Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RVP 14.0 million......WOW!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dahat wrote: »

Worth. Every. Penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

What players rose last night lads? Cant access the site at work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm glad I got him in months ago when he was still somewhat affordable.

I played my WC in week 4 just to get him in and it has paid off handsomely.

Anyone who doesn't have him at this stage is doing it wrong and probably won't be able to afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Anyone who doesn't have him at this stage is doing it wrong and probably won't be able to afford him.

Doing quite well without him so far. With a team value of 104.5 I think at this point my money is spent better elsewhere. The sheer number of attacking options in midfield and forward positions are increasing each week, it's only a matter of time before players like Dempsey, Kagawa, and Walcott start scoring goals and then you throw elite middies like Bale, Mata, Hazard, Cazorla in the mix and Fellaini and Michu...

Suarez will probably hit 20+ goals this season, Tevez or Aguero will start kicking it into overdrive for the second half of the season that's how badly Man City want to compete I believe, the possibilities for rotation are endless if you get these players in form.

How would I even afford highpriced defenders like Evra or Ivanovic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Demba Ba reportedly meeting chelsea representatives tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The guy who is 4th overall hasn't had RVP all season so is he doing it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hogey007 wrote: »

Now that is interesting......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Santi101 wrote: »
    Could be an inspired one I guess. I think Fulham look horrible these days and dont want any one of their players tbh. I'd rather pay a little extra and get Lambert ahead of Ruiz, least he can score goals.

Is it weird that all the top guys in the world had Walcott and captained him yesterday?...LOL, are they just that good? Seems incredible.

Not weird at all. Things are bunched very tight up the top, and given that other than Walcott it was a very low-scoring week, there was obviously going to be big moves for those who had him. 3 out of the (now) top 5 captained him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Now that is interesting......

yeah imagine him feeding off passes from mata, hazard, oscar, cole etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

iMuse wrote: »
    The guy who is 4th overall hasn't had RVP all season so is he doing it wrong?

It just requires a lot more skill to set up your team and pick a (c) without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

yeah imagine him feeding off passes from mata, hazard, oscar, cole etc.
    Defo, but does it not devalue both him and Torres for FF purposes rather than increase anyones value?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Cisse could be worth looking at again, He might play better with Ba not there.

iMuse wrote: »
    Cisse could be worth looking at again, He might play better with Ba not there.
    Assuming Newcastle don't sign a replacement. I'd hold off on that one until you know more.

is it not against the rules to do that outside the transfer window?

manual_man wrote: »
    They were saying on Sky it was grand because of his release clause, I wouldn't have thought so myself though. At least not until they've actually made the bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Well Sturridge was reported to meet with Liverpool last week and have a medical. I think it's fine if both clubs agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wouldn't think so . People arrange deals in the summer all the time that don't officially go through till the window opens .

secretly i was hoping he'd be meeting Liverpool representatives :( Of course Daniel can't-get-a-game-for-Chelsea Sturridge is the man for us. He played under Rodgers before after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Liverpool should go try get Scott Sinclair ain't getting a game for City and as we've seen before fits Rodgers style perfectly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Shorey out for O'Brien or Demel?

My defence is in absolute tatters at the moment.

Shorey, Clark, Gibbs, Cameron, Lowton. Two Aston Villa defenders really is killing me but I'm not brave enough to take a hit on getting one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think a 4 point hit is on the cards,I've already done Bale to Walcott but looking at QPR today against an average Liverpool team I feel the need to get some Chelsea cover as there can be a big score racked up next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

zerks wrote: »
    I think a 4 point hit is on the cards,I've already done Bale to Walcott but looking at QPR today against an average Liverpool team I feel the need to get some Chelsea cover as there can be a big score racked up next GW.
    For this reason I was thinking of getting Mata yo add to my Torres. But surely if Mata is ever going to be rested, it'll be against QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Was thinking the same thing with Mata,I can see him starting Oscar in that one in place of either Mata or Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I have to move Bale on for this one with my FT, as Michu is still rated as doubtful. Great boost if Michu can play as Villa are absolutely horrible right now, no confidence, leaking goals galore and struggling to score themselves.

So Bale to either Theo/Hazard/Mata I'm thinking. Ideally I'd go Mata but he's started every game recently which concerns me. Hazard has gone quiet but has the potential to get good returns. Walcott obviously will be on alot of people's radar now after the Newcastle match but I'd be shocked if he could back up a hat-trick with another big haul tbh returning to his old club with Chamberlain, like Bale and Cazorla who didnt back up their recent hat-tricks with good displays. I also have Cazorla so would probably rather get some Chelsea coverage incase we struggle away to Southampton. Hard to know. Walcott just seems too obvious at this stage!!

Aggghhhhh, this games messes with the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Accrding to LFC it appears Enrique has a tear in his hamstring.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Need a bit help.

Is point hit worth taking now when WC is so close although I was planning to use it after dgw.

I have Michu(doubt), Bale (sus), Enrique (inj), Mata (rest?). I afraid that I'm not going to make 11 players at next gw.

I was thinking to do Enrique -> Sagna/Gibbs (-4) or Bale -> Fellaini

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Have all the above players missing / doubtful as well but going to take a chance and not take a points hit, looking at getting rid of enrique as i was going to do it with thw wildcard anyway. No idea who to replace him with, looking at gibbs but arsenal fixtures not great with city and chelsea coming up, any other suggestions, 5.9 to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Enrique gone too? Things just keep getting worse!

Advertisement