Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know if they are selling the 2ds as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

cloud493 wrote: »
    1381512_1458805684344682_818434942_n.jpg

I was told argos was at 50 though.

Don't open that wrapper! Nintendo international air corp are on standby!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

So anyone know if it's for sale anywhere today?

Also, which version is everyone getting? I still can't decide! Although I'm leaning towards Y.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Colham wrote: »
    So anyone know if it's for sale anywhere today?

Also, which version is everyone getting? I still can't decide! Although I'm leaning towards Y.

I've reserved a copy of each for pick up today in Argos. 45.99 each and a free poster if that floats your boat. Posters have amazing buoyancy .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

No idea if smyths in Galway have broken release date with X and the 2DS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Smyth's posted on Facebook, that they're available today:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151855200206077&set=a.425674471076.221226.371137191076&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
    Are you ready to become a Pokémon master? Pokémon X & Y for 3DS are available at Smyths Toys Superstores from TODAY (Friday)!

Have decided to bite the bullet and fork out extra for a 3DS XL :)

Stupidly excited. I was late to the other pokemon games, usually getting them months after they came out. Looking forward to playing this with the community.

And I seriously want to capture them ALL this time round. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Can anyone confirm is Argos are selling it today, I was able to reserve it but I just want to be sure that they let people actually buy it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Excellent stuff! I'll pick it up there after work. Now just to decide which version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rang gamestop as my pre order is there there not selling the game today but with argos and Smyth's selling the game they will more then likely be selling it later today.

Had Jak HD for the PS3 and MGS HD for the PSV to trade in got both games free on the PSN over the last year. So traded them in for a copy of GTA5 + €10. Then i traded in GTA5 for €50 so pokemon X is fully paid off for me.

• Advertisement

Rang gamestop as my pre order is there there not selling the game today but with argos and Smyth's selling the game they will more then likely be selling it later today.
    And broken according to random twitter guy!: https://twitter.com/Conall2/status/388616548816257024

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

And broken according to random twitter guy!: https://twitter.com/Conall2/status/388616548816257024

Just called my GameStop there and its been brokering !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Smyths have definitely broken it, got mine a while ago in Childers Road. Now i just have to work for a few more hours before I can play it :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

So have GameStop broken as well?

Just got mine in GameStop. Guy told me ten minutes earlier and I wouldn't have, but that just before I went in, they got word to give it out if asked for it. I had to tell them why (told them everyone else was selling, and they were amazed).

They aren't selling the 2ds though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Just got mine in GameStop. Guy told me ten minutes earlier and I wouldn't have, but that just before I went in, they got word to give it out if asked for it. I had to tell them why (told them everyone else was selling, and they were amazed).

They aren't selling the 2ds though.
    nooooo the girlfriend traded in her 3ds yesterday in the hopes that would leak a day early too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

My brother got my copy of X in smyths n Cork :) Can't wait to play it and are gamestop actually charging €5 more than everywhere else as usual

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's on the shelves right now in tesco dundrum. I just bought it myself :)

It's on the shelves right now in tesco dundrum. I just bought it myself :)

How much?

Dammit everyone and their cousin's sheep are getting the games today but it seems as if I have to wait

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How much?

€44.99

Splinter wrote: »
    nooooo the girlfriend traded in her 3ds yesterday in the hopes that would leak a day early too :(

Said permission was given to sell the game but not the console.

Took one out of the box to show me though. They actually feel really nice in the hand, and are smaller than I thought. In a good way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Walked in to Argos (to buy something in the shop for the first time in years and years) to pick this up (my first Pokemon game since Gold). Strolled up to the counter with my reservation number. Employee types the number in, "sorry, it's not out tomorrow". Double fail here.

Frickin' Nintendo, releasing games on a Saturday :pac:

Anyway, I'll pop over to Smyths after work. I'm actually quite excited to see where the franchise has gone in the last twelve years! Looks like the first truly next-gen addition since those good ol' days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beemo

Picked mine up at Argos in Cork no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just got it in Smyths in Cork. Stopped in at Golden Discs for the first time since I've seen them open, but they only have cds and dvds. Went over to Gamestop and they had a thing saying it'd be out tomorrow, and the queues were pretty bad. Figured I'd just go to Smyths, which I did. Got the 2DS, Pokemon X and a pair of earphones. Just back in a couple of minutes. On first holding the 2DS, it seemed a bit off somehow, but even after only a few mins I'm coming around, though obviously I'll have to have significant game time played to see how I find it. Haven't played a Pokemon since red or blue, whichever one I played.

Got mine in GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hochspitch

I just got mine in Argos is Dublin no problem. They had it as "in stock" on their database and I just walked up to the counter with the code and she sold it to me no problem. Now to waste the rest of my weekend away to my new game..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It ain't midnight in Tokyo
    Berlin or London
    Ain't got no Grass starter
    My download is undone
    Cause its still Friday in japaaaaaaan
    And baby I miss youuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

hochspitch wrote: »
    I just got mine in Argos is Dublin no problem. They had it as "in stock" on their database and I just walked up to the counter with the code and she sold it to me no problem. Now to waste the rest of my weekend away to my new game..

Dropped in during lunch (into St Stephens Green), and they said there not selling it till tomorrow. Guess, they changed things since then. Sure might drop in on the way home, and give it another go.

• Advertisement

Ah damn it.

Spent 2 hours catching a
    Pansear, Panpour and Pansage
    in White 2 the other day.

Walk into the first forest and catch them all in about 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Spend an hour looking for a
    Pikachu
    . Brother catches one in his first wild encounter in the forest :rolleyes: I do like the way
    Pikachu's voice is vocalised, in that he says "Pika pika!"

Still....this game is so gorgeous.

Anyone know how long it takes to get one of the Kanto starters?

Advertisement