Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Ares wrote: »
    What do people think of swapping Tevez to Dzeko?

I can tell you I've already pulled the trigger on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Ares wrote: »
    What do people think of swapping Tevez to Dzeko?

Mancini will probably bench both for the next game!.......:pac:

I personally wont be touching any City strikers for the rest of the season, I've had both Tevez and Aguero at some stage. I like to wake up on a Saturday morning knowing my strikers choices will almost certainly play!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

SickBoy wrote: »
    I can tell you I've already pulled the trigger on that one.
    Santi101 wrote: »

I personally wont be touching any City strikers for the rest of the season, I've had both Tevez and Aguero at some stage. I like to wake up on a Saturday morning knowing my strikers choices will almost certainly play!!!

Thanks for the response.

I have 2 free transfers and propose a four point hit.

Bale to Mata
    Sterling to Fellaini
    Tevez to Dzeko. This would leave me without a red cent in the bank. 0.0

Team would be;

Begovic/Cerny
    Caulker/Cameron/Davies/Baird/McCartney
    Walcott/Silva/Fellaini/Mata/Michu
    Dzeko/Torres/Van Persie

If I'm to do it, it has to be tonight as Sterling is due to drop price

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was under the mistaken impression the wildcard was available for G.W. 21 as opposed to after it has started. Fecks up my plans. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hard to know what Arsenal forward line will play next week. Yes Theo got a hattrick but Giroud is back fit and scored twice.

theo will start no doubt, but it could be at the expense of oxe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭G1032

Oh I don't know what to do. Brought in Bale this week for a 4 point hit. I just can't go and sell him again now. I swore to myself a few weeks ago that Bale wouldn't get into my team this season. After his performance last week and Spurs fixtures I bowed to the pressure and got him in. Just a disaster. I don't know who to buy now. Might just do nothing. Luiz in perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sticking to my guns and bringing in Fellaini for Snodgrass this week even with the likely return of Michu. Why has Michu not dropped btw, protected or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Think I'll be leaving my FT until tomorrow. I like the idea of getting in Chelsea cover for their home game to QPR, so want to see how they fare after tomorrows game.

can anyone tell me if tevez will fall by .2 or if ba will rise by .2 by tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

5kJw3.png

Any ideas as to what I can do here? Shipping points week in week out.

£1.4m in the bank and one free transfer.

• Advertisement

Yep IMO best to wait to see how Chelsea line-up and fare tomorrow. Gonna move Bale out for this GW, but dont wanna be too hasty getting a Chelsea player in, cant see Mata starting every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

keano_afc wrote: »
    5kJw3.png

Any ideas as to what I can do here? Shipping points week in week out.

£1.4m in the bank and one free transfer.

Tevez out is the most obvious one to me. Apart from that your MF and FWs are quite solid. Your defense is pretty weak though, maybe worth putting 1.0m or so into it.

Thats a pretty good side Keano, I would have moved Fellaini on a few weeks ago when his ban started but having 2 of Mata/Hazard/Cazorla/Bale + Michu and Fellaini is good going looking forward. I'd possibly look at Tevez to a more reliable striker who starts every week.

Defence could probably be reshaped...Demel not playing much these days. I would get shot of Hughes aswell for Fulham, they have looked poor for a while. With a little extra on top of Sagna, you could get more reward too,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone suggest a replacement for Nicky Shorey? Not a cent in the bank.

michael turner

Aguero will play most weeks hes there main man and was excellent today.

Aguero will play most weeks hes there main man and was excellent today.

He's having an average season overall though, no consistency from him.

Top player, I'm not interested at this stage tbh Big price at 11m

He's having an average season overall though, no consistency from him.

Top player, I'm not interested at this stage tbh Big price at 11m

true he hasnt really got going yet but think that injury at the start and all that travelling to argentina for internationals and the CL has had an effect on his points returns. If city are to retain the title I think mancini now knows hes going to have to play him nearly every week although I could see him getting a rest against stoke hes played every min of citys xmas period. I think he will have a really strong 2nd half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

People have been saying for quite some time that Aguero will hit form and be a good long term investment. He's had a very average season so far (by his standards) and there are far better options available at a much lower cost. (I await being quoted in May when he hits 30 goals)

Got in Walcott for Bale, until the wildcard comes in anyway. Might take a points hit and get Fellaini in for Silva, but I'll keep an eye on price changes until I need to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shorey options:

Mariappa, Nelsen, Turner or Demel.

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

when is the Wildcard available?

• Advertisement

Shorey options:

What do people think?

west ham will get the most clean sheets surely, so demel if he stays fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Shorey options:

What do people think?

Had Demel in the past and had to get rid, can never be sure he will play, and for the next few GWs that's the last thing you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

qwabercd wrote: »
    Had Demel in the past and had to get rid, can never be sure he will play, and for the next few GWs that's the last thing you need.

I took the risk with demel as also has a dgw coming up.

Took a vary rare points hit this wk to get Bale in, shipped him right back out for Walcott and i'll take him back after wildcard.

Plan is WC gw 23 after dgw fixtures so stack up on those before

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Forgot to make my transfers and missed out what I presume was a Walcott price rise?

Gonna stall on this and think tomorrow about my moves. A lot of it will be based around the Chelsea game and how the fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Anyone know the chances of Cahill getting rotated in Chelsea's defense over the next two matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Dunno about Ruiz tbh, he's more of an assister who gets involved in deeper areas. Seems pretty shot-shy in general.

Also I might not go near Berba at all this season, doesnt seem to score nearly enough. Decent price I guess.

Harsh on Ruiz. I think he's a cracking buy at the price. Fulham are the 7th highest scorers in the league and Ruiz and Berba are usually involved in either scoring or assisting. I think Ruiz's value was shown when he was out injured, they looked much poorer without him.

Fulham have good fixtures ahead too. I have Van Persie and Berba up top but i will be bringing in Ruiz too as the third cheap option, its a gamble on Fulham of course but it leaves me with Mata, Silva, Bale and Michu starting in the middle and with a really good defence too. Taking a punt on Ruiz (who has tiny ownership too) as a third striker allows some serious upgrading elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Only hazard, Silva, RVP and Tevez have more assists in the game than ruiz. Given his price and how many games he has missed, that's pretty impressive in my book. He rewarded me well when I had him earlier in the season so I might bring him back. But I can afford much more now with a 113m team value so might stick with berba instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Only hazard, Silva, RVP and Tevez have more assists in the game than ruiz. Given his price and how many games he has missed, that's pretty impressive in my book. He rewarded me well when I had him earlier in the season so I might bring him back. But I can afford much more now with a 113m team value so might stick with berba instead.

An assist is only 1 point less than a goal and at a budget 5.4 or so he is ideal for those who have survived this long without RVP and need to get him in.

dahat wrote: »
    An assist is only 1 point less than a goal and at a budget 5.4 or so he is ideal for those who have survived this long without RVP and need to get him in.

Don't know much about Ruiz but he doesn't appear in the past to play the full ninety in every match, could be a rotation risk? Or has Jol come around to him lately?

• Advertisement

Could be an inspired one I guess. I think Fulham look horrible these days and dont want any one of their players tbh. I'd rather pay a little extra and get Lambert ahead of Ruiz, least he can score goals.

Is it weird that all the top guys in the world had Walcott and captained him yesterday?...LOL, are they just that good? Seems incredible.

Advertisement