Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

operation transformation 2013

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Oh God that Monaghan accent...!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking forward to seen how that young lad is getting on tomorrow night,I hope he is back at a healthy weight and is doing well.

Also Dr Eva for the Dail :) wouldn't be long sorting out the back bench hecklers

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Quite contrary

I know, and Deirdres accent is no better, both very thick accents.

Charlotte did very well , tonight, great loss.The rest of the show, bored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Looking forward to seen how that young lad is getting on tomorrow night,I hope he is back at a healthy weight and is doing well.

Also Dr Eva for the Dail :) wouldn't be long sorting out the back bench hecklers

I dont think he could be at a healthy weight yet, was he not 21st at his peak? He has done fantastically tho, so well done to him and his family. I really hope they keep it up after the show. He deserves a lovely childhood after the difficult start.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Wow well done Gavin! And Aaron big difference

• Advertisement

Aaron is doing very well, it's great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Monica's fantastic - such a positive attitude and absolutely no drama with her at all. A lot is probably because of the editing, to be fair, but she's impressing me most this year.

vitani wrote: »
    Monica's fantastic - such a positive attitude and absolutely no drama with her at all. A lot is probably because of the editing, to be fair, but she's impressing me most this year.

Indeed.

No sob stories either. She comes across as very genuine, both her and Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Aaron is doing very well, it's great to see.

It sure is,comes across as a real nice kid as well,hope it all works out well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

Isn't it a Cavan accent she has???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

puss wrote: »
    Isn't it a Cavan accent she has???

she does that Elvis lip thing when she talks.

it all fizzled out a bit this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Bar The guy that couldn't make it, I felt a little disappointed with last year's contestants. They don't seem to have pushed on. The young girl was on the right track to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Beau wrote: »
    Bar The guy that couldn't make it, I felt a little disappointed with last year's contestants. They don't seem to have pushed on. The young girl was on the right track to be fair.

I thought Grace was looking great also! and the other contestants are doing really well, Natalie said she's down to a size 14 now and they knew they weren't at goal but are getting there, I think they are in a better place than they were 12 months ago, with a better lifestyle.

I think this years contestants are looking fab, looking forward to seeing them on the catwalk tonight! I think Charlotte has done great she's looking amazing!

agree.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    she does that Elvis lip thing when she talks.

it all fizzled out a bit this year..

Yes Ive noticed this.And deirdre sucks in her bottom lip,and closes her eyes, when she talks too, the things we notice. It's just not been as good this year. I think monica, and Gavin will go on, to do exceptionally well. They have both been great leader's and a inspiration. Only for those two, and I would have stopped watching weeks ago. Gavin's son telling him how proud he was, after the run,would bring a tear to a glass eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

bb86 wrote: »
    I thought Grace was looking great also! and the other contestants are doing really well, Natalie said she's down to a size 14 now and they knew they weren't at goal but are getting there, I think they are in a better place than they were 12 months ago, with a better lifestyle.

Natalie (I think) looked great in her modelling photos! Great to see Aaron doing the 5k, hope to see a big change in him if they revisit him next year, he's a nice kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I feel a bit funny about that guy who got the gastric bypass being included in the show. I mean fair do's to him, he's be eating minuscule amounts for the rest fo his life and his skin will be another emotional issue. But since this show is really about changing your eating habits and your exercise habits, showing someone who has lost such a huge amount through surgery, well it defeats the purpose. I'm not saying he shouldn't have done it, I'm just saying that maybe this isn't the place.

Good on Aaron. He's a perfect example and role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I guess I would've expected more dramatic changes after a year, if they stuck to the eating habits and upped the ante on the exercises. They have kinda plateaued,maybe the show is to short or they should take a break after 6 weeks, and provide all the support they need and come back for a finale later? Simaller to Biggest Loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

It was nice to have some sort of follow up with last years people. At least they all seem to be maintaining a healthy lifestyle and have not falling back into old habits.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kathryn and Gavin become a little more than televison friends!! Ever since she went for that run with him a few episodes ago they seem to be super friendly!! He always seems to get a hug of her per episode!! :D
    Remember folks you read it here first!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lilyrose22

I frickin love Gavin!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

I guess I would've expected more dramatic changes after a year, if they stuck to the eating habits and upped the ante on the exercises. They have kinda plateaued,maybe the show is to short or they should take a break after 6 weeks, and provide all the support they need and come back for a finale later? Simaller to Biggest Loser.

I think that losing 5 1/2 stone, running a Marathon, 4 Half Marathons and numerous 5 & 10k races is a pretty dramatic change in a year, but everyone sets different targets I suppose ;-)

Remember that each leader undergoes serious changes during the programme and perhaps they finish in a position where they are happy with their appearance & they don't want to lose more.

Edit: I have read your post from last night though (page 11) & thanks for your kind comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I think that losing 5 1/2 stone, running a Marathon, 4 Half Marathons and numerous 5 & 10k races is a pretty dramatic change in a year, but everyone sets different targets I suppose ;-)

Remember that each leader undergoes serious changes during the programme and perhaps they finish in a position where they are happy with their appearance & they don't want to lose more.

He did specifically exclude you in his earlier comment to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

hardCopy wrote: »
    He did specifically exclude you in his earlier comment to be fair

Yes, I did see that and have amended my post accordingly! Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as narkey;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I would have loved an hour long show tonight for the final show:( Going to be over too soon and wonder how they'll fit the makeover and weighin in a half hour..

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

I think Kathryn is just being very supportive to Gavin they both live in Dublin I doubt it's anything more than support

But can't believe it's over already went really quick

He looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

This episode is going to be a tear-jerker! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Natalie said she's down to a size 14 now and they knew they weren't at goal but are getting there,

Lies make Baby Jesus cry.
    No way is she a size 14!!!

Aside from the weight loss I think she has gotten a wake up to have a life for herself. Good for her:)

• Advertisement

Gavin's make over is impressive

Advertisement