Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

operation transformation 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

Kathryn is well fit,I just hope us fellas get to see her in her running gear again this year in this series :D

Gavin seems to be flying it,comes across as real sound man,hope he continues to do well in the weeks ahead.
    Good series again this year,breaking it up into half hour programmes was a good idea.

I can't believe the change in Gavin in a mere couple of weeks! He already looks so different and watching him smiling and playing with his kids was lovely to see. I have no doubt he'll have a line up of women wanting to go out with him in no time at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Seems like our Gavin is a bit of a sensitive soul and couldn't hack the drill sergeant this week. Pathetic tantrum. He needs to grow a pair.
    Fair play to Greg for hanging around and trying to help the girls.

Apart from that, that bloody song by Lykke Li is extremely irritating when they play the same clip from it about 15 times per show.
    "I will follow, I'll follow you, deep sea baby...." :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Heroditas wrote: »
    Seems like our Gavin is a bit of a sensitive soul and couldn't hack the drill sergeant this week. Pathetic tantrum. He needs to grow a pair.
    Fair play to Greg for hanging around and trying to help the girls.

Apart from that, that bloody song by Lykke Li is extremely irritating when they play the same clip from it about 15 times per show.
    "I will follow, I'll follow you, deep sea baby...." :mad:

Gavin gave up a bit too easily

The rest did well especially deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Quite contrary

Gregs reaction to not being able to do the obstacle course,was a bit over the top,he was sick not his fault. Gavin gave up far to easily. The last two nights shows haven't been great. Theirs just not enough emphasis on exercise with the leaders as their should be, and far too much emphasis on their own personal stories still.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The obstacle course is always a load of rubbish - all that team-building crap is done purely for the cameras and to give the army something to do. They seem to think they're that mad sergeant from Full Metal Jacket :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

. Theirs just not enough emphasis on exercise with the leaders as their should be, and far too much emphasis on their own personal stories still.

+1.........Theres far too much "going back over things"....We know who they are now, what they do , where they live etc etc.......:rolleyes:

+1.........Theres far too much "going back over things"....We know who they are now, what they do , where they live etc etc.......:rolleyes:

Yes, they keep going over the same stuff. Reminds me of when I use to watch the X factor, and it was the same stories week in, week out, from the contestants on the show. I have no interest either,in seeing someone, having their lunch in their place of work, or someone dropping over to a relatives house, to drink tea, and look at photos of themselves, from when they were younger. Just get to the exercise.

Yes, they keep going over the same stuff. Reminds me of when I use to watch the X factor, and it was the same stories week in, week out, from the contestants on the show. I have no interest either,in seeing someone, having their lunch in their place of work, or someone dropping over to a relatives house, to drink tea, and look at photos of themselves, from when they were younger. Just get to the exercise.

Don't forget the overly sentimental music being played in the background whenever these clips are shown :rolleyes:

I have never noticed the music, but will take note, for next week, when the same stories, are being told, all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I don't like the split into 2 shows over the week. I watch it on sky plus and between the ads and fast forwarding through the 'log on to our website, app etc) there's only about 20 mins per episode of actual action.

I'd like a lot more info on the exercise and food plans and less on their emotional back story. The first week of it was fine but not every week.

• Advertisement

There is 5 leaders etc hard to fit in everything
    The website and app have loads of info

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

cazzak79 wrote: »

There's an awful lot of filler on the show with constant recaps and reminders about the walks, the app, the 5k and the website.

And the website is awful compared to previous years. It's a show about weight loss and they have no calorie counts on anything.

It's all fairly poor this year compared to last year, they should have stuck to the previous format and just added more recipes. The only change it really needed was to run for longer, it would have been nice to see longer term changes in the leaders and some follow up after a couple of months. They should also have gone to meet last year's leaders before the beginning of this season.

I found the whole obstacle course a bit of a joke aswell the other night. Greg holding the net up for them to help them. And Kathryn, having to help push a leader around, on the end of the rope that was being pulled anyway,so wasn't like they had to pull it themselves. I dont think any of that should be allowed. Very poor this year indeed. The show could be so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

cazzak79 wrote: »

If they ran over an hour they'd fit the 5 leaders in. They're really embracing the 360 media (think it's called that) where the radio, tv, web all ties in. I don't get to listen to radio during the day and might go online once or twice a week so I'd like to see a lot more on tv of the participants actually doing stuff instead of sitting around looking at photos of themselves.

I think we're 3 weeks in and I don't think I've seen much footage of anyone out for a walk where's last year I remember at least once a week Karl would turn up at someone's house and drag them outside for a 4 mile walk.

Meathlass wrote: »
    If they ran over an hour they'd fit the 5 leaders in. They're really embracing the 360 media (think it's called that) where the radio, tv, web all ties in. I don't get to listen to radio during the day and might go online once or twice a week so I'd like to see a lot more on tv of the participants actually doing stuff instead of sitting around looking at photos of themselves.

I think we're 3 weeks in and I don't think I've seen much footage of anyone out for a walk where's last year I remember at least once a week Karl would turn up at someone's house and drag them outside for a 4 mile walk.

No, me either,but we get to see, groups of people walking instead from all different parts of the country. Something else I don't need to be see.Or people sending in footage from various different employers around the country, who like to inform us, that they are taking part in operation transformation. I don't wish to see that either.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

She just left the baby on the sofa..!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

There was a cameraman watching him. He was grand. :P

I was surprised she left the baby on sofa im sure he was fine
    That poor kid 21st at 12 !

I couldn't believe that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought it was a bit much to show that. I'm sure plenty of parents have those brief moments, the only difference is that they don't have a camera following them.

• Advertisement

I am sure parents do, get those moments. But I still would have put him somewhere safe like a bouncer, and then left the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I thought it was a bit much to show that. I'm sure plenty of parents have those brief moments, the only difference is that they don't have a camera following them.

Agree, but hopefully most parents (& people) will understand and sympathise with her. I think anyone with more than one is a saint, tbh. I have a 2 year old and I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to walk away.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Obviously her little strop was for the benefits of the camera but to leave an 8 month old baby on a leather sofa and walk away was a bit much and dangerous...

Anyway, well done that young man. He's really putting in the work...:)

Obviously her little strop was for the benefits of the camera but to leave an 8 month old baby on a leather sofa and walk away was a bit much and dangerous...

Anyway, well done that young man. He's really putting in the work...:)

Baby was four months old.

Was it just a coincidence that the camera crew visited her on the day that her husband was doing a long shift? The more I see of this year's programme, the more I think it resembles X Factor - their manipulation and their background sob stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Felt so sorry for her (been there myself).

Delighted with the 12 year old losing 2 stone brilliant. Is his mum following the diet too - did they say how much she had lost?

Was it just a coincidence that the camera crew visited her on the day that her husband was doing a long shift? The more I see of this year's programme, the more I think it resembles X Factor - their manipulation and their background sob stories.

Very much so, and it was the all that nonsense that made me stop watching the X factor years back. I still would have kept my cool, with a camera present, and just got up a took a breather away.Lots of talk about it, in my place of work, about how she acted, and all from Mothers, who I presumed, would be nothing but supportive of her, being Mothers themselves, that shocked me a bit.

Who is Dr Ava telling off in tonight's episode? I missed the last five minutes of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Its quite annoying that they are advertising a 5k run in Dublin/Cork but both are completely full and nobody else can sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Wouldn't be my choice of bridesmaid dress....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Who is Dr Ava telling off in tonight's episode? I missed the last five minutes of the show.

Charlotte i believe, who is giving just as good back

Advertisement