Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Santi101 wrote: »

Same boat mate. Not sure it's a great idea to get Theo in if you have Santi already, have a feeling Southampton away wont be easy.

Thinking Bale
    > either Hazard or Mata as I'd fear for QPR there.

I was thinking of a similar move but will mata play against QPR? He has played in every game throughout the Christmas period.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Bale and Berbatov out
    Walcott and Defoe in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭slingerz

clyne out o'brien in (preparing for gameweek 23)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

bale to victor moses for me. Has to be a doubt on mata starting thats why I went with moses who will surely start after not playing yesterday. Its going to be a very short time in my team as hes gone at 1130 tomorrow once that wildcards active. Not to put any pressure on you victor but my last two transfers bale and walcott have both got hat tricks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

bale to walcott

i plan on using my wildcard straight away as i need to make quite a few changes so plan on bringing bale back in, i sold him for 9.7 so asuming he drops .1 i'll only have lost .1 on him but will probably have saved .3 by not waiting until next week for walcott.

Mertesacker is fit to play which is good news because i now might be able to hold off on a points hit to ditch enrique and just do it with my WC.

at the moment i have nolan suspended, enrique injured, any word on michu?? because if he didn't play nelsen would come in away to chelsea which is 1 point maximum (unless he gets a freak goal) so may consider getting rid of enrique now for a 4 points hit.

so does anyone know if michu is likely to be back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lemlin wrote: »
    Transfer made. Shorey to Turner. With Bale suspended and Michu possibly missing, I had to make sure I had a full subs bench and Shorey hasn't been getting his place. I'm worried about Torres or Mata being rested.

Torres would of got the bullet for Defoe or Ba had Chelsea not got QPR at home up next.

I also thought about Gibbs for Nastasic but Arsenal have a very hard run coming up.

I pulled the trigger on Tevez to Torres,could bite me in the arse but QPR are so bad at the moment I feel Torres could run riot while Tevez may not even play as Mancini might stick with Aguero/Dzeko,plus Stoke will have their first choice defense back and are a tougher proposition than a half hearted QPR team.

@ Jimmy Iovine, I have both Walcott & Cazorla in my team.The way Arsenal attacked Newcastle,I feel they'll put a few past Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Begovic Federici
    Mertesacker Enrique cuellar ivanovic shorey
    Bale mata michu sterling puncheon
    Ba Suarez tevez

2 f/t & .6 mil in bank

Tevez is wrecking my head
    Defence is a shambles

Suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Took a 8pt hit this week - madness I know but drink involved.

Did Bale > Walcott on Sat night.

Then last night did Morrison (WBA) > Mata & Enrique > Cuellar.

Had no Arsenal or Chelsea coverage though, so method to the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think I'm gonna get Gibbs in for this week only. It's my only chance of definitely being able to field 11.

WC will be played tomorrow and he will be gone.

That makes sense, right?

I think I'm gonna get Gibbs in for this week only. It's my only chance of definitely being able to field 11.

WC will be played tomorrow and he will be gone.

That makes sense, right?
    just looking at that myself hes definetly going up.1 tonight and id say he will go up another .1 over the next 10 days so wait till that happens before u wildcard him out it will be a handy .1 profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

just looking at that myself hes definetly going up.1 tonight and id say he will go up another .1 over the next 10 days so wait till that happens before u wildcard him out it will be a handy .1 profit.

He has a dgw coming surely worth keeping until after that!

bensboys wrote: »
    He has a dgw coming surely worth keeping until after that!

Ill be switching him to sagna once if made my profit on him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bale to victor moses for me. Has to be a doubt on mata starting thats why I went with moses who will surely start after not playing yesterday. Its going to be a very short time in my team as hes gone at 1130 tomorrow once that wildcards active. Not to put any pressure on you victor but my last two transfers bale and walcott have both got hat tricks for me.

if he gets 3 for you the seas will surely part for a safe passage up the rankings

manual_man wrote: »
    if he gets 3 for you the seas will surely part for a safe passage up the rankings

ha ha very good

ha ha very good

;)

totally unsure what to do this week, 1ft

this is my squad:

jussi mignolet
    enrique shawcross bassong zabaleta stam
    mata walcott bale sterling cazorla
    rvp hernandez berba

really not confident on getting a strong starting xi for this week, i can afford to keep Enrique and Sterling and not lose any money, but Enrique is injured and Sterling looks off-form

considering a hit for either:

Enrique->Gibbs and Sterling->De Guzman
    or Enrique->O Brien and Sterling to Pienaar

De Guzman and Pienaar both against sides who are leaking goals, but obviously if Michu is passed fit De Guzman not such a strong proposition

totally unsure what to do this week, 1ft

this is my squad:

jussi mignolet
    enrique shawcross bassong zabaleta stam
    mata walcott bale sterling cazorla
    rvp hernandez berba

really not confident on getting a strong starting xi for this week, i can afford to keep Enrique and Sterling and not lose any money, but Enrique is injured and Sterling looks off-form

considering a hit for either:

Enrique->Gibbs and Sterling->De Guzman
    or Enrique->O Brien and Sterling to Pienaar

De Guzman and Pienaar both against sides who are leaking goals, but obviously if Michu is passed fit De Guzman not such a strong proposition

If michus fit I wouldnt take a points hit you have a very strong front 7 even with bale suspended. Enrique to gibbs would be a good transfer hes going up tonight aswell. Sterling can go in the wildcard. Im now veering away from moses think I may AWARD oscar a place in my team this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Bale will drop tonight most likely. Just a few more thousand to go. I can live wit paying an extra .1 to get him back in. Fear Mata could be rested. Mostly due to rumor talk but I don't think he will based on his comments and the fact that Chelsea need to keep up their current momentum.

Thinking I'll ship Bale out for a week and get Fellaini in. He's a long term plan anyways.

If michus fit I wouldnt take a points hit you have a very strong front 7 even with bale suspended. Enrique to gibbs would be a good transfer hes going up tonight aswell. Sterling can go in the wildcard. Im now veering away from moses think I may AWARD oscar a place in my team this week.

i wouldn't say i have the strongest front 7 for this gw in fairness. can see Sterling being good for nothing but a 2 pointer, may even be benched. my 3 forwards are away from home. Bale out obviously(but not transferring him). decisions, decisions. think having everton or swansea attacking coverage could be beneficial, even for a hit. 0.1 short for P Hernandez :( (who i really rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

1 player out and 3 doubtful. May bring someone in to boost numbers as we can use the jan wildcard after this week cant we? Will bring someone in for Bale i think. Ideas? Fellaini Mata or Walcott??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

i wouldn't say i have the strongest front 7 for this gw in fairness. can see Sterling being good for nothing but a 2 pointer, may even be benched. my 3 forwards are away from home. Bale out obviously(but not transferring him). decisions, decisions. think having everton or swansea attacking coverage could be beneficial, even for a hit. 0.1 short for P Hernandez :( (who i really rate)

I'm thinking of Hernandez as a bit of a secret weapon, hes so prolific. Can't believe he didn't play last week! Does anyone have a better points per minutes played ration than him?

I'd be happy taking a gamble if Rooney's injury is likely to keep him out until January, but it's worrying how often Hernandez comes in for a 1 pointer. I could have him in this team ahead of Fletcher. If it was a case of either he plays or he doesn't I'd start him every week, and if he didn't play then I still have an incredibly strong attack of 7 to play.

It's Fergie's 1 minute cameos that are turning me off. He's only played the full 90 in 3/12 starts, and has picked up five 1 pointers. His return when he does score though is second to none. Only one game that he played longer than half an hour did he not score in.

And the last two seasons he has scored well (he was £10m last season!).

roryc wrote: »

I'm thinking of Hernandez as a bit of a secret weapon, hes so prolific. Can't believe he didn't play last week! Does anyone have a better points per minutes played ration than him?

I'd be happy taking a gamble if Rooney's injury is likely to keep him out until January, but it's worrying how often Hernandez comes in for a 1 pointer. I could have him in this team ahead of Fletcher. If it was a case of either he plays or he doesn't I'd start him every week, and if he didn't play then I still have an incredibly strong attack of 7 to play.

It's Fergie's 1 minute cameos that are turning me off. He's only played the full 90 in 3/12 starts, and has picked up five 1 pointers. His return when he does score though is second to none. Only one game that he played longer than half an hour did he not score in.

And the last two seasons he has scored well (he was £10m last season!).

in fairness i think Hernandez will be the first player wildcarded out. There's a break after this gw and i reckon United's medical staff and Rooney himself will be doing everything to make sure he's available for the Liverpool game. Hopefully Hernandez can notch a few points this week though, would be very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

roryc wrote: »

Dzeko but only barely. It's so close it makes no difference.

Also Buttner has the best overall. He's averaging 17 points for every 90 minutes that he plays :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Will Walcott definitely play at Southampton, I'm considering Bringing him in just for the one match as a replacement for Bale, I haven't any other pressing concern and it would probably give me an edge for my cup match, I'm also considering Fellaini as I will be keeping onto him but he has a tougher fixture on paper

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will Walcott definitely play at Southampton, I'm considering Bringing him in just for the one match as a replacement for Bale, I haven't any other pressing concern and it would probably give me an edge for my cup match, I'm also considering Fellaini as I will be keeping onto him but he has a tougher fixture on paper

He should play. Arsenal had a break mid week so are under no huge pressure to rest players.

With Giroud back, he may start on the wing but is just as good a proposition from there IMO. 2 of his assists and one goal at the weekend came from the wing.

I'm shocked tbh by how many are contemplating the wildcard already. There is still a month's worth of transfers to go through.

I'm waiting to see who Harry gets in at QPR for example.

Does anybody know why Routledge was subbed off at h/t v Fulham? Considering him as a short term transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    He should play. Arsenal had a break mid week so are under no huge pressure to rest players.

With Giroud back, he may start on the wing but is just as good a proposition from there IMO. 2 of his assists and one goal at the weekend came from the wing.

I'm shocked tbh by how many are contemplating the wildcard already. There is still a month's worth of transfers to go through.

I'm waiting to see who Harry gets in at QPR for example.

Thanks for that, I forgot about the rest week and hadn't factored the double game week, I may keep Walcott till then although I don't predict many days like the last one,
    Midfield is extremely difficult to get right at the moment, so many who appear as essentials, before Fellaini's suspension he was seriously hot property but now it's tough to get him back without overlooking some others, I really want Bale, Mata, Michu and Fellaini but now others have stepped up it's tough to pick, at least I'm happy with my 5th cheap midfielder Puncheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sidwell>> Walcott
    mertesacker> Cameron

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

@premierleague: #FPL managers, a reminder that you can play your January wildcard from 1130 GMT tomorrow. Full details explained here http://t.co/lLBanI36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I brought Torres in for Tevez, but had to take a 4 point hit to do so. After Dzeko's MOTM performance and Tevez having been ill, it's a toss of the coin whether he starts or not. I can't afford to have another GW where a player I don't have runs riot, and having seen QPR against Liverpool I think Torres is a decent candidate to do just that.

Advertisement