Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deception [TV3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I think it was a little better tonight considering.That "American" wan is annoying, but she got some figure on her though;), .......................................................................oh maybe I shouldn't have said that:(.

Oh and they have got a '10? (were they as late as that?) Saab too, b******s!

That language outa Leigh Arnold was shocking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Apparently we're meant to be figuring out who shot Emmas father,I'll go with Len.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Much as I hate to admit it, the kid is a halfway near decent actor.

yea he's not bad, really has the psycho look

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Has the Dart now moved to Galway or were my eyes deceiving me tonight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Redsquigy wrote: »

choo choo..... all aboard the whacko train.... choo choo...!! (would there be enough carriages??!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Watched this evenings episode thinking it was the first and not having seen anything here. Have to say I thought it was very good and will defo watch again next week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Some hilarious moments tonight. The mother's acting was atrocious. When your main storyline centres around Jeffrey the Dummy, you know you've got problems. How did Leigh know about him? I think he must have stolen Len's beans.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Redsquigy wrote: »
    ****ty commuter train that goes to Limerick for more time and money than the bus.

Joking aside, there appeared to have been plenty on the crew from the Galway area, so why in the name of all that is sane did they film the "execution" scene pretty much where Manuela Riedo was murdered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Robbo wrote: »
    ****ty commuter train that goes to Limerick for more time and money than the bus.

well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I missed it last night... any update on Len and the beans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Robbo wrote: »
    Joking aside, there appeared to have been plenty on the crew from the Galway area, so why in the name of all that is sane did they film the "execution" scene pretty much where Manuela Riedo was murdered?

Oof, that's awful.

Did any of the producers ever explain why the "socialite" has essentially the same name as Katy French? It's another strange quirk.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I missed it last night... any update on Len and the beans?

Len is the focal point of the show next week. He thought that young Troy was his son in last's night episode and was giving him money for 'sweeties'.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,172 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Best bit of the episode was the mother and her fab figure!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

what a horrible estate they all live in. the houses all look very bare and freezing cold. minimalist is putting it mildly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Tune in next week:

Len fecks up his interview for the Horology Course

Unmissable stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Just watched episode 3 tonight. Priceless moments from Benedict Cumberbatch's little brother. This series is in the 'so bad it's good' category. I am enjoying it so very much but not for the reasons the producers intended.

Cannot wait for Len's episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Guy lets off gunshots in the house and no one calls the police?

Say what you want, but Jack French built good houses

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

WealthyB wrote: »
    Whenever they do a long shot of the "Solid as the man himself" sign, I start singing "Solid As A Rock" like in Arrested Development.

WealthyB wrote: »

They absorb bullets without leaving a mark as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AlanG

Watched the third episode last night and I must say the show has got better each week. They really messed up the first week with a disjointed storyline and poor editing but there has certainly been a marked improvement, longer scenes, better acting and more clarity. Hopefully they can bring the five stories together in the sixth episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've missed the last two episodes, must catch up.

The writers of the show are giving talks in Galway and Dublin if anyone's interested.

http://www.galwayfilmcentre.ie/training/fabricating-deceptions-in-galway/

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I've missed the last two episodes, must catch up.

The writers of the show are giving talks in Galway and Dublin if anyone's interested.

http://www.galwayfilmcentre.ie/training/fabricating-deceptions-in-galway/

They're going out in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,172 ✭✭✭✭walshb

AlanG wrote: »
    Watched the third episode last night and I must say the show has got better each week. They really messed up the first week with a disjointed storyline and poor editing but there has certainly been a marked improvement, longer scenes, better acting and more clarity. Hopefully they can bring the five stories together in the sixth episode.

There have only been 3 episodes so far, right? The alzheimer story is next week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

kneemos wrote: »
    They're going out in public?
    Balls the size of bowling balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 senor2013

Is there a reason that nobody ever gives TV3 a chance when they decide to do something new. They dont get a single cent of tv licence money RTE gets it all and look at the sh*t they put on. The only good thing to come out of RTE was love hate which had to start somewhere too and no one gave it a chance over the first couple of episodes. Give deception a chance. Its good enough, its getting 300,000 viewers every week which isnt bad. Some people probably dont want it to do good because its not made in the holy grail that everything is made - Dublin.
    To the people making smart remarks, i.e,
    Cannot WAIT for next week. I propose a drinking game.
    Take a drink whenever there's a pointless shot of Galway
    is Galway so revolting for you that you dont want to see a shot of it, us country folk have to put up with pointless shots of Dublin when watching the likes of Love Hate and Raw.
    Another one
    Has the dart moved to Galway
    Do you think that Dublin is the only county with trains? That wasnt the dart it was the Galway limerick train that uses near enough same carriages to the dart.
    If ye weren't picking up on such petty stuff like the above mentioned maybe ye might actually enjoy the programme. I am anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

senor2013 wrote: »
    Is there a reason that nobody ever gives TV3 a chance when they decide to do something new. They dont get a single cent of tv licence money RTE gets it all and look at the sh*t they put on. The only good thing to come out of RTE was love hate which had to start somewhere too and no one gave it a chance over the first couple of episodes. Give deception a chance. Its good enough, its getting 300,000 viewers every week which isnt bad. Some people probably dont want it to do good because its not made in the holy grail that everything is made - Dublin.
    To the people making smart remarks, i.e, is Galway so revolting for you that you dont want to see a shot of it, us country folk have to put up with pointless shots of Dublin when watching the likes of Love Hate and Raw.
    Another one Do you think that Dublin is the only county with trains? That wasnt the dart it was the Galway limerick train that uses near enough same carriages to the dart.
    If ye weren't picking up on such petty stuff like the above mentioned maybe ye might actually enjoy the programme. I am anyway!

Must be one of the script writers :D

Hint, if its good, people will still watch, even after the novelty value has worn off. This series is riding along on its novelty value only at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

One would have to wonder if senor2013 has any vested interest here. ;)

I agree that new shows need to be given a chance, but Deception is beyond bad. A new show, even if it looks a little unpolished, still needs to have some element of a compelling story or interesting characters. Deception has nothing.

An uninteresting story, very poor writing, awful production values, awful acting (from some actors who are otherwise excellent). That may be harsh on the people involved, but it's true. My suspicion is that (like Fair City) they're trying to produce it on a shoestring and everything is suffering as a result.

Since you contrast with Love/Hate, while that looked a little unpolished at the start, it started with an excellently written, compelling story and solid performances by the actors involved. If Deception even had a realistic plot, that would be a start. "Your son had a gun at school and pointed it at other pupils. But I'm going to call you in and debate the issue rather than calling the Gardai and permanently expelling him"

Well, I watch it every week, so I feel like I am giving it a chance. I also enjoy coming on here and reading funny comments. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Is there a reason that nobody ever gives TV3 a chance when they decide to do something new. They dont get a single cent of tv licence money RTE gets it all and look at the sh*t they put on.

Just while people are pointing out your errors, you are not entirely correct on this either. Approximately 7% of licence revenue goes to the BCI Broadcasting Fund. Revenue from this fund can be applied for by independent producers / broadcasters for specific projects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AlanG

Give deception a chance. Its good enough, its getting 300,000 viewers every week which isnt bad. Some people probably dont want it to do good because its not made in the holy grail that everything is made - Dublin.

Have to agree that while the first episode was poor some of the criticism on here is of a much lower standard. Nearly every popular TV show has cut scenes of the area it’s based in but some people on boards consider it a major criticism of this show. Also it is a work of fiction so if they use locations in Limerick or other places that is just standard TV practice. It’s not a documentary on street locations, distances and traffic flow. If someone gets a taxi a distance that is actually 200 meters in Galway remember it’s not Reality TV. The parochial house in Fr. Ted isn’t even on an offshore Island, does that make it less of a show?
    Also not everyone who sees some good in this show has a vested interest.

Advertisement