Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deception [TV3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

the plot thickens :eek:

The thick plottens more like !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

That's the Salthill Hotel, lovely pool. The exit is the other way Leigh.
    Owen is a bit monotone, isn't he? I guess that's his 'cool' persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

whats with the close up of yer mans arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Your man even walks like a dumbass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Not a good plot faking a rape :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Was that the causeway to Mutton Island it showed just before it showed the estate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Emma's still wearing her new shoes. The acting has reached a new low this week. Why was Owen ringing a college student asking him did he know any lawyers? This show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

So where is the little daughter from ep1?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Eh... so... are we actually ever going to find out who killed Emma's father? I mean, there was kind of a big deal made about the murder in Ep. 1 and Ep. 2, but it seems to be getting less and less important as the series goes on. :pac:

I know I say this every week, but I'm still enjoying it despite its flaws (of which there are many).

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I know I say this every week, but I'm still enjoying it despite its flaws (of which there are many).

The show is one big flaw

• Advertisement

Still,I got a laugh out of the accused rapist telling his dad "I was sick of her anyway, so it's a win win".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

whats with the close up of yer mans arse...

Yeah bloody gross, I nearly threw up:eek:.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't go to the woods to meet the woman he knew was lying............................................... would they??

It does beg the more serious question though about how you can be accused of rape or any offence and its automatically assumed that you are guilty, without any consequences for the accuser if it turns out to be a total false accusation :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The magic Avensis / Audi from last week was being driven by the cops.

I think the key element to tie all the plot lines together is going to be breakfast ingredients. First it was the beans and now it's the gratuitious use of orange juice.

I wouldn't be surprised if the murder weapon happened to be a black pudding, which the assailant then ate to destroy the evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

How many times did they show the housing estate last night? It's not an auctioneer's brochure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

staker wrote: »
    How many times did they show the housing estate last night? It's not an auctioneer's brochure.
    But a local auctioneer was clearly availing of the relaxed rules on product placement...

When her from Love/Hate was talking about getting some work at the hospital, all I could think of was Darkplace:
    Dr. Liz Asher: Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
    Receptionist: (wooden) Well that sounds excellent. Our last doctor only just recently died in horrific circumstances. Can you start immediately?
    Dr. Liz Asher: Sure, do I have time to go to the toilet?
    Receptionist: (wooden) Not really, I've just paged Dr. Sanchez to come and pick you up.
    Dr. Lucien Sanchez: I'm Dr. Sanchez! You're a woman.
    Dr. Liz Asher: Yes, I hope that's not a problem.
    Dr. Lucien Sanchez: Not at all. There's plenty of skirt on the ward, this is the 20th century after all though some don't like to admit it. Welcome to Darkplace, Liz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

My favourite part from last night was when the solicitor (who was dealing the milky bar racist and the guy from the radio ads) answered his phone upside down.

(The part after the woods).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

Is next week the last one? I haven't seen it yet but no doubt good ol' TV3 will just start showing it from the start at the same time the following week. I really have to see how bad this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

coconut5 wrote: »
    Emma's still wearing her new shoes. The acting has reached a new low this week. Why was Owen ringing a college student asking him did he know any lawyers? This show.

I was getting a train last week when a couple of youths (15-17, I would reckon) were there. One asks his friend for his lawyers number. The friend replied saying he would give it to him and told him he was really good because of the number of times he had gotten off. :rolleyes: Guess it is possible for younger people to know lawyers.

This show is still as cringey as ever. But I still want to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This has to be one of the worst shows to come out of Ireland yet.

There were too many "highlights" to chose from in last nights episode but I was particularly amused by the accused rapist leaving the police station and going home in the white garda examination jumpsuit so as to identify him as a criminal (or lost csi investigator) to all. Then his willingness to stop and have for chat and a weak wave to the neighbours on his way was just hilarious.

If nothing else it has started to make me laugh so I'm going to keep tuning in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Jesus the missus had this on there tonight, bloody hell the acting from the bloke with the blond hair was so bad i felt sorry for him. :eek::eek:

Well last one now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*obligatory wall climbing scene*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus dangerous man with a hammer :)

Hmm, that was actually kind of cool. That scene in the first ep wasn't as mad and out of place as we all thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The thread has fairly fizzled out since the mystery of Len and the beans was wrapped up.

Is it just me or is this better than it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this better than it was?

The writing has certainly improved..

"I don't know, now fu*k off"

"The first time I saw your brother he was dead. Now **** off!"

In a way, it's kind of cool that his poor acting makes it even more obvious that he's lying through his arse. :pac:

• Advertisement

The photo and memory card thing was a bit subtle, didn't put yer man down for so refined a bit of threatening behavior.

Advertisement