingly tanked. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If this gets another series il eat my own face

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Hmmm

Not sure about poor Len here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jesus... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Could have left his shorts on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hmmm

Not sure about poor Len here.

"You address me by my proper title, ya little b*llocks!" :pac:

Insurance scam.

Ah jaysus he's hiding in the attic!!! At least be feckin original!! This was done by the canoe guy in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So, where is Len gone? Is this Len and the golden girls son or grandson?

:D

'Niamh, have you met my mam?'

'Of course I have.'

'She's a lesbian now.'

'Oh Emma.'

Ha, that guy was like Henry Sellers.

'Fire me?! I made the BBC!'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Good and bad so far this week.

First part was excellent IMO, bar some OTT script in places. 2nd part a bit flat and cringey.

Even the ads are crap. Xls medical studies have shown that eating less and keeping active help you lose weight.

WOW. thanks TV3!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

How steep is that roof lol!

Wait, is Len not mad after all?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Wait, is Len not mad after all?

No, he's a criminal genius hiding out in his attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

So thats where the beans went!

tommy2bad wrote: »
    So thats where the beans went!

It all starts to make sense. He must have been hoarding those beans for months.

Bahaha!

This is like an episode of Scooby Doo. :pac:

"It was the old man in the attic!"
    "Aye, and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that softie and his feckin' dog!"

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Bahaha!

This is like an episode of Scooby Doo. :pac:

"It was the old man in the attic!"
    "Aye, and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that softie and his feckin' dog!"

The incredibly fat dog.

Oh great!! It's the mad bitch!!!

If you've been affected by any of the issues on tonight's programme...

• Advertisement

If you've been affected by any of the issues on tonight's programme...

The only issues with this are the issues that the guy who commissioned it obviously had.

Advertisement